10th-12th May trip (photos added)

Started by kiki_304, May 15, 2009, 09:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiki_304

This was our 2nd visit to DLP, the 1st was last halloween (which was fantastic).

We went via Eurostar, dropped our luggage upstairs and walked to the hotel Sequoia Lodge to see if our room was ready and book an early breakfast slot.  Booked a table for 6pm at the beaver creek in the hotel before heading out to the park.
First impressions was that the parked looked a bit bare after a dressed up halloween theme.  Got to watch Mickey's Magical Party straight away (which my boys really enjoyed).  We then went on Buzz as per a request from the kids before going on a couple of the other kids rides.  Walked back to main street in time to have an ice cream and watch the parade. Went back on Buzz before returning to the hotel for dinner.

The food was awful, it was cold and there were flies all over the bread and desserts.  We complained to the 2 workers standing near and they just shrugged it off.  I told them people can't eat that with the flies and then someone came over and they had a clever plan of having someone stand there to try and keep the flies away.  Never eating there again!!!   The plug sockets in our room didn't work but my kids were already in bed and I didn't want to disturb them.  We decided not to change rooms seen as we were only there for 1 more night but did point out the problems with the room on the questionnaire in our room.

Went for a walk with the kids before it was bedtime.  We walked along the lake and up to Santa Fe before tucking the kids in for the night.

Had a good breakfast in the morning before heading back to the park.  Started with teacups and its a small world, boys had a go at pulling the sword from the stone before heading over to the studios to watch the good morning parade there.  A lovely small parade with a chance of photo's and book signing for my 5 year old.  Poor boy kept getting pushed out with those kids who don't think waiting nicely is something they should do (and their parents are not any better)!.

Went on Cars, magic carpets, watched animaquic and stitch.  Had some lunch before the English showing of Disney's clubhouse.  We thought that was just brilliant and very entertaining.  Nice for the kids to have interaction with the puppets.  Had lots of pictures and autographs for my son with Buzz, Emile, Minnie, Daisy and Donald.  My sons was thrilled that Daisy and Donald were really nice to him by not letting the other kids push him out of the way.  They even made a little fuss of him for waiting patiently for his chance to have his book signed.
Back to the hotel for some fresh clothes and a wash before going to Santa Fe for dinner (they do great food there for vegetarians).  Had a lovely walk through Cheyenne as we would like to stay here the next time we go.

Last day...  Started in the park around 9am, hired a pram for my 5 year old as he was feeling a little tired the day before. Did all the kids rides again and strolled around woody's round-up to take some pictures (closed yet again).  Walked past the haunted mansion and up to the boot place before buying my kids a toy from the shop.  Went on more rides before lunch and heading over to finish the afternoon at the studios and watch the stars in cars parade.
More rides, Disney clubhouse show and high school musical before the stars in cars parade. After this we headed to the station to get the train home.  Eurostar check in was empty and we just collected our luggage before getting on the train.

So, next time we go I think I will take my niece so my DH has someone to go on the big rides with.  He didn't want to do them alone as he said it was just like drinking alone.  Not much fun in it. lol  :roll:

Will post pics soon.

never2old

Sounds like a great trip! Apart from that dinner in the Sequoia Lodge, though... Flies, eugh  :shock:

Am also very jealous. I was there on Monday and I didn't want to leave at all  :mrgreen: !!

Looking forward to your pics  :D

Aveen2008

Hey

thanks for posting your trip report, sounds like you had a pretty good time, appart from the flies thing which is totally disgusting!! :shock:

I can't wait to see the Clubshouse Disney when I go in Sep!

looking forward to seeing your photos!:)

Aveen xxxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

smurfy74

What age do you reckon Playhouse Disney appeals up to with kids, im taking an 8 year old in September and not being a parent myself im just trying to be a good uncle, i know he is looking forward to Stitch but not sure on this

kiki_304

Quote from: "smurfy74"What age do you reckon Playhouse Disney appeals up to with kids, im taking an 8 year old in September and not being a parent myself im just trying to be a good uncle, i know he is looking forward to Stitch but not sure on this

I should think an 8 year old should like it, even if you only do it the once.  It is enjoyable even for the adults, just something light hearted and entertaining.

kiki_304

Sorry they are so big.
I will post some more tomorrow as I must go to bed.

Aveen2008

wow those pics are fantastic! =D>

cant wait to see more!! :D/
Luv Aveen xoxo

The Butlin Boy

Great report and photos, thanks for sharing them  :)  I'm glad you all had a great time, except for the flies :?

kiki_304

This is the only character my 3 year old son would go near. lol  

hope these pics look ok. Took stars in cars pics on phone.

Will post more later, visitors at my door.

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the photos, I never knew that there was a photolocation for Buzz in the Toon Studio (I assume it was taken there, where they have the changing backdrops). I've only ever seen the Toon Studio, Incredibles, Mickey's house, and Ratatouille backdrops :)

never2old

Lots of great pictures there, thank you for sharing!

What phone do you have? The pictures from the Stars n Cars look great!

kiki_304

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Thanks for the photos, I never knew that there was a photolocation for Buzz in the Toon Studio (I assume it was taken there, where they have the changing backdrops). I've only ever seen the Toon Studio, Incredibles, Mickey's house, and Ratatouille backdrops :)

Buzz is at toon studio every morning between 10-12 I think.

Quote from: "never2old"Lots of great pictures there, thank you for sharing!

What phone do you have? The pictures from the Stars n Cars look great!

I have a Sony Erricson w910i.

SophieD

Great trip report and photos Kiki_304! I cannot wait to see more of your photos  :D  :D
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

kiki_304

I think that is enough photos. lol

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for uploading some more photos, they're fantastic. I'm glad you guys had a nice time :)