Disney New Generation Festival (Until 13th March 2011)

Started by mclarkson, August 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Walts heir"i hope they dont redecorate a castle
just imagine having a pixar themed castle i swear if that happens walt will come back to life and murder anyone who planned that
i really hate it when they do that
i mean a lot of us actually forgot how the castle actually looks like :twisted:
i hope they have a new parade i have to say im getting bored with the OUADP
Also i hope they do something really great for the 20 th anniversary
anyway i think anything is better than the MMP unless maybe opening a hannah montana ride or show :shock:
that would be a disaster

unfortunately I dont think the OUADP will be going anywhere at least until the 20th anniversary or maybe even the 25th! It was so expensive to create the OUADP so I would say they will want to get their money's worth from it. Plus if they are skimping money on keeping rides open then they definately won't be changing it anytime soon. They are just going to add that new princess onto the romance float, from the Princess and the frog, so no big change really.

i am slightly fed up of it too but thats because I am a regular traveller to DLP now but I do appreciate its  agreat parade and for those who are seeing it for the first time it is amazing! I love the Simba on it, I just want to take it home hehe!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Adam

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Adam"However, the name is horrible. I'm sure they could think of something better!

New World of Disney Festival, New Stars of Disney Festival...something better than Generation!
I was thinking along the lines of the new decade, just to tie it to something real... "Come celebrate the New Disney Decade at Disneyland Paris!", but it looks like New Generation Festival is pretty much final. Mickey's Magical Party sounds less tacky and forced now than it did this time last year, so maybe it'll grow.

Quote from: "RnRCj"I'm hoping they'll cut back a little on the hub show... four times a day is a bit much.
Think the one-show-a-day finale is looking quite certain. In a way that'd please me too, but then it leaves this huge stage just sitting there the whole day... Hmm.

Decade would be better - I also thought "New Age of Disney." I think it is great that they are reflecting on the Disney of today and the new stars of Disney, but a better name would be great.

For the stage, couldn't they use it as a meet 'n' greet location to have a photo with a character in front of the castle during the day if you did one show a day? It would also boost the advertising of the show, as they can put some signs out etc.

Tinkerbelle

just the thought of a Toy Story-based land gives me the creeps... I hate toy story, I hate going on Buzz, I hate those characters in the parades...
are they really going to dedicate a whole year to Toy Story?!
I'm so outdated with the rumours stuff, I'll have to login to the forum more often

I'm not giving the festival a thumbs down, it would sell, but I personally hate the idea

I like the idea of adding Tiana and Naveen to the parade. I've seen lots of kids hoping to see Giselle at the parks and she nowhere to be seen. I hope they don't turn their backs on Tiana.

theverynk

Quote from: "RnRCj"- Parachutes?? (it's too early to make a firm judgement, but I don't see how this ties into anything)

One of the new rides is going to be a Green Army Man themed "parachute jump" ride, much like the Jumpin' Jellyfish as seen in California Adventure and Mermaid Lagoon in Tokyo :)
The parachutes idea come from the first TS movie, when the Green Army Men use them.
Dan \":peter:\"

Visit our fantastic Disney Character website!
http://www.charactercentral.net

-breeno-

Quote from: "Tinkerbelle"just the thought of a Toy Story-based land gives me the creeps... I hate toy story, I hate going on Buzz, I hate those characters in the parades...
are they really going to dedicate a whole year to Toy Story?!
I'm so outdated with the rumours stuff, I'll have to login to the forum more often

I'm not giving the festival a thumbs down, it would sell, but I personally hate the idea

I like the idea of adding Tiana and Naveen to the parade. I've seen lots of kids hoping to see Giselle at the parks and she nowhere to be seen. I hope they don't turn their backs on Tiana.

It's not going to be all about Toy Story, it's about new Disney characters ;)  Toy Story will be the centre peiece of the festival yes, but it won't be always there (look at MMP, micky was obviously the centre peiece, yet we had Minnie [strike:36nh6wlq]ruining[/strike:36nh6wlq] running the character express and Stitch turning Discoveryland into a musical Star Trek spoof.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

DLP-Photos.com

Well, I haven't seen MMP for real yet, so I want judge this yet, but the new theme seems better, when it is described here.

