x-charlotte-x's Trip Report 25th-31st January

Started by x-charlotte-x, February 01, 2009, 01:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

x-charlotte-x

Im back!!!  :mrgreen: I had such an amazing time, it really was amazing! So i am going to write my very first trip report, i hope you enjoy.  :D

Who went:
Me
My Boyfriend
My Mum
My Dad

Day 1 (25th) Travelling to London

Not a lot to say about day 1. We boarded our train in Preston, Lancashire and travelled down to London and it only took about 2 - 3 hours which i was really impressed with, but not quite as impressive as how fast the Eurostar got us to Disney.. Anyway.. We got to London and got a little lost everything looks quite close together on a map but when we got there we found out it was a little bit bigger  :lol:  so we got in a taxi which took us to our hotel for the night, the Travel Lodge which i really wasn't very impressed with, it was clean and the food in the bar/restaurant was good and it was okay for staying there for one night but i wouldn't like to visit London and stay there for a whole week.

On to the pictures, or picture.. I didn't really take any pictures in London, i couldn't really find anything worth taking pictures of, there were no sights to see or anything interesting cause we wern't in the middle of London where everything is but i did find it interesting that the sky never seemed to go completely dark so i took a picture of that out of the hotel room window. (Excuse the bad pictures its my first digital camera, and the first time i'v used it)

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

x-charlotte-x

Day 2 (26th) Travelling to Disneyland

Day 2. We had to get up very early to get to the train station for half 7 (not that we had much sleep the night before we were all too excited, and the beds wern't very comfortable either so that didn't help). So then we went to print our tickets, and went through to the Eurostar waiting lounge area. We then went to find where to get our park tickets from since it said on our travel documents that we should collect them from a Disney desk before boarding the train so we went to the only desk that we could see and they didn't have a clue what we were on about and said that we would probebly get them on the train which was not the best thing to say to my Mum, shes a very stressful traveller and so she started to worry then so i had to try to calm her down by telling her that from everything i'v read from you helpful people on this forum that we probebly would get them on the train. Anyway.. We did get them on the train, and i was very impressed with how fast we got to Disney it took less time than it did to travel down to London, the only thing i didn't like was every time we went through a tunnel my ears popped but it wasn't actually that bad going through the actual chanel tunnel except that we had to wait about half an hour before we were actually allowed to travel through the tunnel but i guess that was due to the maintenance that they're doing after the fire.

So then we got there and went to the Disney Express Luggage Desk and handed our luggage in (Im glad we wern't staying in the Santa Fe or the Cheyenne the queues for those hotels were huge. So then we went in the park for a while before we were allowed to check in and went on a few of the rides. I took a few pictures but i was mostly too excited to be thinking about pictures.

After checking in and being upgraded to lake view rooms because the hotel was pretty empty we decided that we were going to have dinner at the Steakhouse, which was okay up until our main course our waiter seemed to be very grumpy and seemed to be waiting for us to order drinks or something we had to ask him to bring our deserts after waiting for about an hour.  :roll:

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

x-charlotte-x

Day 3 (27th) Dad's Birthday

Day 3. We decided to start off the day by visiting the Studios. We visited the tram Tour first, and then went over to the Rock n Roller Coaster which me and my Dad went on and it seemed to be a little out of sync the trains were setting off seconds after the countdown and they were sending one of the trains round empty everytime cause it seemed to be setting off about 30 seconds after the countdown but the ride was good there was quite a bit of smoke and flashing lights but the music was very quiet. We then went over to the Stunt Show which i thought was really good and my boyfriend seemed to really enjoy it too. We then went in Armagedon (only because my boyfriend promised me that he would come on Big Thunder Mountain if i went in, i don't really like that ride all the fire scares me its just too close for comfort  :lol: ) We then managed to get my boyfriend to go on the Tower of Terror without him really realising where we were going  :lol: he really didn't like that ride, i couldn't get him to go anywhere near the entrance after that.  :lol: But i enjoyed it, i think its much better than the one in America i really wasn't expecting it to drop when it did whereas the one in Florida travels forward before it drops so you expect it. We then went over to the other park and i managed to get my boyfriend to go on Big Thunder Mountain which he actually enjoyed and i managed to get him on it a few more times during the trip. We then went on a few more rides and had a bit of a wonder round and then went back over to the Studios where i managed to get him to go on Crush's Coaster  :mrgreen:  (the queue time always said around 30 minutes but we went on this twice and we actually queued a lot longer than that, it was more like an hour).

