Photos Magiques DLP news report: 21-23 May 2009

Started by Kristof, May 25, 2009, 01:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Photos Magiques DLP news report: 21-23 May 2009

An overview of what's new at Disneyland Paris!  Be sure to check out our brand new photos of It's Party Time with Mickey and Friends!

Disneyland Park

Refurbs

Quite a few refurbs are going on right now.  Let's have a look at a few of them:

Storybook Store

Plaza Gardens façade

Café de la Brousse

New Discoveryland floor

Fake
Can you spot the fake tree on the Castle Hill?

Relight the fire!
The Fire Tower near Pirates of the Caribbean was burning past weekend!

Christmas Ribbon
The golden Christmas ribbon is STILL on Main Street, U.S.A...

Walt Disney Studios Park

Television Studios
The Television Studios façade is currently in refurb.

Toy Story Playland
Construction photos of WDS' new land.

Ford Focus at Backlot Express
The Ford Focus Disneyland edition is now parked outside Backlot Express

Disney Village

Starbucks
Construction photos of Starbucks at Disney Village.

Segway tours
Segway tours are now offered at La Marina, near Disney's Hotel New York.

Sale tricks
A new marketing trick is being tested at Disney Village in an effort to sell more remote control toys.

Other

Bio merchandise
New merchandising with a Bio label has been designed by the Resort's merchandise team.

Poncho's
Transparent poncho's already existed at Walt Disney World and Disneyland California, but they now have found their way to Disneyland Paris.

Free Coke!
A small can of Coke Zero is now offered by the use of a coupon when ordering food at selected counter service restaurant.  The coupon can be exchanged for the Coke Zero at the restaurants listed on the ticket.

peep

Looks like there is plenty going on at the moment. That form of marketing for the store was used at one of the London Disney stores for a couple of months, definitely drew in the crowds, though in the Village, hmm, could get too crowded especially during busy evenings and could get in the way too much.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

15MagicalYears

Whats the fake tree all about? Thats rather strange.

Nicholas-c

O.o i thought they would stop with studio 1 !!! Anthony was right! Main street and pretty much the rest of the park will soon be scaffolding!

New floors +
Scaffolding with fake facades on -
Fake tree -
Fire effects +
New area +
Segways + (€1 a minute is pretty high rate tho)
"test track" + (Fun for kids)
Free "mini" can +
Clothing branding +

Good for me :p
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the update Kristof, it's good to see a lot of areas being refurbished and taken care of, and the return of the POTC fire too; but that fake tree and the Christmas ribbon are a bit odd aren't they? :-k

I hope you had a good trip :)

Aveen2008

Thanks for posting the pics kristof!! although the poncho wont work for me :(

I think the sales trick is a bit too clutter-ish, in that it would provent people from going in the door nearly as it is taking up so much room..althought I know there is a few doors linking that one large shop lol.

Looks like a lot of construction is going on. Youhave a very good eye for spotting the fake tree hehe! :lol:
Luv Aveen xoxo

kiki_304

Great update, I am such a disney novice that I thought the cars outside for the kids to play with was something they always did. lol  My 2 young boys thought it was brilliant.

The clothes are fab.  I bought the zipped hood top that is on the mannequin and it is very comfortable.  The other items were lovely too (great baby items if you are expecting, so nice even my DH considered adding another addition to our family to make a pruchase) but I didn't want to spend too much. :wink:

I would like to see people's face as you bending down to take pics underneath the blue fencing. lol    They will think you've gone barking mad. :)

Willow

Nice report!

Its so nice to see all the little things that are getting patched up around the park.
Just in time for the Summer season!

15yearsofMagic2008

Why would they put a fake tree in front of a lovely castle?
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

Kristof

My guess is that the tree died and they didn't have a grown one backstage and are waiting for it.  I'm 100% convinced the greenery department wouldn't do this without a good reason .

15yearsofMagic2008

Quote from: "Kristof"My guess is that the tree died and they didn't have a grown one backstage and are waiting for it.  I'm 100% convinced the greenery department wouldn't do this without a good reason .

Well yeah , but they should have a green-house full of back-ups .
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

zanderstarz

I hope you had a great trip Kristof, cant wait to see your photos!
It was a lovely suprise to see you, even if it was very brief!!  :P
~ just like we dreamed it ~

littlemermaid83

Great photos!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Nala_84

Aaah, this Bio-merchandise looks so great!! I want to have those bags, will they sell something like that now regularly at the shops?!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

metzzler

Quote from: "Nala_84"Aaah, this Bio-merchandise looks so great!! I want to have those bags, will they sell something like that now regularly at the shops?!

Yeah the sell it in almost all Shops at the Main Street but they are quite Expensive as all DLP Souvenirs and Clothes  :P

Btw. very nice Photos but the Weather was not so nice or??  :wink: