Questions - DLP Brochure Summer/Winter 2009

Started by Owain, August 20, 2009, 06:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

I was reading through the Sumer/Winter Brochure 2009, and i have some questions  :idea:

1. A new Event ?

QuoteBritish Festival: From 2nd - 4th October 2009, join us for a unique 3 day festival that celebrates the best of british. Sample Traditional cuisine, party with the beatles tribute band and marvel at the iconic british mini at Disney Village.

2. Hotel Cheyenne - Rio Grande and Buffalo Rooms, next to the buffalo rooms is a number leading to, Available as of 9th November 2009.

Is there any reason for the available after the 9th november ?

3. Hotel Santa Fe - Rio Grande and Eldorado Rooms, again next to the eldorado rooms is a number leading to, Available as of 9th November 2009.

smurfy74

As far as I can tell , they havent categorised the rooms like this before, having stayed in the Cheyenne and the Santa Fe before.

Cheyenne

Rio Grande Rooms are near the path to the Disney parks
Buffalo rooms are nearer to the main hotel facilities

Santa Fe

Rio Grande rooms are near the path as in the Cheyenne, which means they should be quiter
Eldorado rooms are nearer to the main hotel facilities.

littlemermaid83

Basically its a sneeky way to get extra money by making guests pay for preferred rooms.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

smurfy74

there doesnt seem to be any difference in prices for these rooms, i know i would prefer a rio grande room as it would be quieter.

Clarebelle

its not new, its been on the website for a little while now, for a suppliment of about £12
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

smurfy74

ah i stand corrected. im guessing the quieter rooms carry the supplement  :?:

littlemermaid83

I think its stupid.  Why start charging now?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

MinnieMouse

We book one of the "new" Rio Grande  Room at the Santa Fe for our next trip in November, it was only 10 Euro more then for the regular Room. So why not  :D/

kiki_304

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I think its stupid.  Why start charging now?

Quote from: "MinnieMouse"We book one of the "new" Rio Grande  Room at the Santa Fe for our next trip in November, it was only 10 Euro more then for the regular Room. So why not  :D/

My guess is because they know ppl will pay it.  If ppl didn't pay for the option then they wouldn't offer it and just fill the rooms as normal.

Clarebelle

Quote from: "smurfy74"ah i stand corrected. im guessing the quieter rooms carry the supplement  :?:

No, like someone has already said, the Rio Grande rooms are near the river (close to the route to the parks) and the other type of room is close to the amenities - restaraunt, bus stop etc
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

mommy2ash

i stay at the santa fe on all my trips and i think that it is ridiculous that they are charging for this at a basic hotel. i usually request where i would like to stay as we always stay in the same block but i wont be paying any more for it. those rooms will be filled anyway if nobody pays for them they arent an upgrade of any sort
Santa Fe Oct 08
Santa Fe Feb 09
Santa Fe/Sequioa Lodge Nov 09