Disney New Generation Festival (Until 13th March 2011)

Started by mclarkson, August 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masamune

:P That YouTube vid was great!

tubbsy

Loved the video. Really made me giggle-green army men on Buzz :lol: Hubby says we're a bunch of spotters for seeing the MMP decs on the castle tho! :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Martyn

Yeah I too thought them ribbons looked good! :(

_Natalie_x

Can't find the thread about the advertisments so hope its ok if I post here :D
On the television ads when Tiana flies in and some of the princesses are stood clapping, has anyone noticed that Sleeping Beauty is in a blue dress?
Does anyone know why this is when in the park she is generally represented with a pink dress?
:)
(can be seen on this video) //http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqjJMOvRw3w

Natalie x
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

JelleP

Saw it too, but don't know why that is. Maybe just a fault from the people who eddited the video ;)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Aurora

I remember seeing Sleeping Beauty in the blue dress doing meet and greets, the liitle show behind the castle and at the princessess lunch in te Auberge. The only time I saw her dressed in pink is the OUADP.
Aurora

Mrs Potatohead

She should be blue all the time, Like the film!!! Once upon a time they did all the sb costumes in blue, I had one!! Oviously the change is so the non disney people can tell the difference between her and cinderella but its Nice to see a subtle but welcomed change for the character! Is this a new thing for the new gen fest or has she been in blue for a while? I've not properly met her in the parks but hope to see her in 2 weeks time for my next visit!!

simonandwendy626

Quote from: "JelleP"Saw it too, but don't know why that is. Maybe just a fault from the people who eddited the video ;)

Loving the video footage, especially the scene with Sulley in the cottage. But did anyone else notice that Genie was the wrong colour as well?

Wendy

Festival Disney

A new advert has apeared on tv concerning the next "3 irresistable months".

[youtube:3uuwi602]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtumcDO5vxc[/youtube:3uuwi602]
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Anthony

So, the New Generation Festival ends tomorrow!

Looking back, do you think the year was a success? Did the advertising work? Did the entertainment, decorations, etc, add to the parks? What was your favourite thing that the year brought to Disneyland Paris?

Time for some closing thoughts...

ed-uk

I thought it was a marked improvement on the year before. Disney's Show Time Spectacular on central plaza stage was a good show, better than Mickey's Magical Party. But i think most of us felt the loss of the Tarzan show and the Lion King. With the return of Tarzan this year, I hope we're getting back on track, and they can make full use of their theatres so we can watch a show in comfort  whatever the weather.
Ed & David

ford prefect

The festival was a nice way of linking the old to the new and improving on the disappointment that was mickey's magical party.

I preferred the central show and the decorations, however I miss the shows in the other theatres.

As a limited budget stop gap it was effective but not memorable
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Martyn

We thought it was a large improvement on the Magical Party, and we really enjoyed the hub show (for the first time).

davewasbaloo

I thought they could have made much better choice with their budget, but I will say it was the best central plaza show they have showcased. Glad to see it go though. Shame the Toon Train isn't saying goodbye.

FWIW, I thought the Mickey costume changes and the Frog turning into Prince Nazeem were very cool.
since 2001 (many before that)