TBB's DLRP Trip Report:One Trip - Two Years! [DAY3.2 ONLINE]

Started by The Butlin Boy, February 16, 2009, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

Well it's happened again, I've missed out on the first release of a Trip Report.. :oops:  :mrgreen:

But I'm pleased I've found it.  Congratulations on a brilliant start to your Trip Report Butlin Boy.  I must admit, it brought a wide smile and quite a few sniggers reading it..Really funny in parts. :lol:  :mrgreen:

And...........What a Christmas present to have, Wow weeeee.. :D/  :shock:  :D/

About the smoking, it always got me annoyed and that was when they were allowed to smoke, but since the ban is in, it should be taken more seriously by the CM's.. :roll: It will be hard to police I know, but when people are smoking around CM's and nothing is said, that is just ridiculous.. :roll:  

Anyway, thanks for sharing the start of your report, I'm really looking forward to the rest of it.. :wink:  :D

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for your lovely comments guy, I'm glad you all liked it.

id@53, keep looking out for yourself :wink:

disneyloverjessie

Great Report So Far!! I know what you mean about the smoking. During candlabration this week somebody stood right next to me with a cigarette in their hand and because it was windy all of the smoke was in my eyes and mouth.  :x  But they are improving because yesterday when we wnt on the train the man working there told a couple of people to stop smoking! :D Good On Him  =D>
\'when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you\' - Pinocchio

\'A dream is a wish your heart makes\' - Cinderella<3

Hotel New York = 10 times
Sequoia Lodge = 1 time

[size=150]Disneyland Paris<3[/size]

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "disneyloverjessie"Great Report So Far!! I know what you mean about the smoking. During candlabration this week somebody stood right next to me with a cigarette in their hand and because it was windy all of the smoke was in my eyes and mouth.  :x  But they are improving because yesterday when we wnt on the train the man working there told a couple of people to stop smoking! :D Good On Him  =D>

That sounds really bad, but it's good to hear that by the sounds of things they're getting staff to knuckle down a bit on stopping people, fingers crossed it'll improve :)

never2old

what a great Christmas present!!!

And brilliant start to your report, hope you find the time for another installment soon...

Your pictures are incredible, by the way. More, more, more!

The Butlin Boy

Thanks N2O, keep your eye on this topic over the next few days... ;)

The Butlin Boy

Tuesday 30th December – Time for Tea.

After a good nights sleep, it was time to get up and out for Extra Magic Hours. So after having breakfast (mmm... croissants, juice, brioche, baguette, etc), getting ready to leave, and then waiting for my mum and sisters to finish getting ready (girls! :roll: ), we finally headed off to the parks (the normal way today; down the motorway rather than the slower way). Shortly afterwards, we arrived!

Mornin'

Still awake... and kickin'! :wink:

Today, we were going to the Disneyland Park.

One day I'll have enough money that I'll actually be able to afford one night in that place :roll:

I always find that the best way to start a long day at DLRP is to walk down an almost deserted, very peaceful Main Street USA (I love EMH!); followed by a frantic, plastic, toy attack with Buzz :P .

Unlike in the Studios, they didn't use this for 2 years to promote Cars :wink:

The best shop... ever! :)

This picture makes me smile :)

It's empty... well about as empty as it'll get... or is it...? :wink:

We mustn't forget; the lamp posts are 15 too :wink:

Discoveryland; the Land of Discovery! :P

You can't see the queue time, but it's 5 mins... I LOVE EMH! :mrgreen:

After two walk on rides on Buzz, it was now time for blast off, on a mission to the other side of the universe, on.... It's a Small world.

Nah I'm just kidding, of course I mean Space Mountain: Mission 2. It was great to see the ride in great condition; there was nice loud music blasting, all of the effects were working, and even the ride was quite smooth. Thumbs up from me!

Old Skool Disney, with a new Skool twist 8)

After SM:M2 (don't you just love abbreviations, they make life so much easier), the queues for both Buzz and Space were quite long (30-40 odd minutes for Buzz during EMH!), we decided to do a sometimes overlooked ride: Orbitron.

Orbitron; the home of interesting photos :P

Fanboy moment: Notice the Smoke :D

After a great ride on Orbitron, we decided to walk through to Fantasyland, to the tea cups, and in perfect timing for the opening of the rest of the park. This meant no queue for POTC (those abbreviations at work again :wink: ).

Why do these pirate areas look so good? They just Aaarrrrgh! :roll:

We then headed through to Frontierland to fastpass BTM ( ;) ), and after a quick toilet stop; the Mansion called. It was looking in a bit of a bad state, however I've never seen the stretching room phantom effect look so good in my whole life, and I also liked the new lightning effects throughout the ride (aka. Riders camera flashes ](*,) ).