Pictures:

I missed the car  :roll:

That night because it was my Dad's birthday we treated him to a meal at Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show, which was amazing we all had a brillent time, the atmosphere was great!

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

x-charlotte-x

Day 4 (28th) A Peaceful Day

Day 4. We decided to stay in the Disneyland park on this day, we did make a trip over to the studios but it seemed to be packed and Disneyland seemed to be really quiet. I guess everyone had the same idea that they were going to visit the studios on this day. So we spent a nice quiet day in the Disneyland park wandering around and going on whatever ride we fancied all the queues were about 5-10 minutes all day.

Pictures:

For dinner we stayed in the hotel and had the buffet in the Parkside Diner.

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

x-charlotte-x

Day 5 (29th) Sea Life Centre

We got free tickets for the sea life centre so we thought we would have a break from the parks and go and see some fishes.

Pictures: (Some arn't very good  :lol: )

We decided to go for dinner at Annette's Diner, this was my favourite place to eat! The food was delicious, and it was very entertaining watching the waiters skate around balencing the trays, me and my Mum had a brillent time dancing and singing to the music when the waiters were dancing!  :D/

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

x-charlotte-x

Day 6 (30th) Two Parks in One Day

We managed to do both parks in one day since it was our last day and our last chance to ride the rides and take pictures so i went a bit picture mad. I also managed to get my boyfriend to go on the Rock n Roller Coaster on this day  :mrgreen: I was so proud of him!  :lol:

Pictures:

Day 7 (31st) Coming Home

Not much to say about this day, we travelled home, lots of trains. I did manage to take one last picture before we went into the train station and i must say im glad we didn't go into the parks on this day the crowds heading towards the parks were HUGE it was a never ending stream of people!  :shock:

And thats it, my Dad has some pictures on his camera which are much better than mine so i will post more pictures when i get them off his camera and upload them.  :mrgreen:

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

ColdSun

sounds like you had a great time :). The pictures are lovely, thanks for sharing. It was interesting to see the Sea Life pics, I have never been there. Would you say that Sea Life is worth a visit?

Javey74

I really enjoyed reading those reports all in one go Charlotte, along with those all important photos... :D

Thanks for sharing, and if you can upload some more photo's off your dad that would be swell.. :D/  :D/  :D/

never2old

Must be nice having so much time in the parcs and so little people!!! And the weather on your last day looks great, beautiful sun!!

Sorry your bf didn't enjoy ToT... did you manage to go on it again?

x-charlotte-x

ColdSun: I'd say its worth a visit if you fancy a break from the parks, and fancy a day being warm if you go when its cold.  :P

Javey74: I will upload more photos probebly tomorrow, the photos are the most exciting part of a trip report!  :mrgreen:

never2old: It was lovely and sunny but it was still bitter cold, i don't think iv ever been so cold in my life.  :lol: I did manage to ride ToT again with my Mum and Dad, my boyfriend waited outside.  :lol:

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

Getyogrooveon

thanks for the great report, looks like the parks were very cold, I remember that from a few years ago - thinking "I've never been so cold in my life". Love the photos.
"Eveything is automatic - this is Disney" [CM on the rollercoaster simulator in the Studios - Nov 2004]

05.92 Newport Bay
09.01 Santa Fe
11.03 Cheyenne
11.05 Sequoia Lodge
11.06 Cheyenne
11.07 Cheyenne
12.08 Cheyenne
08.10 Saratoga Springs - Walt Disney World
11.10 Cheyenne

The Butlin Boy

Fantastic report, I really enjoyed reading it and seeing your photos. It sounds like it was very quiet, and I'm glad you all had a great time :)

SophieD

Great trip report and pictures x-charlotte-x! you were so lucky that the parks were so quiet! everytime i have been its been heaving!! :) :)
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney