never2old's trip 24-26 January

Started by never2old, February 02, 2009, 02:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynny

i'm loving your report.can't wait to hear more.......just makes me sad and happy cos i want to go again now even though my last trip was 6 weeks ago.

i love reading every1's trips really.......i should do my own but i wouldn't know where to start...2 many things to write about.lol

looking forward to the rest of your report...pics are great too :D
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

never2old

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dee! :wink:

Thanks!!!!  :D

Quote from: "lynny"i'm loving your report.can't wait to hear more.......just makes me sad and happy cos i want to go again now even though my last trip was 6 weeks ago.

i love reading every1's trips really.......i should do my own but i wouldn't know where to start...2 many things to write about.lol

looking forward to the rest of your report...pics are great too :D

Thanks! I'm the same, you know... I love reading all the reports, and I always want to go back  :(  

But you should try to write a report!! Just start at the beginning, and see where it goes... I always start thinking it's just going to be a quick one, and end up writing too much  :roll: ... There's always so much to say  :wink: !!

Last part coming up soon!

never2old

Last part!!

Monday morning we were first planning to get up early to be the first ones for breakfast (at 07:30), but when the alarm went off we were all too sleepy to move  :roll: ... So we snoozed it and gave ourselves an extra half hour in bed - and we only made it for breakfast after 08:00.

View from the room when we got up:

Breakfast was in the California Grill, they had prepared a buffet in a room at the end of the restaurant - small room with just one entrance. It's a good thing it wasn't too busy, because I imagine it could be quite annoying if it was crowded. We were seated straight away, by a window overlooking Main Street... And the beautiful Castle.... The buffet itself was wonderful, there was plenty to please everyone: eggs, bacon, sausages, tomatoes, pancakes, bread rolls, pastries... Heaven. The orange juice was very nice (it felt very fresh), and the coffee was a huge improvement on the Kyriad one... Overall a very enjoyable breakfat - so we took our time and made the most of it... Wonderful start to the day!! And before us the day got brighter and brighter over Main Street, and by the time we left our table there was a gorgeous blue sky over the Castle)

While we were having breakfast we saw Pluto, Scrooge and Goofy outside in the lounge, but no characters came in to the restaurant. When we left, it was Minnie!! So we joined all the little kids in the queue to meet her... She's so lovely!! She hugged us, and then we posed together... Very lady-like!!

(shame we didn't have our ears....)

Back in our room

Another view from the window...

Ainhoa's knee was a little better, but just a little. She was OK to walk, but not really to bend her knee -  and walking too much wasn't going to help... We decided to forget about the EMH (it was already after 09:00 anyway), and go straight to the Studios at 10:00. We left our bags in the car, and went to check out the Studios. The blue sky that we had been admiring over breakfast had dissapeared, and was replaced by a very cloudy, foggy, grey day (at least not too cold). At some point you could hardly see the ToT!!!

One last look at lovely door

We got to the Studios a bit before 10:00, the rides were not open yet, and some queues were already forming. Unfortunately between the pregnant one and the injured one, we had to forget about the Tower of Terror... And we have an excuse to go back! We had a look around Toon Studio (Yolanda had never seen it before), and started off with the Flying Carpets - after checking whether Ainhoa could sit with her leg extended...

After that we saw Donald was there, so we went straight to meet him!! Very exciting, I had never managed to meet him before!!

After Donald, it was the turn of Chip & Dale

(they actually had a little queue, very civilised)

Stitch and Lilo were also there, but Animagique was about to start, and since we wanted to get a good place for Ainhoa (and the queues were longer for them), we couldn't stay for them...

I loved Animagique, I don't know if my memories of it were wrong or what, but it seemed to me that a lot more effects were working, and that there were more characters. It was brilliant. Great fun. And we all came out singing Aaaaanimagique! Animajoke? NOO! Aaaaanimagique!

After Animagique, it was straight to Cinemagique - neither Ainhoa or Yolanda had seen it before. We got there a bit late so the good seats for Ainhoa were all taken; we asked the CM there if she could sit in the disabled guests seats, they quickly let us all in, and suggested we go to the First Aid center after the show, to see if they could do something for her. The guy was lovely, he explained where it was (I confess that I didn't even know it existed, fortunately I had never needed it before), and even asked whether we wanted him to call the doctor to ask then to come and meet us in Cinemagique. He was lovely. We all felt a bit stupid for not thinking about a first aid center before, but better late than never! So after a good as ever Cinemagique (the more I see it the more I love it... and the music is great!! Does anyone know if it's available somewhere?) we went straight to the First Aid centrer, where they gave Ainhoa some cream and bandaged her knee - so it was a lot more protected and confortable for her.

The Flying Carpets taught us that Ainhoa could do some rides - not all (she was very upset about having to miss out on ToT and BTM), but some. So after the Studios, we decided to try Buzz Lightyear, where if she sat alone she had plenty of space for her leg. We went back to DLP (to a quiet, foggy DLP); we had to walk slowly, giving me plenty of time to take pictures along the way... (shame there was no sunshine). Main Street it's so beautiful...

