Just returned from our first trip to DLRP

Started by pinky0876, March 03, 2009, 10:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinky0876

Got back last night after five days!
The flight and transfers were fine...the que for check in at the Newport Bay hotel was a little hectic! We went straight to the park as it was only about 11am and we couldn't get in our room until after 3pm!
I won't bore you with step by step details but it was a fantastic holiday! As we had never been before we weren't really prepared for all the pushing and 'rush' towards characters! We just happened upon Mickey and Minnie when we first entered the park and we shocked at the sheer rudeness of people! However we were patient and never retaliated...which when you have a child with you is quite difficult! It payed off though,as when we saw Peter Pan and Wendy come off the Character Express they shouted 'Follow Us'...when we eventually got to them Wendy whispered in Peters ear and they headed towards my daughter...they chatted with her and posed for a picture...that was it for me it made my holiday! She was so happy as they are her favourite characters!
Yes it was expensive and the cost of eating out was ridiculous for what you got but we'd anticipated that!
We had such a good time my hubby is on about booking to go in September!
xx

The Butlin Boy

Awww, what a heart warming tale and photos, thanks for sharing it, and I'm glad that you both had a great trip :)

SophieD

sounds like you had a great holiday!! I always get annoyed with all the pushing and shoving too!

Thats a gorgeous pic of your daughter with Peter and Wendy  :D  :D
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Aveen2008

aww I am glad you had such a fab time! It is understandable how you felt about people being rude, I think most of us feel this way and are shocked by peoples behaviour when it comes to characters and unfortunately it is a first come first served basis and you unfortunately have to push and shove to get photos with characters and its something I dont like and infact if I am near a character and have seen someone else there before me I try to push them in so that they get their turn lol! :P Unfortunately it is something thats annoying about DLP, they need better organisation there!

The photo of your Daughter with Wendy and Peter is just gorgeous!! I bet she was chuffed and I am glad they made your holiday so special!! :D  :D  :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

ColdSun

the picture is absolutely adorable!
I can only agree what has been saif about pushing and rudeness...that's definetely the downside on DLRP and still needs improvement.
Besides that it sounds like you had a fantastic trip and nice to hear that you are planning to return so soon :).

never2old

What a beautiful picture!! Your daughter's smile tells it all really  :D

It is awful how some people behave to get to the characters... Don't see why they have to be so rude. At least Peter and Wendy were great!

So you want to go back in September? He he he, the addiction starts...  :wink:

peep

Sounds like you had a nice time, shame about the pushing but it's something you have to really tolerate.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

dagobert

Great start for the trip report. Looking forward to the rest and more pictures. Sounds like you had a great time at DLRP.