Discoveryland Idea!!

Started by lil-shawn, August 22, 2009, 02:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lil-shawn

haha very funny  :lol: , non of this attraction would really fit into discoveryland.
these are attractions for tomorrowland, and this is really another theme.
our discoveryland represent the future as jules verne and leonardo da vince thought of,
or something like this.

i think mission space and alien encounter would be great in the studios, thogether with
hista and star tours, build a the sci-fi dine and boom we have a whole new land
for the studios. maybe they can call it sci-fi studios  :lol:

Magicalmouse125

i think this is a totally great idea and it would so work in discovery land. :D
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

luke85

I love your ideas! That tram station in TDS looks beautiful and would fit in so well in Discoveryland. I love riding the Disneyland Railroad, but every time the train pulls into the current Discoveryland station I always notice how out of place and rubbish it looks!

emweaver

Sorry if I sound a bit "dumb" here do you work for DLP?

Timbo

Quote from: "luke85"I love your ideas! That tram station in TDS looks beautiful and would fit in so well in Discoveryland. I love riding the Disneyland Railroad, but every time the train pulls into the current Discoveryland station I always notice how out of place and rubbish it looks!
I've always thought that station was a let down too !! There is not really much themeing going on compared to the rest of Discoveryland , and it could of had a fantastic Jules Verne styling which would fit in perfectly with the steam trains !
I always think the back of the land i.e Star Tours ,HISTA etc really lacks the style of the rest  of the land .It's as if they didn't know how to fit it in or ran out of money !!

luke85

Quote from: "Timbo"
Quote from: "luke85"I love your ideas! That tram station in TDS looks beautiful and would fit in so well in Discoveryland. I love riding the Disneyland Railroad, but every time the train pulls into the current Discoveryland station I always notice how out of place and rubbish it looks!
I've always thought that station was a let down too !! There is not really much themeing going on compared to the rest of Discoveryland , and it could of had a fantastic Jules Verne styling which would fit in perfectly with the steam trains !
I always think the back of the land i.e Star Tours ,HISTA etc really lacks the style of the rest  of the land .It's as if they didn't know how to fit it in or ran out of money !!
I know what you mean, I think if Discoveryland station was had been on the cards since day one, it would have been properly budgeted, themed and designed. In 1993 when it was added, I can't imagine the park had a great deal of money to build a lavish Jules Verne type station even if they had originally planned to. I'm so envious that TDS have such a great station!

The Butlin Boy

Wow, these are really great ideas lil-shawn. You've really captured the true essence and meaning of the original Discoveryland that we all love so much =D>

Thanks for posting them :)

lil-shawn

thanks guy´s for all those positive compliments.
am still working on this project, it´s a long way till am very happy
with the result. but when the final touch is made and i
like it you all will see it. but may this takes a bit of time  :roll:

also am still working on three other projects, one of them is
the myth and legend theme park. its been a long time ago
after my last post on this project, but thinks don´t want work out
like i imagine it...

also am working on a revamp of the studios, plus expansion ideas,
may there will be some stuff or ideas that will impress you or may not  :lol:
we will se, but till i will post it it will take a few days or even weeks befor i can
put the first pics and ideas...

till then i hope you enjoy discusing about the other half done project i postet so far....

emweaver

Quote from: "lil-shawn"thanks guy´s for all those positive compliments.
am still working on this project, it´s a long way till am very happy
with the result. but when the final touch is made and i
like it you all will see it. but may this takes a bit of time  :roll:

also am still working on three other projects, one of them is
the myth and legend theme park. its been a long time ago
after my last post on this project, but thinks don´t want work out
like i imagine it...

also am working on a revamp of the studios, plus expansion ideas,
may there will be some stuff or ideas that will impress you or may not  :lol:
we will se, but till i will post it it will take a few days or even weeks befor i can
put the first pics and ideas...

till then i hope you enjoy discusing about the other half done project i postet so far....

do you work for disneyland or do these as a hobby?

lil-shawn

Quotedo you work for disneyland or do these as a hobby?

No i don´t work for disney, not in the parks and not at imagineering, i
just make it for fun and is part of my hobby..

lil-shawn

Hey ya,
Sorry to bring up this old topic, but i was thinking about discoveryland the last 3 month.
Discoveryland, needs to go back to its original roots, its a shame that disney management, decided
to but in Buzz and make it more futuristic. That is not the right way, and they should know it better,
how much trouble disneyland and disney world have, to rebuilt or reimagineer tomorrowland.
so i say, bringing back the theme of true visionaries.

First step would be to bring back Space Mountain de la Terre a la lune, with new trains, a lot of new effects, and
the perfect themed que line. i loved to watch through the windows and see the trains running throught the comets ect...

After this is done, more projects are coming to make it the true Discoveryland, a land with lots of attractions,
and a theme that don´t need to get changed, and no new attraction needs to get added the next 20 years after all is done. on this link is the color map i did, below i will explain everything.

The first  step after space mountain would be to build Autopia on the part of land, where the tent for pizza planet stand right now. Green on the map!
the new aoutopia would have a visionaries look, but the cars would go with an electro motor.