Could you live there? :wink:

This was followed by a meeting with the lovely Molly Brown; Disney doing what it does best. The crowds were beginning to grow by now, so we went to Main Street, and after bumping into...

a giant teddy bear! :roll:

And then for a quick warm up in the Emporium. But what's that I hear...

Think Tink :wink:

Choo, choooooo! :P No holding back on the budget on the decor for the Christmas makeover :lol:

It's hard to believe, but he's gonna be wearing a dress in a few weeks :lol:

Hey look, it's the Pooh Crew 8)

'Off with his HEAD!!!'

Just monkeying around :wink:

First videos of the trip :P

[youtube:1667k2kl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbUHzNd-T4M[/youtube:1667k2kl]

[youtube:1667k2kl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhcpE1d0SGk[/youtube:1667k2kl]

They even have Toy Story stuff in Main Street now :roll:

...and here's Santa AFTER he's been around the world in one night :wink:

You've gotta love that catchy tune! I'm not quite sure what happened after this, I think we decided to walk around the park; through Frontierland, and into Adventureland, where I embarked on Indiana Jones and the Temple of the ride with the 15 minute queue :P . From here, I think we went on Pirates again (probably, we seem to be doing that a lot) and then through Fantasyland to 'Around the World in About Four and a Half Minutes' (aka. It's a Small World).

ICE! IT'S FROZEN! :shock:  :o

I think it's a bit too cold for ice cream... :wink:

After riding on the happiest cruise that ever sailed, and a slight detour through the post show (which was in a bit of a bad condition, with a lot of screens not working), we walked back to Adventureland, and through Aladdin's walk through.

Quack! You were expecting some kind of cheap Donald gag weren't you :wink:

First photo of the carousel, or of the Castle's bum, which ever way you look at it :roll:

'One day Abu, we'll make it out of this glass box...'

After carefully thinking about ways to beat the queues, we headed over to Woody's Round-up Village, to see who was out. Well at least that was what we were going to do, except when we arrived we realised that Mickey's Winter Wonderland was about to start in a matter of seconds, so we dashed there instead.

Snowmen having a snow ball fight? Wouldn't that be like me ripping of my leg and throwing it at someone? :|

If Goofy were in Indiana Jones! :P

"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!" :-"

Mickey Hockey, there's a game Nintendo haven't made :wink:

Country Bear (and Duck) Jamboree :P

Mice on Ice :)

Show offs! :wink:

[youtube:1667k2kl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQyV169_yuY[/youtube:1667k2kl]

[youtube:1667k2kl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8UlCUEcz5s[/youtube:1667k2kl]

As per usual, the show was brilliant, simply on of the best. From here, it was almost perfect timing for our Big Thunder Mountain FastPass, so we had a quick wander around the Frontierland shop, before gearing up for the wildest ride in the wilderness. At this point, we noticed people were starting to line up for the Character Tea at the Lucky Nugget Saloon, so we joined them with our reservations at the ready, whilst watching the sun set over BTM.

Typical, another great shot ruined by hot dogs! :lol:

That's more like it :wink:

I had never actually been in The Lucky Nugget before, so this was another first for me, and a very pleasant one at that. We were seated along the up stairs balcony, and had a great view of the whole place. I was very impressed by the quality of the Lucky Nugget, but as for the Character tea, not quite as much. There were a lot of great characters out and about, which was fantastic, however there wasn't a great selection (especially for the price), and it was running out a lot as well. Despite the fantastic Lucky Nugget building, I do prefer it at Plaza Gardens because you got more choice and variety, as well as a great view out onto Main Street; it's just a shame they weren't doing it there any more.

After a quick change and a run, Mickey made it from the show in time for tea :P

Howdy :wink:

I Smee you! :roll:

Eeyore... and a random arm :|

My favourite Bear :mrgreen:

Sorry Pooh! :oops:

After leaving just before seven, we decided to call it a day and make our way back to the Cabin. But suddenly, at about five to seven, an announcement was made for Candleabration; just as we were about to exit under the train station. So we turned back around and headed back down Main Street for the show. Strangely though, apart from the announcement over the speakers, Candleabration hadn't been advertised at all; it wasn't in the park guides, or on the information board in Main Street. But it got even stranger, because when the show started, all we got was the music; no characters, no dialogue, no dancers, just the music. They included all of the lighting effects with the music, just without any characters.

No Characters :(

[youtube:1667k2kl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utYgugzGorw[/youtube:1667k2kl]

[youtube:1667k2kl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8QrbTMBceQ[/youtube:1667k2kl]

So after a rather odd version of Candleabration, we well and truly headed back...

