Volt - Les Effets Speciaux / Bolt - Special Effects!

Started by Anthony, February 10, 2009, 08:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Replace Armageddon - Les Effets Speciaux with a Bolt storyline and a more family-friendly theme, putting a greater emphasis on the creation of special effects used to trick the audience over the years...

Might spoil the film ending:
[spoiler:3q4vt4ue]Bolt has returned! The revamped show was a complete flop, so the network exec came crawling back to the original Bolt. However, the bad "method acting"-enforcing director has now been replaced Lasseter-style with... the show's ultimate fan... Rhino! He's welcoming you on-set for a quick tour and the chance to take part in a special scene...[/spoiler:3q4vt4ue]

For the pre-show rooms, the entire thing is hosted by Rhino, sharing with you his love for bey-awesome big action special effects. Have guests enter the first room to see a short film about the history of special effects, then create a new door through to the second, the effects gallery as seen in the film, where you can play some Toy Story Mania/Wii-style games designed around triggering the effects for Bolt at exactly the right moment. You'd need to time them just right or something. So there'd now effectively be two pre-shows, which would cut down that boredom quite considerably. And no dumb Armageddon "everybody practice screaming"!

Then, rather than (bizarrely) a cast full of extras on a space station (huh?!), the main show now sees you playing ordinary captives of the evil Dr. Calico as Bolt comes to the rescue to free you from his chamber!

You'd see snarly messages from Calico and updates from Penny on the video screens rather than scenes of outer space. The fire effects, roof falling in and floor dropping would be caused by Bolt and his super bark and other powers trying to free you (or rather, Rhino hitting buttons back in the gallery). The vacuum with sparks could be worked into the story easily... Calico trying to suck out your sense of fun or something?

If the budget is a little bigger, the boring post-show corridor could introduce an actual animatronic of Bolt, waiting outside on cue after freeing you as the doors open and the end of scene buzzers ring, thanking you for taking part. It'd be a great extra pay-off for the scene.

By setting the scene up using the Bolt storyline of "it's all created, it's fake, it's not real", not only do they get an attraction in Backlot based on a pretty good Disney film (way more respectable than Armageddon), but younger kids wouldn't need to be frightened by the things happening to the room.

"Bolt" just seems to fit with "Backlot" perfectly... Way better, and cheaper, than a Narnia attraction.

bigrossco

it gets the stamp of approval from me :)

Building will start next month  :D/
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

The Butlin Boy

One word...well two really... BEY-AWESOME! :mrgreen:

Seriously amazing idea, the only thing missing would be a Rhino Animatronic, complete with ball throughout the attraction. Perhaps the pre-shows should be the other way around though, so it'd work like AODA. Any ideas for the bland exterior queue as well. But I seriously would love to see this attraction in the studios, it'd work so well.

Brain-wave...They could even replace the Armageddon billboard with one of the Bolt ones featured in the film itself, with it's very own... wait for it... animatronic pigeons sitting on the edge! :P

Anthony

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Seriously amazing idea, the only thing missing would be a Rhino Animatronic, complete with ball throughout the attraction.

Any ideas for the bland exterior queue as well.
Rhino could be somewhere above you in the Gallery, and again in the corridor just before the show room?

You could actually [SPOILERS AGAIN!] turn the queue into a small alien landscape-type set with loads of discarded UFO and alien props lying around, since they'd just thrown them out when the "real" Bolt returned.

The Armadillo could just be removed to place a new Hollywood facade on the path leading to ToT and then just behind that, a small version of the Penny & Bolt water tower.

Maybe they could put the Bolt trailer outside the exit to the attraction and run meet 'n' greets, if that wouldn't be weird with the animatonic just inside.

Café des Cascadeurs could be turned into a Waffle... what were they called? With a countryside backdrop similar to the RV park behind it and souvenir placemat maps.

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Perhaps the pre-shows should be the other way around though, so it'd work like AODA.
Yeah I couldn't decide on that... It'd be better to have the games first, but then it'd also be better to see the Gallery just before you go on-set.

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Brain-wave...They could even replace the Armageddon billboard with one of the Bolt ones featured in the film itself, with it's very own... wait for it... animatronic pigeons sitting on the edge! :P
I love it. Maybe another variation... French pigeons? In fact, they could have them as a "living character" and use a hidden CCTV camera to comment on people walking past.

