Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casschr05

Quote from: "Clarebelle"Disney store Norwich now has pins :) as of fri 13th. We finally got some :)

Yay!
by looking at what people have said above that should be Cambridge are selling pins as well
 :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/

if not I am going to Norwich ;)

Agent Lex

More information on the upcoming releases...

For the pins released on 27th/28th Feb:
Band Leader Mickey

£7, Limited Edition of 1000, the hand holding the baton is apparently movable.

Cinderella - Dress Transformation

Also £7, and a Limited Edition of 1000, the dress spins to magically transform from Cinderella's normal clothes into her ball gown.

I'll post up info on the other releases, once the pin trading website starts co-operating again.

EDIT: Hm, they don't have information up for those pins yet. Which is odd, since they have information for WDW and DLR pins for March and beyond!

fly_with_me_dumbo

i work in one of the smallest disney stores and we sell them.
it is all of them, when they were released on saturday byt the end of the day we had like one LE pinochio left, they went so quick.
I wonder though about pin trading in the stores, we'll need our own pins to trade, and I like mine!! they're all dlrp ones and eurodisney, not worth much but theyre mine! ha, wonder if disney will provide us with a few seen as its a new thing here in the uk, and only just available to buy??

fly_with_me_dumbo

Ah yeah good topic already going, maybe it coule be moved into merch & pin trading though, instead of world of disney.
and yes its all disney stores, and its now a constant thing :)

Owain

Im going to town tomorrow, going to check out Cardiffs Disney store pins !  :D

Pin Trading Master

Around 2003 the Disney stores were selling badges. that's when I got my first lanyard.it came with 4 winnie the pooh badges,one of winnie,one of tigger,one of piglet and one of eore.I also got one of the jungle book 2.The pins were sold as pin trading badges but did not use the logo (look at my avertar)

casschr05

Does anyone know if they are selling pin trading lanyards?

(also are the cast member pins on the lanyards the same as the pins being sold?)

Owain

Went in cardiffs disney store today and i couldnt find any pins  :(
Where are they situated in other stores ?

Agent Lex

Quote from: "Owain"Went in cardiffs disney store today and i couldnt find any pins  :(
Where are they situated in other stores ?
There should be a little frame at the checkout, with a similar black/red colour scheme to the online site.

In other news, I got my pins from online today. Though now I understand why they overcharge for postage, HUGE DHL bag for... 3 pins. I would have been happy with popping them in the post first class, if it would have saved me money.

casschr05

Quote from: "Agent Lex"In other news, I got my pins from online today. Though now I understand why they overcharge for postage, HUGE DHL bag for... 3 pins. I would have been happy with popping them in the post first class, if it would have saved me money.

Yeah same on that!
When I recieved my Valentine pins they were in a envelope larger than A4 and inside was another envelope then the pins were inside that!

so I saw why you spend that much on packaging!!!

Clarebelle

oooo i want mine to come now!!!!! How long does postage take?

I decided if i was going to pay £5 p&p i was going to make it worth my while, so I got....

Lady and the Tramp Valentines Pin x2   
Mickey Mouse Sorcerers Apprentice Pin (Online Exclusive)
Hula Stitch Pin
Walle with Plant Pin
St Patrick's Day Stitch Pin
Bambi and Thumper Easter Pin

to add to my collection of two lol (Beauty and the Beast and Pinnocio :D) I am going to have to document my entire collection again, as I havent since our Christmas trip  :roll:
Already planning a trip into the city to buy some more, who said pins would take off in the uk???? :lol:

When they say two limited ed ones. do they mean up to two of each??
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Agent Lex

Just noticed the new "Pinformation" page at http://disneystore-shopping.disney.co.uk/pins-popup.htm
Some choice quotes:
QuoteThe Core range will change quarterly, bestsellers may be repeated.
QuoteLimited Editions will release every two weeks.
  • Limited Edition Pins - Guests may purchase two (2) Pins per Guest, per style, per day.
  • Core Pins – Guests may purchase up to twenty-five (25) Pins per Guest, per style, per day.
  • Online Exclusive Pins - Guests may purchase two (2) Pins per Guest, per style per day.
  • Celebration Pins - Guests may purchase two (2) Pins per Guest, per style per day.

Incidentally, that also seems to answer your question, Clare. It's 2 of each pin per user per day, for LE pins, and 25 of each pin per user per day of open edition pins.

The postage didn't take too long - I ordered on Friday evening, and it arrived today. I assume it was sent out on Monday, though.

Clarebelle

Thanks! :D I wish the girls in our Disney Store would get their facts right grrr!!

aw :( that means I could have ordered more, that sucks

Agent Lex

It also seems like they're already sold out of St Patrick's Day Stitch pins! They've disappeared from the Celebration Pins page (and mine is a bit rattle-y too. Hope it doesn't break... might have to take a trip to Covent Garden to get a backup at the weekend)

Clarebelle

hehe I'm soooo glad I orderd that one now :D must be popular, that trip to the city is now a must, have to buy one for ToonArmyLass' Son along with another hula stitch :D :D