What a Magical party - DLRP July 09 PTR

Started by peep, July 25, 2009, 04:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peep

^Thanks for all the great comments.

Yeah seeing the band again was amazing. We also saw them again (woops, forgot to put this in the TR) in the front lot at the Studios. It would be a very good idea if they put down the times somewhere, even if it's a board that sits near to where they play or something as so many people walked past and yet people who might want to watch them wouldn't even know they were playing.

Ok, well onto the last day :(  Thursday 23rd July

Woke up to not so great weather (just clouds, but they looked mean)...

We went down and had breakfast...

We then left the hotel (leaving the room cards at reception) and got on the pink bendy bus back to the parks. We left out luggage at the Disneyland concierge. We then went into the park quite early and saw how empty Main Street was...

Yay for Extra Magic Hours :D We headed into Fantasyland first as I really wanted to do Peter Pan's Flight...

We didn't have to queue for very long and I still love it, then again I'm just a fan of all things Peter Pan. We then went over to Discoveryland to ride Space Mountain, not once...

...Not twice, but a whole three times :D...

It was awesome, there was hardly anyone queueing for it, brilliant. It was running really well too, the half loop half corkscrew is still my favourite inversion on a ride. It had started to drizzle but we still went over to Frontierland (just opened to the public) and went straight into the queue for Big Thunder.

It was good fun and was running quite fast. We then decided to go over to the Studios to see if Rock 'n' Rollercoaster was open.

It was! :D So we queued and went on. The staff were running the ride really well and the queue went down very quickly. The ride itself was great, loads of smoke but not a lot of lights, though some looked really new.

We then opted for Flying carpets over Agrabah. It was quite an enjoyable ride but it was too short.

We then watched a performance of Animagique. I love this show, the music is great and it's good fun for all.

We then went to wait for another performance of High School Musical. When the sun was out it was absolutely boiling hot but there was also the occasional cloud, as demonstrated by these two pics of ToT taken within a ten minute period:

And then the HSM party started...

It was already mid-afternoon so we left the Studios in search of food and ended up at Annette's Diner in the Village. We absolutely love this place and make sure we go here every trip.

I had a very yummy hot dog and Patrick had some mega burger. The staff were awesome as always and two of them were on rollerskates :P We then went to the brand new Starbucks for a drink/desert.

I had an awesome caramel coffee frappacino, it loved...

We then left Starbucks quite full. On our way out of the Village we noticed a very large Mickey climbing down a wall...

We then strolled into the Disneyland Park. At the top of Main Street we saw loads of characters again...

Some reason we then walked down on of the Main Street arcades and we came across probably the biggest surprise ever. Mickey Mouse was in the arcade taking photos with guests, what was even better was that no one else knew he was there and we only had to wait 3 mins to get our photo taken with him :D :D :D :D It was so amazing, we just had to go buy one of the photos, we wouldn't be able to do this for some time yet so we ended up at the bottom of Main Street and we caught the Mary Poppins show...

Then we decided to do Phantom Manor. It was great apart from the vomit someone decided to leave outside on the porch. Eww.

It then started to drizzle and we just strolled around Frontierland. I spotted this little bird which really didn't want its photo taken...

I then sat on a bench and took pics...

Then we just took a stroll around the park and ended up under the castle in the caves. This is where the fierce dragon lives. It was so cool, even its tail and claws moved!

As we were exiting the cave we noticed it was absolutely pouring down with rain. We decided to wait it out. Shortly after the sun came back out and we decided upon going round all the shops on Main Street. We noticed this dancing Stitch which I really wanted (didn't have enough money :( )

We also noticed these weird looking Minnie and Mickey plushes as part of the "from Hong Kong to Paris" range...

Tigger says hi...

The last shop we visited was Town square photography so we could buy our Mickey Mouse photos, here is mine :D:

After purchasing our pics with Mickey from Town square photography store we noticed Party time with Mickey starting at the top of Main Street so we headed up there to watch the show.

As you can tell, I loved the show, thought it was really entertaining. It is very random but good fun. We had to leave just before the end though as it was time to check in at Eurostar :(

Before we knew it we were back at St Pancras station in London :'(

I hope you enjoyed the rest of my trip report :D

Full photo albums on facebook:
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Pete's Dragon

Great Trip Report. Looks like you had a really great time. Can't wait till I get to do all that stuff (well, apart from the Starbucks bit)

Aveen2008

=D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>

A brilliant trip report all round with fantastic photos too!

It's the first time I have seen this..

is it werid that i totally love it? :P  :oops:

I also think your photo with Mickey is fab! :D/

Thanks for sharing it with us! :D  :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Annet

Cool, your picture with Mickey is really nice!
And I still think the 'from Hongkong to Paris' pluches look weird.

Patrick

Quote from: "Anthony"Great report, funny pictures of Patrick always a plus! Kyriad really is quite a nice hotel. Can't believe it was over two years that I a) stayed there for the start of the 15th, and b) saw Patrick...

My god Ant has it been that long :o , it was really nice to be in that hotel again, weirdly, well apart from the drunken 15 year old British teenagers running around everywhere at night and then in bedsheets early morning :? .  Thanks, the pictures are brilliant with me in aren't they :lol: .

But here are my few pictures from the trip, don't know why I took so few really.

The Butlin Boy

Great trip report and photos Peep and Patrick, it's all fantastic and I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for posting it, and I'm glad to hear that you both had a great time :)

littlemermaid83

Fantastic report, suprised that the park didnt look too busy.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

howtodeal

Great report :D  I'm glad you and Patrick had a nice time and some of the pictures you took are amazing.
Mt favorite is this one  

The castle looks great!!

Not a big fan of Starbucks, but this is the only drink i order whenever i'm forced to
have a drink there hehe