Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "Alan"- Pirates of the Cafeteria
Oh, I like that one! :lol:

CafeFantasia

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Alan"- Pirates of the Cafeteria
Oh, I like that one! :lol:

Arr, me hearty. I be likin' the idea o' it bein' a Pirates Cafeteria. Just imagine, pirates linin' up with thar plastic trays, pickin' out croque monsieurs and Mickey Brioches. Garrrr.

CentralPlazaPerson

Pirates of the Musical... :P

Reiana

I like the new name. So they can change the inside everytime they want to another blockbusters. No new name change needed if Pirates or HSM are history.

Kristof

Photos from this weekend!  I guess we can now say which room is becoming POTC and which HSM...

More photos at WDSfans.com here.

Willow

Obviously early days at the moment but its shaping up nicely.

I hope it turns out nicely.

The Butlin Boy

It's definitely looking good at the minute :)

In the last photo, there is a sign reading "Paint Shop" hanging from the ceiling in the background. Has that always been there and has been ironically left, or is that the current themeing for the restaurant? :wink:

Kristof

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"It's definitely looking good at the minute :)

In the last photo, there is a sign reading "Paint Shop" hanging from the ceiling in the background. Has that always been there and has been ironically left, or is that the current themeing for the restaurant? :wink:

The Paint Shop was the cash register area.  The red closets had buckets of paints in it.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Kristof"
Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"It's definitely looking good at the minute :)

The Paint Shop was the cash register area.  The red closets had buckets of paints in it.

I had a feeling it was something like that, it's pretty suitable to leave that up at the minute isn't it :wink:

Anthony

Ohh, ok... I was predicting the room towards the back would be Pirates and the brighter, larger room with the big windows would be the gym from High School Musical. But no, I suppose it makes sense to paint that nice light and airy area black... :lol:

Here's hoping this week sees some damn good props/themeing go in on top of that. I like the "Wildcat red" already.

Thanks for the photos!

Magic M

To quote Nigel Tuffnell:

"Its like how much more black could it be?  None... none more black..."

davewasbaloo

I was thinking of this, a black room with no windows could be too dark and the white and red could be too bright. So this makes some sense. Also, I think if people walking by look in and see PotC stuff, it will entice them in more than HSM.
since 2001 (many before that)

Riebi

hm..I think I would take the dark side...
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

esmeralda

I have to say that I'm really looking forward to that change. I love both movies, so I'll look forward to sit down and enjoy that atmosphere. I also think that the new theming will attract smaller children as well! Can't wait to go!! :D/
Julia

Maarten

The first decorations have been installed. Although in my opinion this change isn't nearly as bad as the awful Cafe Cafes sign and Restaurant des Stars name change, I do regret that certain props have been removed like the Star Wars flying machine and the skycraper used in Armageddon. But who knows, maybe they will reuse them somewhere in the restaurant. After all, Armageddon and Star Wars were both blockbusters aswell right?

Source: djbass at Disney Central Plaza

Lets hope they will show some real props that were used in the High School Musical and Pirates of the Caribbean films instead of some props "inspired by the movies".  :wink: