Astrix and Obelix invade Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by davewasbaloo, June 08, 2009, 12:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemo1981

hi guys!
 my personal opinion to this "performance":
it shows that there are still a lot of french people that hate disney being in their country!!! french people will never really be happy about disneyland paris,because they are so patriotic and think disney doesn`t fit near a city full of culture like paris....
i think they wanted to make a statement,cause they say"disney-mafia"....
so to be honest,i`d hated them if i`d been there that particular day.

However on the other hand what if one of them once worked  for disney and was really treated badly by disney?what if he wanted his"little revenge"? cause we all know disney is not the nicest,when it comes to treating their staff...

So don`t get me wrong: I love Disneyland! Just wanted to say:maybe these guys wanted more,than just being funny...disney is a huge and sometimes not so nice corporation and maybe they wanted to make a statement....

Poppy The Monkey

In relation to the last post - if this person did have a personal vendetta against Disney - they are better ways for him to get his revenge on the company than ruining the parade for the guests and scaring the performers.

In fact the guys also made they're way onto the Pinocchio float and sprayed "Silly String" over one of our bungee girls. Heads in security did roll after the event: at how long it took for the men to be removed.

There was about 5 people involved in the stunt, 3 were caught and dealt with by security having their video recordings distroyed - obviously the other 2 slipped through the net and were able to publish their Publicity Stunt on You Tube.

On a lighter note most of the cast were laughing at it after the parade, expecially Pinocchio's "friend" who was trying to remove the silly string from the Bungee girls whilst singing "I've got no strings"....

Lets hope this doesn't give other orginisations ideas though!!

luke85

I guess some people enjoy behaving like fools in order to cause disruption and stop others from enjoying themselves.

I can imagine a lot of excited families gathering around to watch the parade, only to be interrupted by these idiots, then their kids having to watch the guys being taken away by the CMs. I bet there were a lot of confused and upset children watching the parade that day.

I think it's really sad that stuff like this can happen at DLP, but there is only so much the CMs can do to prevent "guests" from doing stuff like this.

smurfy74

i watched it and thought, hmmmmm, what a sad state of affairs, and was shocked to see how long it took to get them removed

Aveen2008

what idiots!! Lucky no body was hurt and they were caught pretty early in the parade.

That's not funny it's just totally pathetic. As Anthony said though the park made Money out of them anyway so even if it was a prank against Disney I think we all know who has the last laugh....yes the park and the company who are world wide and successful!

As someone else commented that this perhaps shows that French people aren't happy with the disney park being there I think they are forgetting how that park provides hundreds, probably thousands of French people with employment and at this time of economic Crisis they should be glad to have it in their country to bring in people and trade!
Luv Aveen xoxo

dagobert

I really don't understand why people are doing such stupid things! But I also don't understand what took so long until the CMs tried to catch them. I think there are surveillance cameras everywhere, so I think the park security might have seen them.

It is really dangerous for the actors of the parade and I'm glad that nothing happened.

I'm sorry for the people who just wanted to watch the parade!

WDI1992

it's dangerous and idiotic!
I hope they got what they deserved... horrible day for guestflow I can imagine  :?
you can not just jump on them as the whole crowd is watching and floats and dancers are moving...
and anyway in reply to Disney not being nice to staff; Disney being the giant company it is, you can not expect every person working for the WDC or DLP to be nice and smiling for 24/7, so I'm not saying there's no crancky person working for Disney of course  :wink:  but as it stands, Disney treats their staff very well in general and CM's love to work in or for the Disney company. I haven't heard lots of CM's really complaining and most of the time their having a blast at what their doing... so thankgoodness for that  :wink:
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

giorgio1712

Well they really are a couple of losers looking for attention. I hope they found some from the security guards baton  :evil:  Its saddens me to watch that it just destroys the whole feel of the parade and takes away the "magic"!  :(

Reiana

I think, it took security some time, to realize what was happening. I think they would have never imgined that some stupidheads could do things like that.
Maybe they didin't want to risk any accidents chasing these guys.
But on balance it took to long and they were simply overchallenged.

mommy2ash

i cant believe those two idiots. they put so many people in danger running around the floats like that. ugh
Santa Fe Oct 08
Santa Fe Feb 09
Santa Fe/Sequioa Lodge Nov 09

pantipan

Quote from: "nemo1981"hi guys!
 my personal opinion to this "performance":
it shows that there are still a lot of french people that hate disney being in their country!!! french people will never really be happy about disneyland paris,because they are so patriotic and think disney doesn`t fit near a city full of culture like paris....

Wow, slowly. It's just 2 guys who are looking for 15 minutes of celebrity...

With this "new" worldwide humour style" for teens. "Doing crazy things or Passing over unauthorised things wihout respect of the others"

No really, children likes Disney & Disneyland, it's not a question of country.
And there's a lot of ex-children in France.

I live in the south of France and I really don't feel resentment about Disneyland. A lot of people came with me over there, it was always some great times.

Alexander

Do not get too agitated about them. Running up and down is not very clever, I would have expected more if they wanted to bring over some kind of message.

As for the "duration"...
You cannot expect security to wrestle them down, like they sometimes do with streakers on football fields. First, they might get hurt, and just imagine what kind of experience THAT would be for the guests.

But, um, guys: Calling for them to be shot? Not quite the spirit we're looking for here, is it, end equally unfunny.
Life is different.

Masamune

That's really bad. I don't get why anyone would find that funny.

davewasbaloo

If you look on You Tube, there are a number of stunts. I think they are trying to land a TV show by the looks of things - pretending a pond is a beach, climbing into a freezer at a store half naked, dressing up as a penis to buy condoms etc.
since 2001 (many before that)

Angelgirl

Hi davewasbaloo.

I saw this when you posted on another forum, and have to say, like you, I found it unfunny. Also found the comments on the other forum unfunny, which is one of the reasons I have joined this forum.

Back to the idiots, I would be really arrgh, if I'd waited for the parade with my 2 girls, to then have it interrupted by these "Jokers"! It was shocking at how long it took for them to be removed.