For about an hour or so! You didn't really think it was going to end there did you? No, tonight was Disney Village night!

I would love to have watched the New Years fireworks on there :)

I wish my village was like this :roll:

No rainforest were harmed in the making of this restaurant, unlike California's Small World update... :roll:  :-"

We didn't actually eat in here, I just thought it would picture well :P

Same old DV really, except they did have some Christmas characters out and about, anyone recognise these guys? :wink:

It's the old Reindeer and Snowman :mrgreen:

It's great to see some rare Characters out and about :)

Then it was time for bed. No really, no more tricks, this was the real end to day 2. Seriously. ;)

To be continued... :)

ColdSun

yeah, an update :D ! And what a nice one! Sounds like a great time and once again I'm absolutely loving the pics...

DLP-Photos.com

Another great part of the report Butlin Boy with some great photos and videos. You really make me wanna go during christmas  :mrgreen:
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

SophieD

Really great update Butlin Boy! I love all of your captions under the pictures! They make me chuckle quite a lot  :lol:  :lol:
Seeing all your pictures makes me want to send my CV off to Disney to be a character!!!!

:D  :D

Can't wait for the next update!!  :D  :D  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "ColdSun"yeah, an update :D ! And what a nice one! Sounds like a great time and once again I'm absolutely loving the pics...

Thanks ColdSun, I'm glad you enjoyed it :wink:

Quote from: "forza_united"Another great part of the report Butlin Boy with some great photos and videos. You really make me wanna go during christmas  :mrgreen:

Thanks Forza. Christmas is definitely a great time to go, it just has the most magical atmosphere :)

Quote from: "SophieD"Really great update Butlin Boy! I love all of your captions under the pictures! They make me chuckle quite a lot  :lol:  :lol:
Seeing all your pictures makes me want to send my CV off to Disney to be a character!!!!

:D  :D

Can't wait for the next update!!  :D  :D  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Thanks Sophie, I'm glad the made you chuckle, I was kind of reading through them thinking like 'yeah, I'll never be a comedian!' :wink: Perhaps you should send your CV, I'd bet that would be a fun job wouldn't it :P

Javey74

I enjoyed reading that second instalment Butlin Boy, really funny in parts, love the photos and videos.  I saw those same two ducks on the grass just to the side of the plaza when I was there, it's definately those two, I've got a keen eye for recognising ducks.. :mrgreen:

Ask Donald.. :mrgreen:

As for Phantom Manor, I personally wouldn't live in there, Norman Bates might though.  :lol:  I'm sure he did lease the house at some point, it turned him into a right psycho..  :lol: :mrgreen:  

You mention about the lack of variety in 'The Lucky Nugget', I thought the same when we were eating in there to a point, but our meal didn't go to well from the very start, so I was a bit miffed about the place by the time we got out, a bit like Abu and Aladdin trying to get out of their glass case..  :lol:  :mrgreen:  

Anyway, thanks again for sharing, looking forward to another instalment.. :D/  :D

The Butlin Boy

:lol:  :P Thanks Javey :)

The Butlin Boy

Wednesday 31st December – Countdown to 2009.

We had decided against attending my beloved Extra Magic Hours this morning (when I say we - I mean mum and dad :roll: ); one because of being in Disney Village the night before, and secondly and more importantly it was New Years Eve, and we could potentially be in the parks until 1am the following morning. So after a later but equally delicious breaky, we were ready to spend our first ever New Years Eve at the Happiest Place on Earth (who just said Park Asterix? - I've got my eye on you... :|  :wink: ). But as we opened the door to our cabin, we were greeted with a Wintery sight...

:shock:  :o ..... :mrgreen:

SNOW... AND ICE! :mrgreen:

Yep, Jack Frost has paid DLRP a visit this morning, and who can blame him? So we carried on to the parks, and this morning we were planning a visit to a certain film Studio in time for the park opening. It was actually very foggy as well this morning, so foggy in fact that we couldn't actually see the Tower of Terror until we'd exited Studio One! (I'd have taken a photo, but it would have just been blank :wink: ). Anyway, first stop; Crushes Coaster, and I don't think I need to say what happened next (but needless to say, it was very big and we weren't going anywhere near it if you know what I mean).

Poor Donald, Mickey gets four statues in the park, and Donald only gets a banner :roll:

See what I mean, very foggy, but very cool 8)

So instead, we decided to try and fastpass a trip into the Twilight Zone, which showed us its real horror side when we found out that fastpass was not in operation on TOT today. I don't know why, perhaps something to do with the machines, but whatever it was, they weren't operating :-k . So what to do now...

