Annual Theme

Started by Captain Pan, April 13, 2009, 04:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Kristof"
Quote from: "Nicholas-c"
Quote from: "Anthony"I'd suggest Tarzan is as good as gone, but then 2010 will be incredibly light on entertainment if that's the case, by the time MMP has packed up.

Just to pick up on the 2010 mention, i am watching this very closely, Too early for 20th stuff and surely they wont do MMP again, Quiet dead year with a clean castle ? I hope so, Simple Need Magic Style campaign ?

There will always be a themed year from now on.

So Ok... From the Mouth (Well Fingers) of the Disney God... We have the Idea that We Shall be receiving an Annual Theme to the Park...

So Considering the Mixed Opinion we've all shown on both the Entertainment, Decor and General Situation of Mickey's Magical Party...

Lets See what you and We can come up with for a Year
Design Your Themed Year

I'll post mine... once I actually get Creative... or find some Inspiration

Nicholas-c

I think i speak for everyone when i say... No decorations down Main street, No Decorations on the Castle and make more use out of the Stage off to the right getting rid of central plaza stage... No need for any of that really.

A nice simple theme that will not need any of that... Princesses ? Princes ?
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

pussinboots

If there HAD to be some gimmicky thing to draw people... I would go for a tasteful flower festival or something, or something involving exploration or Medieval themes — something for which the banners could be vintage-styled and made of fabric, with golds and browns and burgundies and navies. Just something tasteful. Not BRIGHT COLORS and LOUD GRAPHICS. If it has to hang all over Main Street, it should at least vaguely look like it belongs there.

I really like the festivals they throw at DisneySea. They tend to put Disney characters in 18th century Italian costumes and throw a lot of copper compasses in the mix. That works.

15MagicalYears

I love the idea Pussinboots, like Epcots Flower and Garden festival.  :shock:.
I think a pirate and princess theme year or party.
I think Mickey and Minnie in pirate and princess costumes would be oh soo cute!  :P

Aveen2008

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"I love the idea Pussinboots, like Epcots Flower and Garden festival.  :shock:.
I think a pirate and princess theme year or party.
I think Mickey and Minnie in pirate and princess costumes would be oh soo cute!  :P

I like the Pirate and Princess Idea, good thinking!

:D .. I haven't come up with anything yet...my mind's gone blank!
Luv Aveen xoxo

never2old

Why not a Disney films theme? We could have different movies in different lands. Leave Main Street and the Castle unchanged (please  [-o< !!!), and instead just expand on the existing theming....

Here are some ideas:

Alice in Wonderland in Fantasyland
We could have a nice (and complete) refurbishement of the Laberynth, and expand some of the decorations throughout Fantasyland. Some giant flowers, some "eat me" "drink me" decorations here and there (but not too much)... More Alice in Wonderland music playing throughout Fantasyland (and the Carousel), and of course all the characters!

Peter Pan in Adventureland
We already have Captain Hook's pirate ship setting the tone... Maybe add the Indian's village (or use the one by Frontierland, we could have a nice transition between the two lands) and have Tiger Lilly and the other indians there. Again simply use more Peter Pan music and characters throughout the land, and maybe bring back the Peter Pan show they used to do in Captain's Hook ship?

Nightmare Before Christmas in Frontierland
I love Frontierland during Halloween, so why not expand the theme? We already have a cemetery which could be slightly re-themed to fit with Halloween Town. And for the other decorations, add other characters from the movies: the witches, the werewolve, the mayor... Simple photo locations, again no need to over do it. Or maybe just concentrate the theming to the area by Phantom Manor, so we don't loose the main theme of Frontierland. And the Nightmare theming should really stand out at night - make it even spookier!

20,000 Leages under the Sea in Discoveryland
Discoveryland already has a very strong Jules Verne theme, so they should just expand it a little bit - and they could tie it with the new movie.

burntsienna

Quote from: "never2old"Alice in Wonderland in Fantasyland
We could have a nice (and complete) refurbishement of the Laberynth, and expand some of the decorations throughout Fantasyland. Some giant flowers, some "eat me" "drink me" decorations here and there (but not too much)... More Alice in Wonderland music playing throughout Fantasyland (and the Carousel), and of course all the characters!
Now this I would looove to see!
It'd be like walking into Wonderlan they could have the Giant flowers in one end then make the props smaller in the other. It'd be so cool, I love Alice in Wonderland  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Ice101

How about a year with no true theme.  No promotion just Disneyland Paris.  The stage could be transformed into a terrific stage show similar to what Tokyo Disneyland did for their 25th anniversery.  Keep Main street in its natural form and give everything its former beauty back.