Disney Blockbuster Café

Started by Kristof, April 24, 2009, 11:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

That´s a good point Dave  :mrgreen:

I must say I was at some backlots in my life, maybe because I worked at a TV production till december last year.  (like my best friend said it after crossing studio 1 and seeing this parking lot structure first time in 2006 "oh...it look like a movie studio...like at work....") so, the thing is WDS looked like a real movie studio, backlot maybe look very authentic but noooobody on earth would really make holliday on a movie studio/backlot area...it´s bare ugly and enormous boring. Just halls and concrete. For a magical Disney Studio and a magical Disney Backlot I need an old fashioned backlot. One of this you could see in Sunset Bvd, or even older movies. Where you could say: Oh yes there are the offices and oh yes that´s the sound department. And not: Oh yes theres the stunt show and cars. Oh yes theres a rollercoaster in a hall...something with aerosmith. Oh yes theres a big concrete area where you can have lunch while hearing action music.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

davewasbaloo

Agreed there is much they can do to make the Studios more appealing, but I do not think redoing the inside of the Back Lot Express does not need a huge amount of work. It is the menu and service that means we rarely go in there, not the scenary.

But I like that WDS feels like a real studio. There is more to be done though, far more.
since 2001 (many before that)

Riebi

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Agreed there is much they can do to make the Studios more appealing, but I do not think redoing the inside of the Back Lot Express does not need a huge amount of work. It is the menu and service that means we rarely go in there, not the scenary.

But I like that WDS feels like a real studio. There is more to be done though, far more.

Absolutly! I even don´t get why we need a HSM and POTC room where we could sit under great props...And the service is here something hard stuff. The should improve the terrasse and the service not the inside of BE!

(And I like the feeling of a real studio too. It should just look a bit "nicer" as Hollywood Bvd. do now (just add some movie cameras there))

Riebi

Are you asking yourself how a bare Backlot Express could look like? Pixiedust has some pics for us:

:arrow: //http://www.pixiedust.be/pagina77aaaaaaaaaaaaa.html

davewasbaloo

Oh my word, see how much of a difference those props make?

Anthony

There really had better be good reason for doing this. Fingers crossed something better is coming.

dagobert

In my opinion this restaurant didn't look bad. It wasn't necessary to retheme it, especially not to HSM.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "dagobert"In my opinion this restaurant didn't look bad. It wasn't necessary to retheme it, especially not to HSM.

Agreed. No need to change the indoors - the menu and the service were the problem for me.

Just like I think there is no need to put a giant Mickey on the fun Wheel at DCA.

Nor a bunch of carnival rides themed to Toy Story.

Welcome to the modern world of Disney (I miss the old days)

Anthony

Not to turn this completely into another "Boo modern Disney!" topic, but just to add: the strangest thing is that the place still seems to be open during all of this. What must new guests think, that the restaurant is just themed with blank white walls? How are they meant to know there's a project ongoing, and the place isn't meant to look like IKEA (not even the maze part, the warehouse bit)?

In California they'd have prepared a million well-designed signs apologising for the works.

smurfy74

Ive been talking to a few of my friends about the changes to the restaurant and they have all been really positive, especially the one who went with her daughter off season and was really upset that there was no HSM presence, so I can see it being a winner for a lot of people ( i can see the wild cats banners now ) The lack of signs for the refurb those does surprise me.

davewasbaloo

If this were the US parks, the place would simply be closed with the refurb signs (at least in the good old days).

The Butlin Boy

Wow, it must be so dull, boring and depressing to sit and eat in there right now. I hope for the sake of any new or irregular guests that they complete this project A.S.A.P :?

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"If this were the US parks, the place would simply be closed with the refurb signs (at least in the good old days).

It's pretty obvious why they've kept it open though isn't it; the Studios haven't got enough places to eat and can't afford to close one just for a bit :roll:

davewasbaloo

Well last summer, there were only 2 restaurants open, so it shows they could.

Agent Lex

Quote from: "Anthony"Not to turn this completely into another "Boo modern Disney!" topic
Oh don't worry, there's no danger of that. It had already long happened.

Anthony

Going back to the car, it is indeed a Ford sponsorship...

Though ironically the taxi next to it is also a Ford, but had its logos removed back in 2002 so as not to upset Opel. Shame they couldn't have just been stuck back on and something like Troy's old van from the third film put here instead... Something that doesn't look like a guest drove into the park and left their car.