Quote from: "mclarkson"Highlights:
- New float in parade with Princess Tiana
As many has said this cannot be bad even though they are just added to an excisting float - new characters are always welcome!
- "enhanced" mosters inc meet and great in the studios
Hmm, how can they really enhance it, but I find it hard to see this become bad, so I'll be positive and think they will be able to enhance it
- New Car, Ratatouille in studios parade
Not the biggest thing to be considered as a highlight, but it seems like a good idea. A very popular film in France and a great teaser to what is to come.
- The character train will stay with pixar/new characters
Wouldn't have mind seeing it leaving the park, but if they could redo it in a good way it certainly will be great for many guests
- Hub show rework
Haven't seen the new hub show, so couldn't comment on the reworking. However, I hope not to see to many Pixar characters taking over the castle stage.
- Balloons are out and randomly parachutes are in! - gotta love DLP marketing!
Hmm, seems strange even though The Green Army Parachute Jump is coming. I'll have to wait and see this in order to comment on it.

Basically I am positive towards this new year and PLEASE keep the castle and Main Street U.S.A clean!  [-o< (if this is done, I would accept almost any additions to this year)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

never2old

Sounds like quite a mild theme, really. No Castle decorations is wonderful news, I can't wait to see the Castle as it was meant to be. I quite like the character train, and if they keep the All Aboard song (and take away Minnie's voice, PLEASE  [-o< ) and have some other characters, I'm happy with that. Same with Its Party Time, I really enjoyed it and wouldn't mind seeing it more (and if they do it once a day, at the end of the day that'll be fine).

What I'm really curious to see are the parachutes...

dagobert

Compared to this title MMP sounds really good. I really hope for a good cross promotion of TSPL and the new Toy Story movie. Maybe it will pull more people in.

experiment627

The most interesting aspect for me about next year's "theme" is that they appear to actually build that around their new attractions...
As much fun as the 15th was, the (mostly amazing) new rides didn't fit the theme. They were additional elements to the 15th Anniversary, but - marketing-wise - not the main focus.
Now, Toy Story Playland seems to fit in with "the new generation" of Disney characters quite nicely.

The thing I get really tired about though is the Character Express... Can't that thing just crash and burn? (Preferrably, into the Central Plaza stage...)

howtodeal

I hope Stitch is not considered part of the new generation  :mrgreen:
I would like to see more Disney and less Pixar characters to be honest ,and i have
to say that I'm kind of upset at how Disney parks are not including Enchanted in their shows
and parades (Enchanted fireworks doesn't count :P ).

QTXAdsy

Not sure about this idea of next year's theme but I suppose It'll be ALOT better than than MMP.

Glad they're not decorating the castle though. :D/

Here Come The Belgians!

Annet

I read that this week the Muppets were in Disneyland, filming for their next promotional campagne for 2010. Don't know what it's for, but since this topic's about the 2010 theme I thought it maybe fit here.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/ ... -2010.html

Anthony

It's not related to what Paris are doing next year.

You can find a topic and more info here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7602 :)

Annet

A thanks, I figured it didn't have anything to do with the Pixar-stuff.
But I couldn't find anything related.
I love the Muppets 8)

I do like the name by the way, New Generation Festival.
It sounds more mature than MMP.

Snow_White_Girl

Hmm, this doesn't sound like something to appeal to me at all. I'm not a huge fan of Pixar as it's not what I grew up with and it doesn't give me the same sense of nostalgia as the "true classics" (i.e. the 2D animated stuff) do. I love Finding Nemo but that's the only Pixar film I own, and I'm not crazy about owning any of the others either. As for the highlights:

Quote- New float in parade with Princess Tiana
Possibly the one thing I'm happy about - a new character can never be a bad thing!
- "enhanced" mosters inc meet and great in the studios
Short of putting Randall or Boo in there, I don't see how it could really be enhanced, but I'll wait and see before I pass judgment
- New Car, Ratatouille in studios parade
Never seen either and not particularly fussed about them
- The character train will stay with pixar/new characters
Character train staying=good, Pixar characters on it=bad! I don't mind the odd one on there but let's have a bit of variety!!
- Hub show rework
Have to say I'm waiting for a show about Buzz Lightyear enlisting everyone's help to save the galaxy, I can't see a concept for a Pixar show other than that! Either way it doesn't interest me.
- Balloons are out and randomly parachutes are in! - gotta love DLP marketing!
 :shock: They don't seem to tie in anywhere, but I'll wait and see!

I have to say, when I first heard the Toy Story Playland rumour, I groaned inwardly. I know Pixar is what the new generation of fans (see what I did there?!  :roll: ) is growing up with but in my honest opinion it'll never match the classics. This has just made me think that I need to get to DLP this year before they "Pixarise" the whole place completely!!  :?

\":lamp:\"