DLR / WDW | Star Tours 2 - The Adventures Continue

Started by Willow, May 05, 2009, 12:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

ooo somthing new i love new things =D  iv never been on the ride but i will make sure to check it out in december and i hope a new thing comes to discovery land because nuffin seems to happen there

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Alan"Confirmed at D23. Coming to Disneyland California and Disney's Hollywood Studios in 2011. The ride film will be in 3D and feature Pod Racing. No mention of Disneyland Paris :(

http://wdwpress.com/twitter/star_tours_5120.html

:shock:  :o .......... :D/  =D>  :mrgreen:

Wow, I'm very excited about this project now! So we know it'll be in 3D, any more on the in-car effects or the alternate versions?

So DL and WDW will get it in 2011, perhaps Paris will follow in 2012, which is of course DLP's 20th Anniversary. I suppose it depends on the cost of it doesn't it, If the rumoured budget for Ratatouille is true, then DLP will not want to spend loads on the update, but if it isn't too bad, then the possibility of this I think is looking pretty good :)

Willow

I think Paris might wait and see what the new ride is like before comitting to buying it.

So it seems like it will be 3D Projection with multiple storylines.

I'm expecting in-car effects such as Stormrider at TDS. (Nothing mind blowing, just some stuff to add to the realism)

The Butlin Boy

Ahem.... VIDEO CLIP!!!!!!!! :shock:

[youtube:1pfb3b7m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jQaHgsKhQ4[/youtube:1pfb3b7m]

I LOVE D23! :D/  =D>  :mrgreen:

-breeno-

Sorry but i'd like to repeat the words that a certain Skywalker who shares the same first names as myself once said;

[spoiler:1yrdn4dk][youtube:1yrdn4dk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbeR6uYxU50[/youtube:1yrdn4dk][/spoiler:1yrdn4dk]

I've been dreading for this to be confirmed, and for it to be based on that almost pointless to the saga pod race.  But the 3-D is what i'm worried about the most.  From what the picture suggests we will be back in our Starspeed 3000.. but wait.. whats that large recentangle shaped thing we see at the front?  A WINDOW.  That means we'll be seeing stuff fly from the race INTO the starspeeder, thus smashing the glass in the windshield, i doubt we'll be seeing smashed starspeeder windshields :?

I'm just praying now Paris never get this attraction, even when the original Star Tours looks more dated than a 1970s video game i don't want it to be replaced by this.

At least the logo looks good, looks very Attack of the Clones doesn't it... wait a minute...... :shock:

EDIT:

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"I'm just glad we're not going Pod Racing with an Audio Animatronic Jar Jar Binks :roll:  :wink:

Jar Jar is waiting for you Butlin ;) :mrgreen:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

CafeFantasia

"That means we'll be seeing stuff fly from the race INTO the starspeeder, thus smashing the glass in the windshield, i doubt we'll be seeing smashed starspeeder windshield"

Nope. You've got it wrong. Just because the ride film is going to be in 3D, doesn't mean stuff will fly out of the screen. 3D can provide depth in 2 directions: in to the screen, and out of the screen. I'm certain that the majority of the new Star Tours ride film will involve 3D in to the screen, with the occasional out of the screen effect.

It will be interesting to see if the entire film will involve pod racing, or just one small part. It will be a shame if none of a Star Wars ride is actually set in space.

I'm pretty confident that the new attraction will be amazing and cutting-edge again. Yet another reason to book a holiday to Walt Disney World, instead of returning to Disneyland Paris.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "-breeno-"I've been dreading for this to be confirmed, and for it to be based on that almost pointless to the saga pod race.  But the 3-D is what i'm worried about the most.  From what the picture suggests we will be back in our Starspeed 3000.. but wait.. whats that large recentangle shaped thing we see at the front?  A WINDOW.  That means we'll be seeing stuff fly from the race INTO the starspeeder, thus smashing the glass in the windshield, i doubt we'll be seeing smashed starspeeder windshields :?

There are strong (unconfirmed) rumours around saying that we'll get alternating scenes, so on one ride you'll get a pod race (which to be fair does look like it has been done well), another could be chasing the Slave 1 ship (geek mode active! :wink: ), another could be in the jaws of the Death Star, and so on. I'd still say, although unconfirmed, these are still fairly possible things. :)

Failing that, the podracing will probably only be a small part of the whole ride, likihood is that we'll be flying to somewhere before and/or after that :wink:

And with regards to the 3D and your window complaint, you can see in the video how the metal thrown at you by Sebulba ( :wink: ) bounces off of the window screen. The 3D is just there to add depth and believability to the whole experience 8)

Quote from: "-breeno-"Jar Jar is waiting for you Butlin ;) :mrgreen:

[spoiler:2njvb3i6][youtube:2njvb3i6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbeR6uYxU50[/youtube:2njvb3i6][/spoiler:2njvb3i6]

-breeno-

Hmm yeah i suppose you two are right there but i'm not going to jump onto the bandwagon just yet.  I'm very worried about the fact it's going to be based during Ep. I in the first place, even if we aren't in the pod racer for the whole attraction.