I was so lucky that there was no-one in the train as I took this pic :D/

Oh yeah! 8) After grabbing a quick fastpass for later, and a surprisingly small queue, we were rocking and rolling the coaster. As we were trying to avoid the ever growing crowds who had gathered for New Years Day, we ended up on Armageddon. The ride...attraction itself was top notch, brilliant, and judging by the crowds leaving, I wasn't alone in thinking so; but every silver lining has a cloud, and the cattle pen queue and the ever lasting pre-show were a bit of a let down.

Armagdon outa here! :lol:

Taxi + Snow =  :mrgreen:  :D/  :mrgreen:

Now that the queues were getting into full flow, we decided upon a nice little wander around the park.

I wonder what it would look like if I zoomed in :-k

So that's what it'd look like :wink:

So from Backlot, we walked through to the Toon Studio, to check out what was happening. Animagique had a showing coming up shortly, so we decided to go and see it. What can I say; anyone who doesn't fall in love with this show is dead inside, it's so much fun :P . So after walking past the big Cars queue (not huge, but it'd mean missing our fastpass on RnRC), and the colossal queue for Crush :shock: , we continued our ring around the park, heading back for RnRC.

"Dude, and there were like these little cold water things hangin' off my fins dude" 8)

If those were real cars, I so would... :mrgreen:

How big have you ever seen the queue for the Studio Tram Tour? Why do I ask I hear you cry? Well, because as we passed by, I witnessed the biggest STT queue that I have ever seen; it stretched through the whole under cover queue, through the Hollywood Hills, and down the whole of the Hollywood Boulevard! :shock: Unbelievable! It just shows you how busy it was today.

The hills are alive... with the sound of massive crowds :roll:

Eventually, the time came for our allocated Fastpass time on RnRC. I'm not sure I've ever done a fastpass for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, so not a big one, but a first none the less. I like how similar the fastpass queue and the normal queue are, that way you don't miss out on anything. Anyway, on with the show...

[youtube:1y6ze9cg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjlttHdeVBM[/youtube:1y6ze9cg]
Goooooinggggg Doooooown! Dun Dun Duuun...... 8)  :D/

After walking away from another great ride on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, we were fortunate enough to bump into a nice big selection of Characters; Lilo & Stitch, Chip, Dale & Clarice, Pluto, and even Goofy who was all dressed up for Christmas.

It may be crowded, but it's still Disney :)

Christmas decorations galore

Aloha! :stitch_bounce:

Stitch Live! :roll:  :lol:  :P

Two Chips...

...and a Miss; C&D's first cartoon with Clarice Fact Fans :wink:

:-" You ain't nothing but a hound dog...

...crying all the time :-"

Gawsh, he's got more santa costumes than... well... even Santa :roll:

So what next, Stitch Live? Cinemagique? Stitch Live? Cinemagique?

Sorry Stitch!

Cinemagique. Another one of those fantastic shows, you know what I mean, the shows that make Disney, Disney!

Does what it says on the tin :wink:

Isn't this place awesome? :mrgreen:

"Excuse me sir, could you tell me where I can find an attraction here in the Studios that has a perfect blend of Disney magic, amazing art, film history, interactive exhibits... and big hats?"
"Certainly sir, the Art of Disney Animation, right over there."

Walt and Mickey - the dynamic duo :)

Zazu's just seen the queue time for Crush :shock:

Quite complex for a mouse :wink:

You see, we take photos of them so we don't have to buy them... we're British! :wink:

After a quick reminder of the amazing history of Disney, a nice little play around the exhibits, and a quick mooch around the shop, we headed through Studio One, and back into the glorious Front Lot. More character mishaps, because over by the luxurious black limo was the mouse himself, the star of the studios, the one who need no introduction...

Just in case you forget where you are :roll:

"Hi there folks, gee it sure is swell seeing you all here, haha" :mickey1:

Ready for your close-up? :wink:

Did someone order some water :roll:

The Golden Arches :P

The crowds were flowing into both parks, because if you didn't already know, it was New Years Eve, and both parks were open until 1am (just in case you forgot), we started to head back to the cabin. I can hear your cries already; "Don't go, you'll miss the fireworks", don't worry, we're only going back for an hour or so, and we'll be back in the park, so for now...

Says it all really, I don't really know why even I bothered with this caption to be honest :wink:

To be continued... :)

Captain Pan

I've just read  the entire thing.... and forgotten where I was!

TBB Cracking report and some stunning pictures.... Amazing close up on "The Smart One"

Between you and Javey, we've got people rivaling the expert photos of Kristof!