"EuroDisney" ... does it drive you insane?!

Started by TR_Wolf, August 21, 2009, 09:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

I'm 32 years old and I still very often call it Eurodisney. Don't know why. I know it's not called that anymore. But when they first announced and while I was impatiently waiting for 1992 to arrive and the park to open it was called Eurodisney, so in a way it will always be Eurodisney to me...

Owain

Funny enough, when my mum was talking about the trip she called it euro disney and to what i replied "ITS NOT EURO DISNEY, it hasnt been for more than 12 years !". So she asked whats it called then  :roll:  uhhh Disneyland Pairs.

What is also hard to explain is saying that Disneyland park in paris is the largest disney park based on the original. Too what people reply, no WDW is, it has 4 parks  :roll:

Timbo

It does bug me ! Mainly because the name changed so long ago,but it is much easier to say so can understand why people still use it :roll:

MagicStar

Maybe anyone can remember how massive the advertising for EuroDisney was back in 1992/1993? All over Europe!!!!
And that´s what people remember!
Normal people don´t care about name changing. Snickers/Raider did a massive camaign the make the change public. Disney didn´t.
If you aren´t a fan, you don´t care about such "little" things like name changing.
You call it, like you remember it!
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Aveen2008

Quote from: "MagicStar"Maybe anyone can remember how massive the advertising for EuroDisney was back in 1992/1993? All over Europe!!!!
And that´s what people remember!
Normal people don´t care about name changing. Snickers/Raider did a massive camaign the make the change public. Disney didn´t.
If you aren´t a fan, you don´t care about such "little" things like name changing.
You call it, like you remember it!

I think you have hit the nail right on the head! I was with a someone I know today, shes only in her 30's and has a few kids and she called it EuroDisney every time she refered to it (even though she has been twice in the past 3 years) but I have to say it didn't bother me at all because I accept that people who aren't really into it all don't really know about the name change or care about the small things.

:D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Javey74"To me this seems more common in the case of generations remembering Disneyland as they do in their own minds when they first started to visit..  :roll:

To think we've already had all the following>>

It always causes big discussions in areas like these, just look at this discussion when they decided to take the Resort (R) out of Disneyland Resort Paris (DPRP)..  :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6841

To me I still call it Disneyland Resort Paris, since that's what has always stuck with me since I started visiting, and I won't change..  :P

Just lookng at the timeline. Isn't it about time they changed the name of WDS. I mean its had the same name since they opened the park. How consistant, how boring  :P

Depending on who Im talking to, depends on what I called DLP. There are some people I know will ask which Disneyland I'm talking about, so to save time and energy I would called it Eurodisney at the start of the conversation.

luke85

I call it Disneyland Paris, but I actually like being in the park and seeing old remains of when it was called EuroDisney, like the EuroDisneyland Railroad logo, and on some of the lamposts before you enter the park :)