Oscars 2009

Started by Pete's Dragon, January 22, 2009, 03:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Best Animated Feature: WALL-Eeee!

Jack Black and Jennifer Aniston presenting, Black says "my strategy for this award is to make a Dreamworks film every year, then take all that money and bet it on Pixar." Cut to Katzenburg... laughing! :shock:

Update: Presto didn't win short film. Didn't really expect it to.

peep

I nearly fell out of bed laughing at Black, awesome moment. I loved the montage they put together of the animated films too, nicely done.

I'm also loving the new style of the show, much better.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Anthony

I've never watched it before, but it's great so far. Amazing set.

Much more entertaining than the BAFTAs, to put it lightly.

peep

Once again Disney get raped in the sound and music categories.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Luigi

Congratulations to Wall-E  =D>  Great that it won, i hoped it would also win maybe 1 or 2 other oscars, but as best animated film is already a great honour and well deserved imo.

disneyguiller

congratulations to wall-e and of course to penelope cruz
and the oscar goes to.......PENELOPE CRUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
óle óle óle!!!!!!!!!!!!!ESPAAAAÑAAAA ESPAAAÑAAAA

Masamune

I'm happy for Wall-E, but gutted for Presto. :(

Anthony

The only award I didn't agree with was Sound Design, should have gone to WALL-E. As good as Slumdog Millionaire was in recreating Mumbai, WALL-E created a whole new world with characters who hardly even spoke.

Everything else was great, especially the awards for Slumdog and Sean Penn for Milk.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Anthony"The only award I didn't agree with was Sound Design, should have gone to WALL-E. As good as Slumdog Millionaire was in recreating Mumbai, WALL-E created a whole new world with characters who hardly even spoke.

Everything else was great, especially the awards for Slumdog and Sean Penn for Milk.

How hard was Sound Design for Slumdog really?
Let me have a think...
Who Want's To Be A Millionaire Music: Obtain from the Company In charge of it
Sounds of Mumbai: Stick a Man with a sound mic in the middle of Mumbai done in Half an hour really!

I dare say a load of us could create worse stuff... and Win Awards!

Hey That sounds like a good idea!

WALL-E was Robbed Three Times! Presto was Robbed!
Well Done Stanton! Congratulations Mr Ledger Well Deserved awards each!

Pixar Vs Disney next year Up vs Princess and The Frog... Should be good!

DLP-Photos.com

It was the first time ever that I saw the show live and although I have watched it recorded the last years, I have to say that seeing it live was completely different. I loved the new layout of the show - especially the low stage and the fact that FIVE previous winners handed over the actor awards.

Many of the movies has not come out in Denmark yet, but congratulations to all the winners and I must admit that I almost couldn't hold back the tears when the great Heath Ledger was awarded for his unnaturally good and frightening Joker.

I cannot wait until next year and I hope that they keep the style of this year's show and Hugh Jackman as host - he was very good, the best since Billy.
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Anthony

Quote from: "forza_united"I loved the new layout of the show - especially the low stage and the fact that FIVE previous winners handed over the actor awards.
I loved that too, it made it frighteningly prestigious. Real stature. The way the stage just completely changed without you noticing, from the intimate moments to the huge musical number was amazing too. Tina Fey + Steve Martin was also genius.

Quote from: "Captain Pan"Pixar Vs Disney next year Up vs Princess and The Frog... Should be good!
Oh I was just coming back here to say! It's not the first time we've had Disney vs. Pixar for the award but it's definitely going to the first time we see Pixar vs. a Disney running on full strength. I'd predict Princess and the Frog to win, unless it's for some reason a bad film (can you imagine..?!). Up seems good fun, but in the same vein as Presto maybe not "Oscar" material, from what we've seen. Although the fact that Shrek won the first animation Oscar (above Monsters Inc!!!) made the prize fairly worthless pretty instantly.

The Butlin Boy

I'm so glad that Wall.E and Heath Ledger won their Oscars, to be honest the rest don't really interest me, but I'm so glad that these two well deserved Oscars went to the right person and film. I've also just seen the dance act on YouTube, very funny and very entertaining :mrgreen:  :P