Actually, what I said about the water tower... put that on the left of the billboard, just slightly taller than Studio 7, and have people walk under it to enter the queue line from that side, rather than over by the gate. It'd be a weenie from Production Courtyard then too.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"The Armadillo could just be removed to...

Three words; Studio Tram Tour! :wink:  :P

Captain Pan

Someone's been busy!

And Someone's been totally Wicked in the process!

I ignored Armageddon when I went to he studios cause to put it frankly I hated the movie thus wasn't going to head for an attraction based on it!

As you say Ant, Bolt is perfectly for the Backlots. And Would offer much more than just an attraction, you've got possibilities for plenty of Merchandise, New Characters, and a New Re-invigorated Passion for Animation from Walt Disney Studios too

The Placing of Rhino as Host is Spot on! Although where are we going to place Mittens in this entire thing? (I'm yet to see the movie... So I can't give immediate help right now!)

This Idea needs to be forwarded to Chief Creative Officer of Walt DIsney Imagineering almost immediately... I'm sure he would enjoy it considering the feature was his first full one as Head of Disney Animation... I dare say Mr Lasseter would be quite pleased with this.

Anthony

Concept art has been released!

And look at that, they decided to print it on the back of one my maps. Wow.

The water tower would replace that random tall bit of red scaffolding:

I'm not sure about Mittens... Maybe she could be your "Studio Tour Guide" and provide a very sarcastically-excited introduction on the video screens outside, along with the two other "star" cats.

Captain Pan

Looking (And Using) your COncept Art Ant...

Here's something I whipped together

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"Concept art has been released!

And look at that, they decided to print it on the back of one my maps. Wow.

I love it :mrgreen: Bravo =D>

-breeno-

This is a great idea Anthony, very well thought out and creative.  Bravo! =D>

Also with the recent concept art released it seems DLRP are already advertising it! :mrgreen:

NOTE: Was only a stupid thing i did eariler while i was bored.  Only spent less than 2 minutes on it, that's why it looks so bad :P
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Captain Pan

Quote from: "-breeno-"This is a great idea Anthony, very well thought out and creative.  Bravo! =D>

Also with the recent concept art released it seems DLRP are already advertising it! :mrgreen:

NOTE: Was only a stupid thing i did eariler while i was bored.  Only spent less than 2 minutes on it, that's why it looks so bad :P

That's My Excuse too Breeno!

Boredom is the root of all evil and results.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "-breeno-"NOTE: Was only a stupid thing i did eariler while i was bored.  Only spent less than 2 minutes on it, that's why it looks so bad :P

Hang on... so it isn't a real picture :shock:

:P

smurfy74

please send this to disney, having seen the film your idea rocks  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/

we never visit the attraction in its current guise so would welcome a change

Anthony

Quote from: "-breeno-"Also with the recent concept art released it seems DLRP are already advertising it! :mrgreen:

Oh great. There was me thinking I had the huge scoop and then you go and find this. :roll:

How would one go about submitting an idea to Euro Disney DCA? I presume not wasting my money on postage to France would be a start, they'd never be interested. Shame though.

But after seeing the film, it's just crying out to be featured at WDS in some way or other. I'd say it's even probably the most WDS-friendly film they've ever made, even ahead of Roger Rabbit. It's practically the same universe.

Just getting the characters there and turning the unused Production Courtyard trailer into Bolt's would be great.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Anthony"How would one go about submitting an idea to Euro Disney DCA? I presume not wasting my money on postage to France would be a start, they'd never be interested. Shame though.

But after seeing the film, it's just crying out to be featured at WDS in some way or other. I'd say it's even probably the most WDS-friendly film they've ever made, even ahead of Roger Rabbit. It's practically the same universe.

Just getting the characters there and turning the unused Production Courtyard trailer into Bolt's would be great.

Well why not trying to Skip Euro Disney DCA... Cause there is a higher man at Imagineering at the moment.
Lasseter now decides what goes in and comes out of Imagineering from what I've read, and am led to believe... I could as always be wrong. I dare say with all the Pixar stuff scheduled for the parks lately Lasseter has some small bias towards his company and his movies... This Might be right up his street.

But if all else fails there is something that needs to end up in the Resorts... The Bolt  Characters, they are some of Walt Disney Animation Studios best and lovable characters of the last decade!... Actually I say the best of the last decade!