Disney Channel coming to Benelux!

Started by Kristof, September 15, 2009, 02:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Good news for residents of Belgium and the Netherlands!  An announcement is expected this week for the launch of a Dutch-language Disney Channel.  Rumours say the Disney Channel will share air time with RTL4 in Holland and with 2BE in Belgium from 6 am to 6 pm.

=D>  :D

Anthony

Great news. Will it also be its own standalone channel, or is it just launching softly with those timeshare slots?

It'll be another 20 years before the hotel TVs at DLP are rewired to receive it... :P

mehdi5

I think it's a stand-alone channel in the Netherlands, it's exclusive to the digital-tv company UPC, and it states it will be on channel 16, and RTL4 is on channel 4, i'd find it unlikely for that channel to be re-routed to be honest :?  Good to hear it's coming to the benelux though :D

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Just think. This day next week, we'll be watching THE DISNEY CHANNEL.
Hope to see Ducktales again

Anthony

Quote from: "WaltDisneyFanBoy"Hope to see Ducktales again
Don't hope too much.

It'll be Hannah Montana and Wizards of Whatsit Place played out 24/7.

Willow

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "WaltDisneyFanBoy"Hope to see Ducktales again
Don't hope too much.

It'll be Hannah Montana and Wizards of Whatsit Place played out 24/7.

You forgot the latest creation..... The Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana.  :shock:

(For the record, I had to Google the name of it  :wink: )

Anthony

Quote from: "Willow"You forgot the latest creation..... The Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana.  :shock:
Good lord. Their programming must be put together like a world cup draw.

If that ship goes down, they'll have to start the channel again from scratch!

mehdi5

Well the channel is 24/7, it has it's own channel, not shared, just letting you know :wink:  For those reading now lol programming in the Netherlands starts at 9am with Monsters Inc.

Soap

Quote from: "mehdi5"Well the channel is 24/7, it has it's own channel, not shared, just letting you know :wink:  For those reading now lol programming in the Netherlands starts at 9am with Monsters Inc.

Pity only UPC is having it....

Will have to put in a good word @ Ziggo....
As a customer and an employee they will have to listen, don't they  :P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Kristof

Yeah the rumours in the first topic were obviously fake.  Currently only The Netherlands has Disney Channel on UPC, but there's talk we'll get a Flemish Disney Channel somewhere in November on Telenet.  :)

svenneke1

Oh, that's good news! I'd like to have a Flemish Disney channel! [-o<

Kristof

It's been confirmed!  The Flemish version of Disney Channel is coming to Telenet Digital TV on November 1st.  :mrgreen:

Source: http://digitaltvblog.telenet.be/2009/10 ... igital-tv/

svenneke1

Quote from: "Kristof"It's been confirmed!  The Flemish version of Disney Channel is coming to Telenet Digital TV on November 1st.  :mrgreen:

Yes, finally! :D/  I only hope we do not get the live action series like hannah montana dubbed in dutch, I hate that. Are we going to get a real flemish channel or will we get the version from the netherlands?

mehdi5

Quote from: "svenneke1"
Quote from: "Kristof"It's been confirmed!  The Flemish version of Disney Channel is coming to Telenet Digital TV on November 1st.  :mrgreen:

Yes, finally! :D/  I only hope we do not get the live action series like hannah montana dubbed in dutch, I hate that. Are we going to get a real flemish channel or will we get the version from the netherlands?
Propably 80% chance they will. Other channels like Jetix, Nickelodeon etc dub each program themselves because they aquire rights to air them, but have to dub themselves. Disney already owns the programs, and has the Dutch dubs ready, so it'll propably be the Dutch dubs. English versions in the Netherlands start airing at 17:30 or so usually, sometimes earlier from what i've heard.

svenneke1

I hope there will be a minimal on dub, or maybe I'll have to watch after 17h. But aren't jetix and nickelodeon channels from holland? Hannah Montana on VT4 is in english, but High School Musical on Ketnet was in dutch...