Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned

Started by Clarebelle, August 04, 2009, 10:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned due for release 2010

An upcoming action role-playing video game currently in development by Propaganda Games and published by Disney Interactive Studios for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Microsoft Windows. The game takes place in the open environment of the Caribbean where the player assumes the role of a new pirate who must travel around the world to make a reputation for himself.

Small details have been released about the plot. Though the game takes place in the universe of the film series Pirates of the Caribbean, it takes place before the events of the series and is not connected to it in any way, featuring an original plot

5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Pete's Dragon

Alex Peters, game director for Armada of the Damned says

"The story of Armada of the Damned takes place before the events of the Pirates of the Caribbean films, so we have a great opportunity to expand on the rich and diverse history and mythology that already exists in the universe. The character at the start of the game is a young pirate setting out on his maiden voyage with the goal of becoming the most respected -- or feared -- pirate captain in the Caribbean.

The current plan is that the character initially has a predetermined look, but throughout the game the choices the player makes during gameplay will change the character's appearance. Some of these changes will be story-related and quite drastic and some will be much less serious, allowing the player to create a more unique character.

We want to entice players to explore hidden coves, mysterious inlets and intriguing islands. The people of the Caribbean have their own stories and while their lives are certainly affected by the events that transpire in the main story, they often have more immediate or personal concerns. Since the player is cast in the role of a pirate, they may choose to involve themselves in situations that pique their interest or serve their own purposes.

-breeno-

Really looking forward to this.  If it's anything like the POTC RPG that was made on the old Xbox a while back then it's a winner in my eyes, i loved that game :mrgreen:

First things first though, i need to start getting good a RDGs :P  So have my history hasn't been well;

POTC - the only success story
Oblivion - kept dying at the first gate, traded it in last saturday
Star Wars KOTR - keep dying on at a stage, not played in a good while.
Mass Effect - could end successful, only played once so far.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Luigi

wow, great news. I like RPGs a lot and with the combination of POTC, it's really something i'm looking forward too.

Gareth

its sounds a lot like the same kind of thing they did with the lost game like same place but diff people and new story so it sounds good to me but if its like the lost game ill never complete it lol  :roll: hehe

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

-breeno-

Hopefully it's better than Lost though :P  I heard it wasn't very good.
- Walt Disney

Gareth

nah its not a great game even thou i have only made it to the second day lol damn my xbox for breaking :(

This game is gunna have to be on wii for me then if it comes out on it

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

The Butlin Boy

This has the potential of being a really great game, and I hope it won't let us down. I think I may have to put this on my Christmas list :P

-breeno-

Cancelled :(

Source: IGN.com

QuoteUnfortunate news broke today that Disney Interactive Studios is canceling Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned, the promising adventure based on the Pirates franchise. Armada of the Damned told the tale of the strong-willed Captain Sterling who would rise to fame or infamy -- depending on the player's choices. But gamers looking forward to exploring the Pirates universe won't be able to fulfill their swashbuckling ambitions any longer.

IGN received a statement from a Disney Interactive Studios representative, which reads: "Disney Interactive Studios confirms the cancellation of the Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned video game which was scheduled to be released in 2011. As a result of this decision, Disney Interactive Studios completed a restructuring of Propaganda Games, its Vancouver, BC internal studio, affecting one of the studio's two development teams. The studio is still in active production of TRON: Evolution, the video game, which will be released on December 7, 2010 with additional DLC (downloadable content) support following the game's release."

When we previewed Armada of the Damned earlier this year, the game looked great and had the potential to be a fun adventure. It's a shame that potential won't be realized at this point in time.

EDIT: Source link now added.
- Walt Disney

sebassah

Quote from: "-breeno-"Cancalled :(

such a shame...