[WDW] The Seas with Nemo and Friends

Started by Kristof, April 10, 2006, 11:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Screamscape has posted some official information about the Seacabs make-over at Epcot.

QuoteDuring all the big hoopla over the opening of Expedition Everest Disney confirmed two new attractions on the way for later this year. Epcot's Living Seas will add The Seas with Nemo & Friends, "using technology that magically puts the staring characters of Finding Nemo amid the live marine life of the enormous aquarium." Guest will board "Clamobiles" and venture off to meet with Mr. Ray and his class on a field trip, only to discover that Nemo has wandered off. While searching for Nemo guests will encounter Dory, Bruce, Marlin, Squirt and Crush, culminating in a big "musical finale".

The Butlin Boy

There is some concept art on dlrp.fr:

Kristof

Looks familiar  :lol:  *

(* toon studios  :wink: )

Anthony

Well at least it doesn't seem to be exactly the same as Turtle Twister, so we're safe the time being!  I guess the dark ride section of the Paris ride will be similar to this.  If it saves DLRP a lot of money, then that's fine by me.  :)

Kristof

yeah, but it's clear that the same artists/imagineers are working on 3 projects at the same time!  Buy 1, get 2 for free...  :lol:

Anthony

Some info from MiceAge, with a particular lean towards how the Epcot attraction will give guests a bit of a preview of the "full" attraction in DL's Sub Lagoon:

Quote from: "MiceAge"Sub Update

Speaking of cheaper copies being sent out to Florida, they recently announced a remodeled version of the old Seacabs ride for The Living Seas pavilion at Epcot that will feature the same underwater technology being used for Disneyland's new submarine ride. The Seacabs ride opened with the pavilion in 1986, but were closed and mothballed in late 2000 as a budget cutting move. When this Finding Nemo version of the short omnimover ride past aquarium windows opens in October, it will give us all a good preview of what to expect from the Disneyland version that opens six months later.

The three minute long Epcot ride will be a shortened and condensed version of just a couple of Disneyland's planned show scenes, and without all of the bells and whistles Disneyland has budgeted for its grander ten minute long experience. At Epcot, the main focus will be on Mr. Ray (above) and his class, which is the same show scene that is going in to the big cement building they've been constructing out in the Disneyland lagoon the past few months.

The WDI folks involved in the Epcot version were saddened to see much of the gee-whiz technology and extra effects Disneyland is getting cut from their original proposal, but the basic concept of digitally projected characters appearing underwater will give Disneyland fans a sneak peak at their bigger attraction coming a few months later.
http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al041806b.htm

The Butlin Boy

A new visual has appeared on-line showing what the cars will look like:

:arrow: http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/ ... iends.html

It car reminds me a lot of the concept art of the little mermaid dark ride which was supposed to have been built in dlp!

Anthony

News from Screamscape:

QuoteNemo's Undersea Adventure / The Seas with Nemo & Friends - (9/22/06) Screamscape has heard a little info about the insides of the new Nemo attraction, and so far the word is good. I'm going go try to not give anything away that might spoil it, but if you don't want to know anything at all, stop right here.
  Apparently the queue is quite large for this new ride and has been given a beach theme. As you move forward though the queue area, you will be given the impression that you are moving closer to the water and eventually walking under the water, which will be reinforced by a view of the bottom of a boat attached to the ceiling. This is all before you've even boarded the Clammobiles. From here I'll leave out any details other than to say that the scenery work is apparently really great and the projections from Pixar are also said to be top notch work. The EAC effect is also said to be quite convincing and if there is one downside people could comment on, it's that the real marine life just are not as impressive looking as their new Pixar counterparts.

Sounds promising!

The Butlin Boy

The soft opening sfor the attraction today, here are a few photos of the queue:

The boat :arrow: Photo
The signs :arrow: Photo
The moving floor :arrow: Photo
This one's a bit blurry! :arrow: Photo

And there are 3 videos aswell:

The entrance :arrow: Video
The great seagulls :arrow: Video
And the actual ride (a bit dark!) :arrow: Video

Overall, I think the ride will be a big success :D
(Source: jeremiah_good @ photobucket.com)

Anthony

Thanks for posting those.  I can't wait to see the seagulls land in Paris, they're very well animated and not too annoying... so far.  Also, I bet that sign (or something very similar) shows up outside Crush's Coaster too. :wink:

I love the fountain outside The Living Seas now, it actually feels like you're by the sea just from that video!  The animation you can just about see towards the end of the ride looks ok, but I don't think they should use the "In the Big Blue World" song from the musical - they should have kept them separate.

The Butlin Boy

Here are some pics of the clamobiles:

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"Thanks for posting those.  I can't wait to see the seagulls land in Paris, they're very well animated and not too annoying... so far.  Also, I bet that sign (or something very similar) shows up outside Crush's Coaster too. :wink:

I can only hope because it seems like a great entrance. Besides that, I'm a big fan of the seagulls now... they look really dumb, haha. Its the kind of details and Imagineering jokes Toon Studio needs.

QuoteI love the fountain outside The Living Seas now, it actually feels like you're by the sea just from that video!

I guess we won't see this at the entrance of Crush's Coaster, but it looks cool. It would add movement to the outside of Studio 5.

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"I guess we won't see this at the entrance of Crush's Coaster, but it looks cool. It would add movement to the outside of Studio 5.
Surely the turtle shells rushing past will do that? A fountain or some kind of water element near Crush would be nice though.  And they've got the seagulls sat on our Toon Studio fence, so there's an imagineering joke ticked off already.  DLRP are doing well so far. :)

Right, I'd better say something to do with WDW's attraction...

Is that actually Ellen DeGeneres doing the voice?

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "Maarten"I guess we won't see this at the entrance of Crush's Coaster, but it looks cool. It would add movement to the outside of Studio 5.
Surely the turtle shells rushing past will do that?

Yes, indeed. I totally forgot, how is that possible? Stupid me. Sorry.  :?

The Butlin Boy

Here is a link to a site that has some great pictures of the new Epcot attraction! :wink: