"EuroDisney" ... does it drive you insane?!

Started by TR_Wolf, August 21, 2009, 09:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR_Wolf

Does it drive you mad when people refer to Disneyland Paris as EuroDisney?

It drives me crazy! It was called that for about a year, and hasnt been since 1993, so why do people keep calling it EuroDisney, even on professional things like TV shows and newspapers?

I was just watching TV airport documentary "Airline", the most recent one, ie its first showing tonight, and it still referred to Disneyland Paris as "EuroDisney" in the narration!!

Gaaaaaaaaaaah!!  [-X

Adam (TR Wolf) on the left, and Phil on the right \":)\"

CafeFantasia

Yes, it drives me mad too. According to Wikipedia though, the name was changed to Disneyland Paris in 1995, not 1993.

So it's been called Disneyland Paris for 14 years now! That's a lot of time to get used to the name change. But people (stupid people) still call it Euro Disney. I want to just say to them, come on, get with the times. Adapt, change, move forward :-)

Willow

I like the Euro Disney name, this is why I use it sometimes.

I mainly use Disneyland Paris or Disneyland Resort Paris but will still sometimes say Euro Disney.

Snow_White_Girl

Quote from: "TR_Wolf"I was just watching TV airport documentary "Airline", the most recent one, ie its first showing tonight, and it still referred to Disneyland Paris as "EuroDisney" in the narration!!
Oh yeah, I was watching that!! I may have actually shouted "It's not b****y 'EuroDisney'!!!" at the screen lol!!!  :lol:  :shock:

\":lamp:\"

Javey74

To me this seems more common in the case of generations remembering Disneyland as they do in their own minds when they first started to visit..  :roll:

To think we've already had all the following>>

It always causes big discussions in areas like these, just look at this discussion when they decided to take the Resort (R) out of Disneyland Resort Paris (DPRP)..  :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6841

To me I still call it Disneyland Resort Paris, since that's what has always stuck with me since I started visiting, and I won't change..  :P

Waddi

Its just the same as when people call the snickers chocolate bar a Marathon etc. as long as all parties within the conversation know what is being referred to it doesnt really bother me.

I call it Disney Paris, something it has never been official known as.

Javey74

Come to think of it, I've often wondered why Disneyland Paris still gets abbreviated as DLP, in order to be that it really should be this 'Disney Land Paris', but as we all know Disney and land are all joined, so it should be DP.  Only DP is often referred to as the Disneyland Park. Mmmmm :-k

As with Disneyland Resort Paris, that should be DRP, not DLRP..  :?

So many inconsistancies anyway..  :mrgreen:

Aveen2008

It doesn't drive me insane but I do find as someone else said it is kind of a generation thing and some people don't even realise it's not called that.  I think others find it easier to refer to it as eurodisney than saying disneyland paris as perhaps they feel Disneyland is the park in California...others are probably lazy.

It is a bit annoying but I guess unless your a fan of the park or have been, then you may not realise that its not refered to as EuroDisney anymore.
Luv Aveen xoxo

davewasbaloo

It depends. I call it Euro Disney (my preferred name) when referring to business aspects, as it is still owened by Euro Disney SCA. I used Disneyland Paris when referring to the place.

But nothing winds me up more than when people refer to the Florida property as the original, or as DL.
since 2001 (many before that)

-breeno-

I do sometimes call it Euro Disney, mainly because of the whole "Can you be too old for Disney" thing (if you can remember that topic).  I don't know why but Euro Disney doesn't sound as "childish" as Disneyland Paris.  Yeah i know i sound stupid here..

Agreed with davewasbaloo as well, it's annoying when people saying WDW was the original, but what annoys me the most is when people say DLP "copied the other American Parks".  Clue is in the name, Disneyland Paris.  Of course there's going to be a castle in the middle and a rollercoaster based in space.  What do you expect, a French Alton Towers? :?
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

dagobert

I don't have any problems when people call it Euro Disney, especially here in Austria, because there is no advertising and from where should people know how it is called now.

I call it just Disneyland or DLRP.

TheDavidMolyneux

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"It depends. I call it Euro Disney (my preferred name) when referring to business aspects, as it is still owened by Euro Disney SCA. I used Disneyland Paris when referring to the place.

But nothing winds me up more than when people refer to the Florida property as the original, or as DL.

Yeah, that is all I hear when I talk about Walt Disney World, all I here is Disneyland in Florida and it annoys me for some reason.
The worst I have heard is Disney World in Paris, that really did annoy me, lol.
I'm not really bothered about saying EuroDisney but that might be because I am 15 so I am use to it being called Disneyland Paris/ Disneyland Resort Paris and no-one I know really know knows that it was called EuroDisney.
Walt Disney World - 2008.
Disneyland Paris - 2008.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

Epcot_Boy

Well I've used the name 'Disneyland Resort Paris' for a long time now and I suspect that I will continue to do so for some time to come :)
All my reservation confirmations also use that name. Funnily, I do get very upset when people call it Euro Disney...........strange hey :roll:

David

howtodeal

I totally understand what you mean  :shock:, i always try to stop myself
from correcting people whenever they say Euro Disney  :P

QuoteI don't know why but Euro Disney doesn't sound as "childish" as Disneyland Paris.

That's why i like the word Resort at the end, i keep reminding my friends that they
call it a resort -not just a park- for a reason  :D

Cendrillon

I'm not really bothered, because the only people I know who still call it that are my granparents, so I do think it's a generation thing!
Besides, it's not nearly as annoying as when people think the only two Disney Resorts in existence are in Florida and Paris...