After Autopia and the ending of captain eo (if it comes back) the 3D theatre would get demolished. Now we have a
new part of land, big enough for a nice big attraction. Orange on the map!
the new attraction would be Soarin over the world, the theme of the queue and interrior would be all about
the flying machines from leonardo da vinci, also at the pre show, jules verne will welcome you to the jurney around the world.
Because tis is such a big land, a lot of greenery, and a few buildings will find its way. all themed to a village or city
visionaries had envisioned.

The red little part on the map represents the new double Trains Station, why double?
from this train station you will get to the Disneyland Rail Road, and to the new Electric Railway, who brings you
from Discoveryland to main Street USA.

Electric RailWay:

New Discoveryland Station:

After all this is done, Discoveryland has a neew look, great attractions, perfect theming and it would be one of the
most visited lands, but not so fast, because am still not done. we have a big part of land where autopia was before.

the big brown land on the map, will hold an incedible attraction. lets begin on the part of land at the entrance
to discoveryland. here a new restaurant will get built, Vulcania. The outside has its steel work theme but also a
little bit of the rockwork that comes on the place where autopia was.

on this place a huge Vulcano will get build an it will host Jurney to the center of the earth, but this is not a
copy of mystery island or the attraction from TDS. no the ride system will be the one used on Indiana Joney Adventures, the look of the cars would be like the one at TDS attraction.

Also a second new restaurant will get build on this huge vulcano, The nautilus table service restaurant,
i think most of you know this old concept. and as a suprise, the nautilus walk through attraction will get
rebuild to an queue line for a new dark ride called 20 000 leagues under the sea. it will be the same Attraction
as at TDS!

hope you like it, and sorry for my bad writing...

guest3474

Here's an idea- build the originally concepted restaurant building between Buzz Lightyear and Autopia, and move Stitch Encounter there. Then place Captain EO in its location in WDS. Star Tours II would replace Armageddon. And there, you would have space for the new station, and the attractions fit in with their perspective locations perfectly.

QTXAdsy

Quote from: "lil-shawn"Hey ya,
Sorry to bring up this old topic, but i was thinking about discoveryland the last 3 month.
Discoveryland, needs to go back to its original roots, its a shame that disney management, decided
to but in Buzz and make it more futuristic. That is not the right way, and they should know it better,
how much trouble disneyland and disney world have, to rebuilt or reimagineer tomorrowland.
so i say, bringing back the theme of true visionaries.

First step would be to bring back Space Mountain de la Terre a la lune, with new trains, a lot of new effects, and
the perfect themed que line. i loved to watch through the windows and see the trains running throught the comets ect...

After this is done, more projects are coming to make it the true Discoveryland, a land with lots of attractions,
and a theme that don´t need to get changed, and no new attraction needs to get added the next 20 years after all is done. on this link is the color map i did, below i will explain everything.

The first  step after space mountain would be to build Autopia on the part of land, where the tent for pizza planet stand right now. Green on the map!
the new aoutopia would have a visionaries look, but the cars would go with an electro motor.

After Autopia and the ending of captain eo (if it comes back) the 3D theatre would get demolished. Now we have a
new part of land, big enough for a nice big attraction. Orange on the map!
the new attraction would be Soarin over the world, the theme of the queue and interrior would be all about
the flying machines from leonardo da vinci, also at the pre show, jules verne will welcome you to the jurney around the world.
Because tis is such a big land, a lot of greenery, and a few buildings will find its way. all themed to a village or city
visionaries had envisioned.

The red little part on the map represents the new double Trains Station, why double?
from this train station you will get to the Disneyland Rail Road, and to the new Electric Railway, who brings you
from Discoveryland to main Street USA.

Electric RailWay:

New Discoveryland Station:

After all this is done, Discoveryland has a neew look, great attractions, perfect theming and it would be one of the
most visited lands, but not so fast, because am still not done. we have a big part of land where autopia was before.

the big brown land on the map, will hold an incedible attraction. lets begin on the part of land at the entrance
to discoveryland. here a new restaurant will get built, Vulcania. The outside has its steel work theme but also a
little bit of the rockwork that comes on the place where autopia was.

on this place a huge Vulcano will get build an it will host Jurney to the center of the earth, but this is not a
copy of mystery island or the attraction from TDS. no the ride system will be the one used on Indiana Joney Adventures, the look of the cars would be like the one at TDS attraction.

Also a second new restaurant will get build on this huge vulcano, The nautilus table service restaurant,
i think most of you know this old concept. and as a suprise, the nautilus walk through attraction will get
rebuild to an queue line for a new dark ride called 20 000 leagues under the sea. it will be the same Attraction
as at TDS!

hope you like it, and sorry for my bad writing...

What excellent ideas you have. =D>  

It would bring Discoveryland back to it's former glory, not only that, but make it better! :)

Here Come The Belgians!

guest3474

I like your ideas shawn, but you've got rid of the nautilis showbuilding! (whoops) :lol:

Whip

jwagner

This is so awesome, dude!!!
if only the half of it would become true this will be a ind of renaissance for discoveryland.
All the attractions look great and the themming i exactly what  i'm thinking of when i hear "discoveryland".
the only problem is the money. I cannot imagine that disney will have enough money to rebuild this whole area...
they'll first have to build more into the studios, which will take nearly all of their budget.
But hopefully we'll see this BEAUTY , one day

REspect for your great work  =D>  =D>  =D>