New VEA Shuttle to Beauvais airport

Started by Anthony, July 09, 2009, 06:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Got an email from VEA today:

QuoteHello,

On the 1st of july, VEA has opened a line of bus between Beauvais Airport and Disneyland.

Timetables and rates are on the website.

3 times a day, and 25 euros per adult.
Good to see an official and direct service to that airport, the only previous options were hire cars, private shuttles or a bus to the centre of Paris.

I still think VEA shuttles are overpriced though. €25 from Beauvais is pretty good, but €17 from CDG is a lot considering the cheaper and vastly more pleasant TGV takes 10 minutes. You could get a private shuttle for this price, and no sitting through 7 hotel stops. Obviously I won't be replying to tell them that...  :wink:

http://www.vea-shuttle.co.uk

Aveen2008

My friends boyfriend booked them a "cheap" trip to disneyland paris and without really knowing about distance etc booked flights into Beauvais airport. Thankfully VEA have started this ( i noticed on their site a few days ago) and I let them know they could go this way. It's still a long trip though!

I actually always get VEA from CDG - DLP, I would be worried about getting completely mixed up on the trains :oops:  and going to the wrong place! Plus at least your not having to haul luggage about that much and it take you to your hotel.

Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

giorgio1712

Finally! That route has been crying out for a VEA for years. More and more people will now be able to get cheap ryanair flights to Beauvais and get to DLP easily now!

experiment627

Quote from: "giorgio1712"Finally! That route has been crying out for a VEA for years. More and more people will now be able to get cheap ryanair flights to Beauvais and get to DLP easily now!

Actually, they've tried that route before. (In 2006 or 2007, I believe.) As demand from Beauvais was not as strong as they had hoped, VEA stopped that service pretty much from one day to the other.
Lets see how it'll work out this time...

giorgio1712

Oh yer forgot about that! Maybe this time it will stick!  :roll:

Anthony

I was thinking it might just be a Summer/high season thing, but there's nothing to say so.

It's (off topic but) interesting to note that the extra Eurostar service introduced in Summer 2007 or 2008 never returned.

Adam

Quote from: "Anthony"It's (off topic but) interesting to note that the extra Eurostar service introduced in Summer 2007 or 2008 never returned.

They will probably bring it back after the recession and numbers start going up again.