Through the eyes of a "normal" visitor...

Started by MagicStar, April 05, 2009, 02:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicStar

Heya,

my parents visited DLRP last week for 4 days. My Dad had been there just once before... in 1996. So... he isnt a Disney-Maniac. Just a normal visitor. After so many years, he decided to go again with my mom. I asked him about what he liked and what not.
Here are his answers - and be pepared of his finale resume at the end ;-)

He liked:
- MMP... he really did enjoy the show in front of the castle.
- TOT (how ccooooollll)
- Dancing Time with Stitch (there was so much fun and party around there)
- Eating at Market House Deli
- POTC

He didn´t like / Was shocked about:
- The condition of the toilets (very dirty and so much broken and dryers)
- Waiting times for buying just Hot Dogs or a coffee. He said: 35 Minutes to buy a coffee at Victorias!
- Too little stuff for the whole park. Dirt on the floor of the arcardes the whole day
- In 80%, the shown waiting times at the entry of the attractions were wrong.

All in all, the trip was "OK"
But he said, he will NOT return. He said, much money for worse cleaness and service!

Hmmm - that´s what - Non-Disneyfans-Visitors look at!  :?
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

kmara

mmmhhhh, very interesting; thank you!

Unfortunately - when I can hold back my emotions and look at it in a more objective way - I have to agree with many things your dad noticed.

In comparison with the first few years of (back then called) EuroDisney, many things have lost a lot of its superbe (and extraordinairy) quality:
- service in general
- the toilets were always clean
- no dirt on the floor anywhere in the parc (I remember a CM come and clean the ground with a wet mop outside BTM, where someone had dropped icecream!)
- the littering everywhere is horrible! and - as sad as it is - when someone starts throwing things away and they are not picked up, it looks like it "invites" people to do the same and not care about the garbagebins...
- the souvenirs you could buy in the different themed stores were much more carfully picked and much more authentic; f.e. you could buy real stuff made in Africa in "La girafe curieuse".
- same thing with food: in hakuna matata (former name was different; can't think of it right now) you would get african dishes or in hyperion asian food, when "mulan" was still on
- the motivation of the cms was much better; in the beginning it was like you would walk through a movie, everybody was realy acting its role!

I'm a bit in a hurry now, but when I can think of something else, I will add it to my list.

I am also very interested in other opinions from people who know DLRP right from the start as I do.
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

Magicalmouse125

That is intersting. Because most people on this forum are Disney maniacs (me included)

it's different hearing what a non-disney maniac thought of it.

However i must agree the littering is terrible.
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

bowler_hat_guy

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"That is intersting. Because most people on this forum are Disney maniacs (me included)

it's different hearing what a non-disney maniac thought of it.

However i must agree the littering is terrible.

With the amount of people going through the park it's no surprise about the litter and the que times and I think it's to be expected. Even non disney maniacs expect long ques. I think you gotta take the good with the bad especially in places like DLRP.

loulou123

Ive only been to disney in recent years, but have noticed a deteriation in this time. Its small things like the rubbish, the condition of the toilets, parts of rides not working, e.g the london scene on peter pan, the sky scene in POTC.

Its such a shame, as some things you expect, like the queues and crowds, but others you shouldnt have to face-like the toilets.

lurcherlou

We were in the park last week, and whilst the toilets were ok ( the ones behind Moteurs Action were very good - they would have to be as my daughter made me miss the finale by wanting a pee ! :) I did notice litter in particular around the snack stalls - the Mad Hatters snack stall was disgusting - spilt drinks, rubbish everywhere and dirty tables, and yet I saw a CM on the pathway next to it sweeping at everything except the snack stall !! There was rubbish in the lake around Thunder Mountain and in the water in It's a small world, I lost count of the number of abandoned water bottles on walkways. Having said that we went into Fantasyland on our last day (a quiet one in the park ) and it was obvious that they had just washed down the walkways and there was no rubbish in sight, perhaps its more a case of the public littering more and the CM's physically not been able to keep up with the litter louts??