DLR | The Muppets to invade Disneyland in 2010!

Started by The Butlin Boy, August 12, 2009, 12:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

After a long few years of 'a million dreams' and 'celebrating you', next year Disneyland's advertising is going to be taking an interesting turn, with the Muppets invading Disneyland! :mrgreen:

The news has broken this week, with the Muppets starting filming of new promotional footage in the parks today. Information first surfaced a few days ago on MiceAge, with AL Lutz reporting:

Quote from: "Al Lutz"The Muppets will invade Disneyland! On Tuesday several days of filming will begin all over the park with many of your favorites for commercials and publicity for the 2010 marketing blitz. It's shaping up to be a rather clever campaign, and should ease up a bit on the last few years of schmaltz. - Al Lutz

And after a quick search on Twitter, I have been able to find out that Gonzo, Camilla the Chicken (plus other chickens), Sweetums, Miss Piggy, Sam the Eagle and Penguins were all seen in the park, and I dare say that we can expect more to appear as well (Kermit, Fozzie, Statler & Waldorf, etc). Two photos from filming have also surfaced:

Gonzo, Camilla the Chicken and the other chickens on Dumbo

Sweetums on Main Street

As a huge Muppets fan, I am really excited about finding out what this promotion has in store for us, whether it's just going to be an advert campaign on TV and the internet, or whether it'll be a theme year like Mickey's Magical Party, I love that they're going to be using the Muppets more, and I can't wait to see where it will take us (please bring the Muppets to Paris!!!) :mrgreen:

Anthony

Well, I didn't see that coming!

Do you think this could lead to say the characters being temporarily inserted into certain rides, or is it just an advertising campaign and nothing more?

Willow

Please let this be 2010's theme for the American parks.
Its going to be my first visit to Disney World in 2010 and the muppets would be a great theme, much better than the last few themes.

Something tells me that it could just be a general marketing campaign though,

Adam

Have The Muppets got any movies coming out next year? Or is the year significant in any way?

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Adam"Have The Muppets got any movies coming out next year? Or is the year significant in any way?

There are rumours of a new Muppet movie being released in cinemas. Apparently it's currently being scripted by Jason Segel, and was set for release next year (it's meant to take the Muppets back to their original movie roots, with the characters playing themselves, rather than the more recent films with the Muppets playing other characters :) ). But supposedly the script is still in development, so I wouldn't expect it until at least 2011 :)

Moving Right Along (anyone who sees what I did there gets my love for life :P ), more photos has surfaced tonight:

I'm sooo excited about this! :mrgreen:

The Butlin Boy

More, more, more! :mrgreen:

Video of the Electric Mayhem filming:
[youtube:1debrq7h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSHAol4eJgE&e[/youtube:1debrq7h]

Photo report:
http://disneylandnewstoday.com/archives/4961#more-4961

Quote from: "Anthony"...Do you think this could lead to say the characters being temporarily inserted into certain rides...

Ant, it appears that you're getting more prophetic than Madame Leota these days! And it's funny I should mention her, because this rumour has appeared on MiceChat:

Quote from: "dlandjimmy"Word is that they're doing a Muppets overlay on Haunted Mansion with Miss Piggy being the bride. Sounds awesome!

-The muppet band will be the heads singing in the graveyard.
-Fozzy Bear will be the man with the lantern.
-Sam the Eagle, Beaker and Dr. Bunsen will be the hitch-hiking ghosts
-Rowlf will be the shadow playing the piano in the attic
-Mr. Waldorf and Statler will be the ghosts shooting at each other in the paintings in the ballroom.

You get the picture.

http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-r ... ing-2.html

This could be fun! :mrgreen:

Agent Lex

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "dlandjimmy"-The muppet band will be the heads singing in the graveyard.

http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-r ... ing-2.html
Wait, why wouldn't the muppet band be the... uhm... BAND!?

littlemermaid83

I love the muppets!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Snow_White_Girl

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Moving Right Along (anyone who sees what I did there gets my love for life :P )
Footloose and fancy free.... ;)  :-"

Anyway, massively excited about this if I do indeed go to California next year, I love the Muppets!! :D

\":lamp:\"

emweaver

NO!

I hate the muppets, didnt realise they were Disney! There is nothing about them that has the "disney feel"

Snow_White_Girl

They're not "Disney" as such, but they were bought by the Walt Disney Company around 5 years ago, with the exception of any Muppets from Sesame Street (which belong to Sesame Workshop) or Fraggle Rock, which still belongs to the Jim Henson Company :)

\":lamp:\"

emweaver

why would disney buy something like the muppets  :?

i hope they dont come to dlp would really ruin it

Owain

Quote from: "emweaver"why would disney buy something like the muppets  :?

Because the muppets are quite popular and well known ?

Anthony

Quote from: "emweaver"why would disney buy something like the muppets  :?

Is there some puppet-related incident we should know about? :wink:

emweaver

lol no they just dont feel very "disney" and dont fit in with the "magic"