Pete's Dragon's Trip Report 13th - 19th Sept.09 *finished*

Started by Pete's Dragon, September 20, 2009, 02:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

Well here goes. What follows is a tale full of wonder and excitement, highs and lows, smiles and laughter, the memories that were brought back and the things that were left behind .........................

Sunday 13th Sept [/b]
"It's OK troops, the antigravity sickness will wear off momentarily. Now let's move!"

Set off at 8.45am for the airport and arrived at 9.30am. Checked in, through security and relaxed. Happily the flight left on time. This was my first flight with Aer Lingus and it was pretty good (although I'm a complete trembling wreck during the landing. I hate landing, hate it I tell you)

Got our bags and headed to Terminal 2F to get the VEA shuttle. Everything was going so well I was expecting a spanner to be thrown into the works. We got to the hotel, and I prayed we had a room close to the reception. We got 2 connecting rooms on the 6th floor of the east wing, 4 rooms away from the elevator !!!!!! Sweet.
The view from our room in Disney Hotel had been of the bushes, Sante Fe's view had been of a crummy volcano. So when I looked out of the Newport Bay window, my chin hit the floor. I mean ,wow !!!!!

My mum was also very impressed with the view. Basically I took photos of the view at every opportunity all week long.
As we were all hungry we headed down to the Village for some dinner. After a bit of pondering, we decided on Annette's. Afterwards my mum and her boyfriend headed back to the hotel for a sleep, while we headed into the park for the final 2 hours (7pm -9pm)

This was my first time in the park when it was dark. As we always go in September, the park closes at 7pm. I would love to show you lots of lovely night time shots, but my camera just wasn't up to the job (maybe if I'd had a tripod, but some turned out all right).

Headed via the dragon to Fantasyland, and the Mad Hatters Tea-cups as it was gonna be closed the rest of the week. OMG the cups were nearly impossible to turn. Me and Jasmine tried our hardest but couldn't get them to spin any faster than 2 mph. I hope this is the reason for the closure (well, and to clean to very dirty roof and replace the worn-off matting on the saucers.)

Then we had a quick run around Alice's Labyrinth. While some of it looks nice and clean, and the curbs hae been painted, there's still a lot of work needed. The loose spotlight on the floor that I nearly tripped over last year still hadn't been fixed.
Then it was on to Dumbo, before a quick bash at Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast (where Elisha beat Joshua ......... Joshua not happy).
After that we headed out of the park, stopping to take photos at every turn (sadly 90% had to be deleted)

Back at the hotel, we tried to get our tired little kids to sleep. But Joshua discovered how to get the Disney Channel on, so they ended up staying awake till 11pm

Well I was too tired to care, and I fell asleep before they did. But not before I took one last photo of the day.

Tomorrow after breakfast, it was time for my mum and her boyfriend, Sam, to experience to true magic of Disney first-hand !!!!!!! To be continued ..............

Aveen2008

=D>  =D>  =D>  Great start to the trip report, any chance you will have it all finished before I leave tonight? ha :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  no pressure!

I love the photo of your kids hugging its so cute! :D What a fantastic view you had!

I'm still very curious as to what you left behind hehe!

Great pics! :D  :D  :D  :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Handy Andy

Well you don't hang about. Good report so far. I love Discoveryland in the dark.  8)

Only 2 days to go!!!   :D/
Magical Wishes
Andy

Annet

As usual...looking forward to the rest of the report!
Great pictures too, your kids are really sweet!
I especially like this picture:

bigrossco

great pics cant wait for more!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Epcot_Boy

Looks like everyone enjoyed Disneyday 1 :lol:

Now that's what I call a night view........

=D>  =D>  =D>

David

-breeno-

Good to see you start this report on time unlike another certain Irish member :oops:  :P

Great start to your report PD :D/   How did you find flying with Aer Lingus?  And more importantly how was the fantastic Newport Bay?  What a view btw 8)

Now make with part 2!! *shakes fist* :twisted:  :mrgreen:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

littlemermaid83

I go tomorrow so look forward to reading all about it when i get back.

Your night shots are lovely, and your children are adorable!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Javey74

Very nice start to your Trip Report there Pete's Dragon, I used it as a taster or starter, now awaiting for the start of the main course..  :mrgreen:

Keep it flowing..  :wink:  :D

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "-breeno-"Great start to your report PD :D/   How did you find flying with Aer Lingus?  And more importantly how was the fantastic Newport Bay?  What a view btw 8)

Thanks everyone. Breeno I thought Newport Bay was a fantastic hotel. The rooms were really spacious (especially after Santa Fe), the view was breath-taking, and the breakfast was .......... well, I'll leave that until Tuesday's part  :?

One thing I forgot to mention. When we first went into the room, there was a sealed envelope lying on the bed. I opened it to find this letter

I thought this was a beautiful little touch. So much so, that I immediately put it into my suitcase (right beside the Newport Bay postcards and the soaps and showergels from the bathroom, and the stationary and pencil from the drawer, and the Do Not Disturb sign. Yip, I lifted them all straight away  :lol: )

loladelorean

Hi Pete's Dragon - thanks so much for posting your trip report! We are heading to the magic tomorrow so it's exciting to see photos of the park that are so recent.
Reading the trip reports on here makes it seem all the more real...looking forward to reading the rest but it might need to wait til we get back hehe.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

Clarebelle

I am in love with your photos! you have two beautiful and happy children, and I hope you all had a fantastic time!

Did you have a normal room or did you stay on Admirals floor? either way that veiw ... just WOW! does everyone who stays in NPBC get one of those letters or did you go for a special occation?

Reading your trip report is making me even more excited for my trip
1 Month, 4 Weeks and 5 Days  :D/  :D/  not long now lol

Can't wait to read more :D
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Pete's Dragon

I'm not sure about the letter. My mum got one as well in the adjoining room.
We were on the 6th floor, and a sign by the lifts said Admiral's floor, but we didn't get any special perks. I think it's because we were in the east wing, and not the main central part of the building.

Clarebelle

Still nice view!
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

tinkerbell5

Great report. couple of questions. What do you mean when you said headed via the Dragon. I have never seen this when we have gone. where do I find this????

Thanks