"Get rid of your bad dreams" ad campaign?

Started by Anthony, June 10, 2009, 09:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

These strange print advertisements appeared on lots of advertising sites and blogs at the end of May, with the tagline "Get rid of your bad dreams" and the old Resort logo.

Has anyone actually seen them in use? They seem incredibly distant from both the resort and all its recent advertising. Focusing on sinister images of bad dreams seems a strange direction to take.

Reminds me of a very, very shortlived campaign and brand a few years ago with the tag "Believe in your dreams".

Kristof

QuoteReminds me of a very, very shortlived campaign and brand a few years ago with the tag "Believe in your dreams".

That campaign won a few awards actually!

pussinboots

I really like them. They're quite Pixar-ish with their American pop culture iconography. (Monsters in closets, suburban homes with lawns, that sort of thing.) Funny, too.

It's a shame to see yet another campaign that doesn't feature the actual resort at all, but they're good nonetheless.

The Butlin Boy

What an unusual promotion, not only is it very random, but it is also using the old 'Resort' logo and not the newer ones with MMP :-k

I don't suppose it's some kind of teaser for something, like the Halloween season or something, although I wouldn't have thought it was :?

Very strange, very strange indeed :|

pussinboots

Just because it features monsters doesn't mean it has to have something to do with Halloween. (A lot of people on Disney Central Plaza had the same thought.)

It's just one of those quirky angles that please advertisers immensely.

Anthony

Quote from: "Kristof"That campaign won a few awards actually!
And I can't even really remember it. Looks like this one is also intended for much industry back-slapping though, so I wonder what the story is there. Do DLRP commission these generic ads? Is it just a pitch? Something to add to their portfolio? Do they get paid for them?

Released at the same time, an ad that hasn't been getting many cheers:

"This is an actual ad for Disneyland Paris. The idea is that they are humanizing Mickey Mouse and the Disneyland experience by taking his glove off and revealing his freakish deformo hand.  I am sure that concept will go over really, just swimmingly well with the kiddies."
http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/mickey-ungloved

burntsienna

Did they really think that thumbs up add would work?
It's Mickey Mouse...not Mickey the Mouse-like-Human...
He's meant to be a mouse...and it just seems like a rather strange ad, if I hadn't read the writing underneath I was rather confused as to why there were only 4 fingers/thumb...and just to nit pick, they could have made sure the wall paper was uncreased in the background, even if it is the join.

Though I am quite intruiged by the "Get rid of your bad dreams" ads, its definitely something different but I quite like them  :)
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

-breeno-

Hmm, interesting :-k

Strange move to make in my opinion, where will these ads be appearing?  Just on blogs or will we be seeing a big campaign with TV ads and such?

Also i agree with Laura, they could of at least fixed that crease in the wall with the weird hand ad, surely there was more to the wall than that, and it had a perfectly smooth side.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

burntsienna

Quote from: "-breeno-"Hmm, interesting :-k

Strange move to make in my opinion, where will these ads be appearing?  Just on blogs or will we be seeing a big campaign with TV ads and such?

Also i agree with Laura, they could of at least fixed that crease in the wall with the weird hand ad, surely there was more to the wall than that, and it had a perfectly smooth side.
Exactly! clearly the photograph has been edited anyway...wouldn't have taken much more time or effort to correct the wall.
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

mommy2ash

i havent seen the bad dreams ad. im not sure about the idea of it, my dd gets excited when she sees the castle etc not a kid pulling a monster out of the closet.

that hand ad is very weird. mickey mouse is well a mouse why would he have a deformed human hand?
Santa Fe Oct 08
Santa Fe Feb 09
Santa Fe/Sequioa Lodge Nov 09

Willow

They are all a bit weird.

Maybe the marketing people rate it highly but once its out in the real world I don't think it would be very successful.

Agent Lex

To me they feel ike Photoshops someone's banged out, thrown a DLRP logo on, then claimed are actual adverts. I really can't see Disney pulling either of these campaigns for real.

dagobert

I like that campaign! It looks like that the marketing department had a really good idea.
So much better than the MMP campaign.

Luigi

i would understand the ad campaign  more when it would be for the new Monster's Inc ride in Tokyo, but for DLRP it seems a little bit strange.

mouetto

Quote from: "Kristof"That campaign won a few awards actually!
It's exactly the purpose.

These campaigns have been created in order the BETC EURO RSCG agency to win awards and talk about Disneyland Paris.

There is no chance to see an "official" campaign with these pictures.