The multiple endings idea i would love to see.  Although please, original saga themes ;)  I want Hoth not Kamino (two can play at the geek game ;) ).

I'll keep my eyes close to this thread, and remember, i am not on the Dark Side here, my name is Luke afterall ;)

Also Butlin, stealing my vid are we? ;)  Still i suppose you needed some revenge *looks over to table Tower Burger box is sitting on* :twisted:
- Walt Disney

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "-breeno-"Hmm yeah i suppose you two are right there but i'm not going to jump onto the bandwagon just yet.  I'm very worried about the fact it's going to be based during Ep. I in the first place, even if we aren't in the pod racer for the whole attraction.

The multiple endings idea i would love to see.  Although please, original saga themes ;)  I want Hoth not Kamino (two can play at the geek game ;) ).

I'll keep my eyes close to this thread, and remember, i am not on the Dark Side here, my name is Luke afterall ;)

Luke:
[spoiler:170hdgud][youtube:170hdgud]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p4T7_XI7WM[/youtube:170hdgud]

:wink:[/spoiler:170hdgud]

And about your comment on it being set at the time of Episode 1, we have no proof
of that. If the Pod Race is an annual event, this could be set at any time they want it to be can't it? :)

Anyway, here's a video of the actual announce ment that was made at D23 today, featuring an extended clip...

[youtube:170hdgud]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VliPqCf4Z0w[/youtube:170hdgud]

I think you'll agree, Jay Rasulo's got some style 8)

Agent Lex

I think a better video to describe my feelings is this...
[youtube:3ouq2b13]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnE8RitIN4s[/youtube:3ouq2b13]

Willow

As shown in the longer video it doesn't look like the ride will be fully based on pod-racing.

The camera/Starspeeder kinda gets caught on one of the podracers which make it look like the camera is a from a pod-racer view.

(^^^ That kinda made sense) Watch the videos and you will see what I mean!  :lol:

And also, about objects breaking the glass and coming into the screen.... On the video you can see that the evil pod-racing dude throws something towards the Starspeeder but it just bounces off without coming into the cabin.

-breeno-

Ok i'll admit i was wrong with the screen breaking thing, and the announcement video was pretty cool (anything with Vader is always cool 8) )

Still hasn't tempted me to the dark side of the force yet.  I like my Star Wars movies to be the originals and i think it could be the same with the attraction.  The pod race/Ep. I is what's worrying me, but i'm sure they'll ace the 3D.

Also *enters super geek mode*  Vader on the poster of Star Tours II?  It's based in Episode 1, he's only a kid back then!! [-X  :P
- Walt Disney

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "-breeno-"Also *enters super geek mode*  Vader on the poster of Star Tours II?  It's based in Episode 1, he's only a kid back then!! [-X  :P

If the podrace is an annual event on Tatooine, then this could be set at any time period, not necessarily Episode 1. Besides, it might be a bit silly for Disney to set the sequel before the original :wink:

peep

I have mixed feelings about this. I hope it turns out to be the old rumour of the multiple beginnings/middle parts/endings as that sounds awesome.

I'm sure whatever they have up their sleeve is amazing. I loved the interaction between the chairman and Vader, was wicked. This topic has also highly amused me.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Anthony

Can I just join in the dance that this has been confirmed?  :D/

Ok, I agree with peep -- some kind of multiple events/endings are a MUST. It's also quite brilliant (but frustrating) that they announced it, played the clip, and then ended the show. There are literally thousands of questions to be asked now.

I'm most interested in how many physical changes the ride will need to undergo -- will it be the same preshow? At least we're still in Starspeeders... I'm thinking mainly here of the costs to bring it to Paris. It's all well and good George Lucas and WDI going nuts with "things that have never been done in a theme park attraction before" (whaa???!), but there's a risk it could be pushed out of DLP's price range and we'd be stuck in the 80s forever...

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"I think you'll agree, Jay Rasulo's got some style 8)
Yes, who'd he steal that from? This is the first time I've seen him with more charisma than a corpse!