Disney New Generation Festival (Until 13th March 2011)

Started by mclarkson, August 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mclarkson

The next 'festival' after Mickeys Magical party will be - Disney's new generation festival!

Basically it will centre around new characters mainly Pixar with Toy Story land being the centre piece of the 'festival'

Highlights:
- New float in parade with Princess Tiana
- "enhanced" mosters inc meet and great in the studios
- New Car, Ratatouille in studios parade
- The character train will stay with pixar/new characters
- Hub show rework
- Balloons are out and randomly parachutes are in! - gotta love DLP marketing!

-breeno-

Sorry, are you posting this as news or your idea?
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Kristof

If you're quoting from another site/forum, please post a source to give credit to the original poster.

BTW. There won't be a new float for Tiana.  She and Naveen will be placed on Dreams of Romance 2.

mclarkson

I am just passing on what I know, things as ever may change.

This was as plans stood  a few months ago, from the what I have seen from my contact.

davewasbaloo

I hope things will change, if not I really hope I can swap my timeshare to another country next year!
since 2001 (many before that)

smurfy74

common dave lets look at each point and its not all bad ( in my opinion ) I think they could be wise/ prudent management decisions if all are true

New float in parade with Princess Tiana - so shes is going on an exisiting float and means Paris will actually get a new character from a traditional disney 2d film - the first since 2004
- "enhanced" mosters inc meet and great in the studios - perfect placing in my opinion and overdue especially with the blu ray re realease
- New Car, Ratatouille in studios parade - is this a hint at whats to come???
- The character train will stay with pixar/new characters - a refresh is welcome
- Hub show rework - hopefully will have more a wow factor like candleabration
- Balloons are out and randomly parachutes are in! - gotta love DLP marketing! - not too sure on this but i will give it the benefit of the doubt

overall im ok with these rumours, nothing too lavish, gentle reworks and a new land, seems sensible to reign in capex with the 20th anniversary just around the corner.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "smurfy74"...its not all bad ( in my opinion ) I think they could be wise/ prudent management decisions if all are true

New float in parade with Princess Tiana - so shes is going on an exisiting float and means Paris will actually get a new character from a traditional disney 2d film - the first since 2004
- "enhanced" mosters inc meet and great in the studios - perfect placing in my opinion and overdue especially with the blu ray re realease
- New Car, Ratatouille in studios parade - is this a hint at whats to come???
- The character train will stay with pixar/new characters - a refresh is welcome
- Hub show rework - hopefully will have more a wow factor like candleabration
- Balloons are out and randomly parachutes are in! - gotta love DLP marketing! - not too sure on this but i will give it the benefit of the doubt

overall im ok with these rumours, nothing too lavish, gentle reworks and a new land, seems sensible to reign in capex with the 20th anniversary just around the corner.

I've got to agree with you here Smurfy. I think that these are great ideas; adding Princess Tiana and Naveen to DOUADP is a sensible and clever move, enhancing the Monsters Inc meet 'n' greet is also great (although I'm not sure just how they can enhance it though), a new Ratatouille car for Stars and Cars could also be a great new addition (and quite rightly a sign of things to come :wink: ), re-working the Character Express is fantastic (it can't look much worse than as it does at the minute!), reworking the hub show could also improve it greatly, and even the idea of parachutes in the advertising could work too. So there isn't anything really to moan about here, it certainly sounds like a great step up from MMP anyway :wink:

By the way, is that the actual official title for it? Disney's New Generation Festival doesn't quite have the same ring to it as Mickey's Magical Party or the 15th Anniversary Celebrations :roll:

Kristof

And no Castle decorations (unless they reconsider).

Willow

For the last few months I've been wanting a totally Toy Story year.

I shall make further judgements on these 'things' once further details emerge.

Luigi

Quote from: "Kristof"And no Castle decorations (unless they reconsider).

i hope they stick with this plan. Decorations should be only considered for important celebrations like 20 years birthday or something and i would like to see the castle without any decorations for a change.

davewasbaloo

Same rubbish, different characters. Nothing to see here, move along  :roll:

ford prefect

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I hope things will change, if not I really hope I can swap my timeshare to another country next year!

The concept has only just been announced and the bashing has started.

I may have said this before, but I remember a fable about a little boy seeing his Grandmother making a cake mixture and pronouncing it disgusting and refusing to eat the finished (delicious) cake much to the delight of his siblings who had extras!

The motto:  children shouldn't see unfinished work.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

davewasbaloo

I have spent enough time and money over recent years to see this will likely be more of the same. I've lost faith in Disney and desperately come on line hoping to see a turn of events.

In the real world, it is my job to help set 10-20 year visions and turn them in to reality. Disney's vision is to push toons.

Question, how many people said "let's wait and see how MMP turns out?"

How many, including several Disney can do no wrong people on here were disappointed?

I'm sorry, I call them as I see them.

Pete's Dragon

To tell you the truth, I don't really care what concept they come up with.
The way I see it Disneyland, the rides, the characters etc. are the important aspects of the magic. Stuff like '15th Birthday' or 'Mickey's Magical Party' or whatever, are mearly wrapping paper for the true magic inside.
True, some people find it hard to see beyond the dressing, maybe I've just developed Selective Vision, but the could cover Main Street in giant pink and orange ribbons, and I wouldnt really notice.

QuoteBalloons are out and randomly parachutes are in! - gotta love DLP marketing!

Does this mean we could expect to see characters parachuting into the park, ready to sign autographs. Now that would be cool !!!! (the answer is.......non)

QuoteAnd no Castle decorations (unless they reconsider).

Imagine if they did a Pixar collage all over the castle. Buzz Lightyear wings, a Remy tail, some blue Sully fur on the turrets, a Rust-Eze banner at the entrance........ ARGH  :shock: !!!!!

smurfy74

QuoteSame rubbish, different characters. Nothing to see here, move along

and then to quote me
Quoteoverall im ok with these rumours, nothing too lavish, gentle reworks and a new land, seems sensible to reign in capex with the 20th anniversary just around the corner

I get the feeling there isnt supposed to be anything completely different in the 2010 - 2011 season it would make sense to save this for the 2012 - 2013 season. At the moment the management have to reign in capex whilst they continue to restore and maintain the park as they now realise what a huge cost/effort it was for the 15th and they have learnt from this. More of the 'original' features of the park are returning ie the main street vehicles are out more and more and the live bands are returning, and attractions like the keelboats have been brought back into use, granted not as many as in the halcyon days you often refer to ( these were the days when the park also lost more money than others too ).

Nothing here offends my sensitivities in fact im looking forward to TSPL :-"

And to have a 10 - 20 year business plan is fine and sensible but the working plan has to be constantly ammended, otherwise you arent taking into account changes in market conditions etc. Even the industry I work in didnt see / predict exactly where it would be now 10 years ago. Im guessing this economic downturn wasnt in the plan, but a measured management response to this is welcome.