Honey I Shrunk The Audience aging badly?

Started by mehdi5, August 20, 2009, 10:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

I like the idea of a new animated WALL-E short film replacing Honey I Shrunk The Audience. WALL-E is a Pixar movie, it features very little dialogue, it's futuristic and it's funny. A perfect fit for Discoveryland.

However, personally I'd like to see them bring Captain EO back. Michael Jackson had a lot of French fans, and I'm sure he still does. Whenever you saw Captain EO at Disneyland Paris, the audience would be screaming and clapping. They were really into it and really appreciated it.

So I think it would be great to bring Captain EO back, perhaps as a Special Edition. Some of the stop motion animation could be replaced with CGI, and the whole film could be cleaned up and projected digitally.

The pre-show area could feature props from the movie, and show the Making Of Captain EO documentary that they used to show at Disneyland in California.

It would certainly be more magical and more entertaining than Honey I Shrunk The Audience. And it would be great for Captain EO to have at least one permanent home again.

Soap

Quote from: "Alan"I like the idea of a new animated WALL-E short film replacing Honey I Shrunk The Audience. WALL-E is a Pixar movie, it features very little dialogue, it's futuristic and it's funny. A perfect fit for Discoveryland.

However, personally I'd like to see them bring Captain EO back. Michael Jackson had a lot of French fans, and I'm sure he still does. Whenever you saw Captain EO at Disneyland Paris, the audience would be screaming and clapping. They were really into it and really appreciated it.

So I think it would be great to bring Captain EO back, perhaps as a Special Edition. Some of the stop motion animation could be replaced with CGI, and the whole film could be cleaned up and projected digitally.

The pre-show area could feature props from the movie, and show the Making Of Captain EO documentary that they used to show at Disneyland in California.

It would certainly be more magical and more entertaining than Honey I Shrunk The Audience. And it would be great for Captain EO to have at least one permanent home again.

Amen! Can't think of a better thing fitting imho  8)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

mattboywonder

I didn't even see this my last two trips its so passed its sell by date.  I think its should be replaced with "Mickey's Philharmagic" - much more entertaining.

I agree about the Kodak pre-show - sooooooooooo cheesy.  They have exactly the same pre-show in California where Kodak also sponser the attraction, but at the end the frog is in a glass bowl in the home where the family are watching the photos and it pops out the glass bowl and smiles at the camera.  I guess the cut that from the DLP version because of what the French do with frogs...............
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

smurfy74

This attraction is no longer'an attraction' - ive been to see UP and Christmas Carol and Toy Story in 3D, and I must say that im more impressed with the effects in those than the rubbish in HISTA. The air for the mice hasnt worked the last few times weve visited. Surely it cant be that expensive to replace seeing the amount of films from Disney that are coming out in 3D!!

Kristof

Quote from: "mattboywonder"it pops out the glass bowl and smiles at the camera.  I guess the cut that from the DLP version because of what the French do with frogs...............

I'm pretty sure that's in our pre-show too.

smurfy74

it does pop out in ours too, at the end of all the cheesy wedding scenes!

captain rocket

It looks like we are all agreed that this attraction has lost its shine! The most annoying thing I  find is that the French soundtrack drowns out the English version on the headphones!!