We stopped for some cookies... Injured and pregant people need a lot of energy, and I'm very supportive of my friends  :wink:  

and slowly made it to Discoveryland

Queues in Discoveryland were non-existent  :D . Buzz Lightyear advertised 10 minutes (which in fact turned out to be more like 5 minutes), so we could have a couple of goes on it

Hidden Mickey in Buzz:

We were going to try Orbitron, but it didn't look very easy for Ainhoa to get on the space ships, so we left it for our next visit... It's the only ride I've never done (in DLP... I've never done the Cars one in WDS either), maybe next time!!!

After that we went to Fantasyland, used our DLH fastpasses in Peter Pan (there was a bit of a queue there, the fastpass one was empty). And at the speed it was going, it's incredible there was any queue at all!!! Whoa they had speeded it up  :shock: !!! When it suddently stopped at the end I even banged my head against the sail!!

After the quite rough Peter Pan, we went towards POTC, again no queue at all. We were seated in the first row (so that Ainhoa could extend her leg), and had another great ride!! The swinging pirate wasn't swinging today, but everything else was great. One of the best attractions ever!!!

By then it was lunchtime (we had booked the Agrabah Cafe). I was a bit dissapointed, they no longer include a drink and a hot drink in the menu. Still, the food is as good as always (and the lentil salad as yummy as I remembered it), so not too many complaints....

After a very satisfying lunch, we went towards Frontierland, for a little trip in the Molly Brown...

and then it was practically time to go. We were all tired, and since Ainhoa couldn't drive anymore we didn't want to be too tired.... And to avoid the crowds, we wanted to leave before the Parade.

So after some last minute shopping...

.... and one last look at the Castle (the parade was already coming down Main Street when we left... I could see Mickey and Minnie dancing, with the Castle behind them), we went back to the car, for the long, sad drive home  :(

It was really a fun trip, we all enjoyed it a lot. We had been fearing crowds, snow, rain, and we didn't get any of them! It was a shame about Ainhoa's knee, but she could still have a great time (many thanks to all the CMs who helped us to ensure she was confortable). We're already looking forward to the next trip, maybe next year...

I still haven't looked at the video footage, if it's any good I'll post some videos later...

Thank you all for comments, it's always a great pleasure to share my trips with you!!

Magicalmouse125

Thanks for the great trip report.

Glad you enjoyed yourself.
Gees every one else seems to do so much more than i ever do.
Thanks bye
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

ColdSun

Wonderful report, it was a pleasure to read :)... It definetely sounds like a lot of fun and you all seemed to cope with the injuriy quite well. Of course too bad that you couldn't do some attractions but as you said youreself: now you have a reason to go back :P .
I don't really like Orbitron by the way, I think out of all the "flying" thingies it's the worst one. Cars is quite nice though, I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. The seats are very tight and uncomfortable though.

The Butlin Boy

Fantastic trip report and photos, I really enjoyed reading it. I'm glad the three of you had a really great time :)

Javey74

Well I keep saying this, but it's always a pleasure at times to miss the start of someone's report, because as it has happened to me on numerous occasions of late, I get to read all report instalments in one go, it really gives me more of a continous picture to the story told, without having to wait for the next instalment... :wink:  :D

Thanks for thinking of me never2old with the photos of Donald and the Country Jamboree Bears, they're fab, much appreciated.. :D/  :D/  :D/

I also love the shot of all of you with Donald.. :wink:  :D

You seem to have had a great time, even with your friends ailments.. :mrgreen:

Thanks again for sharing.. =D>  :D

never2old

Thank you  :D

DLP-Photos.com

Thanks for an amazing report again - the pictures are excellent  :D/

The only "bad" thing is that you make me want to go back already :P
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Nala_84

Wow, you went there again so shortly - I haven't read the full report now, but the pictures are great as always :)! I love the Indiana Jones Temple seen from the treehouse spot!!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

dagobert

Great trip report. really enjoyed reading it and your pics are great. I'm jealous that you stayed at the Disneyland Hotel  :D .

lynny

your report was great.......sounds like you had a lovely time
 =D>
lynny
xxxxx
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

Epcot_Boy

:) Just loved that =D>  =D>

Thanks for sharing your hols 8)

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

never2old

:bump:

Finally got 'round editing some videos from my trip... Sorry the quality is low, but youtube won't let me post the higher quality one (too large)

First a little summary of our first day... (we're talking in Spanish... but it's mostly nonsense so just ignore us  :wink:

[youtube:1kg7lcd8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZFjfq7JKnE[/youtube:1kg7lcd8]

And finally the Parade

[youtube:1kg7lcd8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsc230zto0I[/youtube:1kg7lcd8]

Enjoy!

The Butlin Boy

Great videos N2O, thanks for sharing them. I love the editing you've done on them :)

Nice shades by the way :wink: