Cars 2 (Pixar 2011)

Started by Captain Pan, August 24, 2009, 01:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soap

Quote from: "DisneyPictures"Hey everyone, I work with Disney/Pixar and love that you all have already seen the teaser trailer and concept art! I am working with the studio to help get the word out about the film and share the latest assets to the fans, but I was wondering what are your thoughts on Pixar's portrayal of some of the world's most impressive landmarks?

For some first concept art they look fantastic, but i would love to see more and maybe in CARS 1 own style?
And maybe some more on the plot of the movie?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Pete's Dragon

QuoteStar racecar Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) and the incomparable tow truck Mater (voice of Larry the Cable Guy) take their friendship to exciting new places in "Cars 2" when they head overseas to compete in the first-ever World Grand Prix to determine the world's fastest car. But the road to the championship is filled with plenty of potholes, detours and hilarious surprises when Mater gets caught up in an intriguing adventure of his own: international espionage.  Torn between assisting Lightning McQueen in the high-profile race and towing the line in a top-secret spy mission, Mater's action-packed journey leads him on an explosive chase through the streets of Japan and Europe, trailed by his friends and watched by the whole world. Adding to the fast-paced fun is a colorful new all-car cast that includes secret agents, menacing villains and international racing competitors.

JelleP

HereĀ“s the first trailer!
[youtube:cj21xbaz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFTfAdauCOo[/youtube:cj21xbaz]
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

dagobert

The trailer doesn't look bad, but I don't like the poster posted above. I still have doubts about the movie, but after seeing the trailer I can imagine that the movie will not be as bad as I thought. Nevertheless I still think that Pixar wouldn't have made a sequel without Disney. For Disney Cars is a cash machine, because of cars toys and other merchandise. The last Pixar movies (Ratatouille, Up or Wall-E) were not that kind of movies to produce a lot of consumer products, except plushies. So in my opinion the movie is made for the consumer products departement of TWDC.

I still wish that Pixar is not part of TWDC.

JelleP

It's going to be in IMAX 3d!
Didn't even noticed that before :D
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

peep

I'm not sure. I've seen plenty of spy spoofs and many have missed the mark. I really hope this doesn't fail and it's as fun as all the other Pixar films. However it does look very pretty and in IMAX 3D that will look amazing.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

sebassah

Quote from: "peep"I'm not sure. I've seen plenty of spy spoofs and many have missed the mark.

Thats what I had with the first trailers for The incredibles... 'not another super hero movie' turned out to be amazing. I agree it is a cashcow and money machine. But im really excited to be honest. And in IMAX 3d its gonna be mad!

Captain Pan

The Captain of Pixar is away for a few months and the movies are ripped to pieces, with people doubting the might that is John Lasseter, doubting the studio who have brought tears to eyes asking us to remember the times when she loved me and that this is the time of our lives so live it well! I write this after watching Tron, sizing up Legacy on the 17th, and fresh off a Teaching Practise which allowed me to work with Children who are the main and focused market for animation.

This line got me thinking about Cars 2 in particular.
Quote from: "sebassah". I agree it is a cashcow and money machine. But im really excited to be honest.

There has been discussion about has Pixar falling to the might of Disney and are now churning out sequels cause its the best thing.

Disney bought Pixar in 2006- but made the man being the bulb- the Chief of the House of Mouse. John Lasseter went from running Pixar to Running Disney and Pixar.

Back last year many of you were blissfully unaware of the Struggles at Emeryville. What came out of roughly a week of debates in the office's where Andy found Buzz and Woody, Where Boo got wrapped up in a chair and Where we were all told "thank you for the adventure now go have a new one"- Lasseter took in both Brad lewis and Gary Rydstrom- who at that time were both working on individual features, Gary on Newt, Brad on Cars 2, and John did what Walt himself did with several movies when he wasn't happy, placed one of them back on the drawing board and closed production, (for now I hope.) My Friends were at E'Ville, In the very Studios meeting Bob Peterson and Ronnie Del Carmen and saw John and Brad working hard together in deep conversation in attempts to save Cars 2.

You've watched 2 trailers, seen small cast lists return. Seen JOHN LASSETER- The person who Disney TRIED to BUY from Pixar on 3 separate occasions before they decided to buy the Studio in 2006- The person who saw the development of Tron- and said I can make a movie out of that technology- return to the franchise which he spent SIX long years building- to prevent it from being shelved. John Lasseter will not let the fans down that is why he's returned to the feature.

Lasseter closed the Disney Direct to DVD cycle cause- so he's not interested in the cash cow. He's interested in the fans- and so his entire studio! Both of them Disney Animation and Pixar Animation Studio.

Adam

It is important not to forget that Disney is a for profit company and don't want to lose money. They make movies that will be popular. This happens to include sequels.

However, the important thing is that they have created characters that the public have adored and resonate with them. Therefore, it make sense to tell another story about them. Pixar have said previously that they will only make a sequel if the characters are popular and most importantly, if there is a story to tell.

DisneyPictures

Quote from: "Adam"However, the important thing is that they have created characters that the public have adored and resonate with them. Therefore, it make sense to tell another story about them. Pixar have said previously that they will only make a sequel if the characters are popular and most importantly, if there is a story to tell.

Thank you Adam! Our characters are extremely important to us, whether they are new or old. It is important to make sure that our fans will enjoy them! In fact, while people know some of the names in the upcoming film, here is a chance to see the actual characters they will play. What do you think?

http://screenrant.com/cars-2-new-charac ... oss-89891/

dagobert

There is agood quote at the end of the article:
"I'm not against sequels to Cars and Monster's Inc., per se, but they just don't seem entirely necessary."

Pixar was always great in creating great characters and stories. And I also think that it is not necessary to create sequels. I think it is TWDC that wants the sequels and not Pixar. Pixar was never on the safe side and chose serious stories to tell. For example Ratatouille or Wall-E. The first one deals with unhealthy food while the second one deals with polluting our planet.

I can't wait to see new characters after Monsters Inc. 2 and Cars 2.

svenneke1

New character photos:

There's also an international poster, from Bulgary:

source: animatie.blog.nl

DisneyPictures

Don't forget you guys can stay updated with the film by becoming a fan of the Facebook page! It has great videos/images and tons of discussion over the film.

Here's the link!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... /PixarCars

DisneyPictures

Have any of you had a chance to check out any of the new characters? What do you think about Michael Caine's role in the film?

Anthony

New trailer!

[youtube:dmd7biun]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDjFGKq23ac[/youtube:dmd7biun]