Mad Hatter's Teacups

Started by Magic M, May 12, 2009, 03:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magic M

When I went do DLRP (or is that just DLP now?) last year I noticed that the Teacup Ride was missing its big tea-pot.

I have very distinct memories of a large rotating tea-pot in the middle of the ride with the Dormouse peeping out of the top.

Was the feature ever at DLRP or am I mistaking it for the Teacup ride at Disney World Florida?

Kristof

The Teapot with the Dormouse is located next to March Hare Refreshments in Paris. (Photos here)

davewasbaloo

The teapot in the middle is in the version in Florida and Tokyo.
since 2001 (many before that)

Owain

On another note, whats the floor like on the teacups ride these days? (Is it the platform or the turn tables ?)
I no its hard to stop dirty footprints, but ive seen photos where its so dirty you can hardly see any colour !

Anthony

Same as it has been for years I think, Owain. It always amazes me how clean the floor looks in California for example, when ours is so dirty. I think they just haven't properly cleaned or replaced it maybe since it opened.

The colourful lamps are looking a bit faded at the moment too.

Still, I wouldn't trade our beautiful version with its glass roof for any of the others.

luke85

I would love this attraction to get a really good spruce-up! It would look amazing with all of its colours bright and clean, the way they were meant to be! it's one of my favourite places in the park.

Owain

Quote from: "Anthony"Still, I wouldn't trade our beautiful version with its glass roof for any of the others.
Yes, this is definatly one of those "we have the best version of that attraction" in our resort. But maybe get a jet wash on there sometime ?  :lol:

seanmartina

I think it had a big refurb in 2006, when we visited that year, the colours on the floor were bright, the lanterns clean, the glass spotless..