23rd - 30th July

Started by seanmartina, July 31, 2009, 03:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanmartina

I will try and write a small trip report, and add photos over the next few days, when i am this i should also get a photo report, of 2006, 2007, 2008 and Christmas 2007 maybe when i get time...

Day one arrived at Hotel New york around 4.00 got checked in easily, the staff were very helpful, and told us all the information we needed to know, got to the rooms, wow!! very nice, loads of room, gift of a Mug full of sweets for the couple we went with 3 year old, great touch, robes and slipper provided, clean bathroom, got a view sort of onto the lake and more on to the hotel square, above Manhattan restaurant. got unpacked, and waited for our teenage daughter to fix her hair, you know teens, cant be seen without perfect hair.

Got to the park and introduced the family that joined us on this visit, the wonders of DLP, they have been to Florida, but really thought that Paris has a better atmosphere, and the entrance was grander, and seemed bigger and more detailed, and they loved it, they did more in the week, than they did in Florida in 3 weeks, we ate in some nice places over the week, and no complaints about the food at all(but that's for later)

We walked up main street, and took in the castle, and we strolled through the castle, and into fantasy land, gently strolled around soaking in the atmosphere, the smells, the sounds. First ride, its a small world, for the 3 year old. We all loved it , no matter how many times you see it, its still a great attraction. then we went to the spinning cups, and had a small wait, the parks seemed really empty, so it was great. We then went to Agrabah CafĂ©  for 6.00 we had reservations, we were really surprised at the quality and choices of food, all real tasty and all based on middle east food. Had a taste of most of what was on offer, and the desserts went down a treat, We then were just in time for the parade, still brilliant, and nobody could fault it.. we then walked around the park taking in each land, we then went on space mountain, 10 min wait, great!!! bit rocky and bumpy, but still a rush.. next buzz, got over the 100,000 mark for the first time( something to do with the cars stopping lol)  love this first rode it in 2006 when it first opened, and the ride is till good, but the Que line is showing a bit of wear, or grim, i know the handrails were pulled off with children swinging on them. Off we went Phantom manor, all the teenagers were acting scared, but once in they screamed and enjoyed it went with the flow. PS its really looking well.  we then took a place for fantillusion at the seating area to the right of the castle,

The Other Family were amazed, i think they were expecting similar to Florida, the princess show stop was the only one we seen, i think they do this because of the many young children in this area, but is nice to see the children's faces light up, we manged to see the other stops during the week, we then remained for the fireworks, they were nice to see in person, but not as good as last year, they have added a few screaming circles that whizz for a second or 2 then die, to the end, but not as affected as last years. We then went to the village, had a beer at the  sports bar, kids went to the arcade, relaxed for a while then went back to the Hotel, the turn down service was in and had left 4 gold coins on the pillow, nice touch. we had a sleep tomorrow morning time to visit the tower.

15yearsofMagic2008

Sounds like you had a good time ! Great job getting near the castle during Fantilusion ! x
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

Gareth

wow sounds like you had a great time and haha those points on buzz i never got past 10,000 lol cant wait to hear more and see some pics :D

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

The Butlin Boy

Great start to your trip reports seanmartina, I'm looking forward to reading the rest :)

Aveen2008

Great start to your report! I am staying in the hotel new york for the first time in September and I am glad you seem to think highly of it! :D/
Luv Aveen xoxo