Backlot Streetsets

Started by Kristof, May 10, 2006, 11:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

I'm thinking about this for quite some time...  When you walk the boulevard from Cinémagique to Moteurs Action / Rock 'n Roller Coaster, than you get this view...  Something is missing right, like a decent "weenie"?

What about adding... a Backlot Street set!  

There's room enough that goes from the space between the stuntshow and rock 'n roller coaster and leads all the way behind the stuntshow to the current CM parkinglot behind the Tram Tour Station.
They could place a Hollywood Boulevard over there and connect it with the Streetsets.

What do you think?

experiment627

Hey raptor,

nicely done! ... It really does make a huge difference ...

(Though you could argue that if you had a NYC background and no NYC sets that might cause some confusion and consequently complaints among guests...)

Kristof

There's a San Francisco backdrop and no San Francisco streetset at Disney-MGM.  By the way, this is the weenie to attract the people.  The streetsets are supposed to go "around the corner" leading all the way behind the stunt show to the Hollywood Boulevard behind Tram Tour station.  :idea:

Dlrpfan

I would love to see the new yorlk or even hollywood backdrop! Also just 2 let u no the Chicago street should be done with in this year at MGM
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

I really like this idea, and it's made me realise just how dull that area of the park is.  Unfortunately, the layout of the attractions will make it really hard for them to do anything about it.  They might even have trouble fitting in that backdrop like you suggest.  The layout of the Studios really falls apart when you look at how they placed the Stunt Show and RNRC, it's just... weird.

Any ideas what the backdrop should be of?  If we had a similar "LA recording studio" theme for our RNRC as they do in Florida I'd suggest a matching LA/Hollywood backdrop, but as things are, I'm not sure what to suggest.  I think a San Francisco or New York backdrop would be a bit *too* random, even if they had a real street set just to the right.

Whilst we're on the subject of the street sets, any ideas what they could do there?  I've always liked the look of MGM's New York sets, but they seem very characterless and unexciting.  I've heard rumours of WDS getting "European Street Sets", but to be honest I think that would be a bit pointless.  Like building a park themed to California in California...

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"I've heard rumours of WDS getting "European Street Sets", but to be honest I think that would be a bit pointless.  Like building a park themed to California in California...

Yeah, really pointless.  :wink:

Patrick

LOL I think WDS could use some interesting European street sets, afterall Europeaness works in Europa or so I've heard by anyone who visits.  European is the reason why so many people seem to blame WDS for failing so why not add in European street sets, like say London, Rome, Paris, although maybe creating a Paris streetset would be too close to the city itself.