Michael Jackson sorrow in DLRP and other Disney Parks

Started by Magicboy, June 26, 2009, 05:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicboy

I´m interessing
Is today a sorrow in disneyland paris or in other Disney parks after Micheal Jacksons dead?

had the Park schedule changed ?

How is it current in disneyland paris?

MagicKenny

I've heard that there is a special event this evening in Walt Disney Studio's, and that all Cast Members recieved a letter that describes what they need to tell people when they ask about it... :)
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

CafeFantasia

Disney should really now release Captain EO on DVD, and include the Making Of documentary that used to play in the pre-show area in Anaheim. Perhaps the proceeds from the DVD could go to one of Michael's charities?

phantom247

Yes it is a shock and very sad that a great artist has departed of this world but also on a financial point for the resort I expect the park had been booked out for several Evening private access to the parks during the o2 concerts which would have started in 11 days time in london.

ford prefect

Celebrity deaths stir the emotions like no other event and for a couple of weeks there is a disproportionate media reaction.

I am saddened by the death of Michael Jackson, but I am more saddened to learn of the sudden death last night of a long standing patient of mine.

Whilst I am sorry that so many fans are upset at the death of Michael Jackson, just as people were about Kurt Cobain, Elvis Presley, JFK and Lady Diana, I believe that such real world events belong outside of the parks.

Disney is fantasy, and the death of a contributer to the world should be marked in a very subtle way.

Perhaps a window in Main Street or a Captain Eo poster in Discoveryland?

Leave the real world on the other side of the gates and have fun in the parks.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

dagobert

DLRP could show Captain EO in Videopolis instead of the MM cartoons. So guests could experience the movie again.

ford prefect

The movie was only part of the attraction.  Don't forget it was a 3 D immersive experience, so it really would only be half a job.

Disney have moved on from Captain EO and therefore would have contractual and copyright issues.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

CafeFantasia

I like the idea of Disney putting some permanent tribute to Michael (however subtle) in the parks. Like Ford Prefect said, a window on Main Street? Perhaps a statue somewhere. A dedication plaque in the queue for Peter Pan's Flight.

Perhaps they could play some of his music somewhere in the parks? Perhaps his 2 songs from Captain EO could be played in Videopolis. Perhaps just subtle instrumental versions of his songs could be used as area music in Fantasyland or in/around the Disneyland Hotel.

pussinboots

While the world is saddened by his death, I'm not sure it has made the world forget the more curious facts that surrounded his life. Michael Jackson tributes there should be and there will be, but surely we're not ready for them at Peter Pan's Flight...

Magicalmouse125

I was very upset about this news i guess i never realised how much i love his music until now.
I tribute i gone all out with MJ look at my avatar and signature!
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

littlemermaid83

I was thinking that for a small tribute to MJ would be to put his name and the date he visited the park on one of the slabs outside the DLH.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

-breeno-

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I was thinking that for a small tribute to MJ would be to put his name and the date he visited the park on one of the slabs outside the DLH.

Problem with that though is there is no more room for the tiles there (hence why they don't sell them anymore).
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

TR_Wolf

No, I don't agree with any of this. Michael Jackson's death, although sad, is not important enough to merit a permenant memorial of any sort in a Disney park, nor any change to schedule etc, he was not anyone particularly important to Disney or the Disney empire, plus with the accusations and court cases he had to go through, it wouldn't be appropriate.

Plus at the end of the day, he was just a pop star, wheras many many more important and worthwhile people have died, without any impact on the parks.

Adam (TR Wolf) on the left, and Phil on the right \":)\"

Walts heir

I don't think they will do anything since mj had no connection with disney

Owain

Quote from: "Walts heir"I don't think they will do anything since mj had no connection with disney

He must have or why would there have been an attraction with him as the main character ?
He is a huge disney fan (Peter Pan is his favourite), his neverland ranch was based on disneyland.