Believe In Your Dreams - Ad Campaign

Started by Anthony, February 24, 2006, 09:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

From DLRP:

The 'Believe in Your Dreams' TV campaign will go on-air on March 6th, and will run for 4 weeks, coming off-air on April 2nd, the campaign will consist of 30" and 10" spots.

This is for the UK, but the campaign will probably be used in other countries like the Kids Go Free one was.

It's a weird decision to launch this campaign and not one for Buzz.  Maybe they reckon Buzz on its own isn't enough for people to visit?  I can only hope they heavily mention the new attraction in these ads, anyway.

Seems like "dreams" is a theme for DLRP's advertising this year, maybe the new advert will be as high-quality as the new brochure?  The start of this campaign might also be a good time to launch the new website, I suppose that depends on how prepared DLRP are!  :wink:

Anthony

The adverts are on TV in the UK and France now!  I saw one yesterday, not sure if there's more than one actually, with a little girl dreaming of being a princess and then a series of clips of Princess-themed moments in the park following, some from other resorts.  What struck me most was how slow-paced the advert was at the beginning, there's just a slow version of A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes and the little girl drooping around at home, wanting to go to Disneyland.

The end is good though - they use really nice font for the text and along with the logo it's really well-placed on top of a great shot of the castle.

I can't help thinking, though, that a simple advert for Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast would do so much more for the resort.  I know they're trying to relaunch as this classy, upmarket, magical european holiday destination, but they could do this at the same time as advertising their first new attraction for 7 years.  Instead of a girl dreaming of being a princess, why don't they have a little boy dreaming of being Buzz Lightyear?!

Here are two adverts scanned by Ytreza on DCP:

^^ This gives you a good idea of the actual TV advert.

^^ And another version - a boy dreaming of being Peter Pan.  This makes me think that maybe there's another advert in addition to the Princesses one...  Unless this shot *is* in the princess one and I just wasn't watching it very well.  It also makes it even more clear that they could have used this as a way to advertise Laser Blast.  Stupid DLRP!  :x

As soon as the advert's online somewhere, I'll let you know.  I don't have the hardware to record it myself.

kate

hi

there is another advert - the one with peter pan.  a boy playing in his house jumping on the sofa pretending to be peter pan then cut to him in disneyland paris sword fighting with hook etc.  its a good ad actually and as you say ant it would work well as a buzz one too.
Kate, disneyholic who is having withdrawal symptoms!

Anthony

Quote from: "kate"there is another advert - the one with peter pan.  a boy playing in his house jumping on the sofa pretending to be peter pan then cut to him in disneyland paris sword fighting with hook etc.  its a good ad actually and as you say ant it would work well as a buzz one too.
Oh cool, thanks for letting me know kate! A Peter Pan ad definately appeals to me more than the Princesses one.  :D

Edit: Here's an official press release about the advertising campaign: http://www.eurodisney.com/data/265.pdf

DISNEYLAND RESORT PARIS LAUNCHES NEW EUROPEAN ADVERTISING
CAMPAIGN: "BELIEVE IN YOUR DREAMS"

(Marne-la-Vallée, 3 March 2006) Disneyland Resort Paris will launch a new Europe-wide advertising campaign on March 6th based on the equity copy, "believe in your dreams". The campaign has been developed by recently appointed advertising agency BETC Euro RSCG.

The campaign was devised in response to an extensive qualitative and quantitative marketing study on European attitudes and motivation towards leisure activities. The study indicated that European parents felt it was very relevant to share emotional moments with their children and especially during the years when they are building their dreams, thus from the age of three. The campaign has therefore been designed to show that Disney magic is alive at Disneyland Resort Paris for children of all ages and that by visiting they will make their dreams come true. But even
more importantly, the campaign focuses on the idea that a visit to Disneyland Resort Paris will help children believe that their dreams in general can become a reality if they strongly believe in
them.

Designed to develop brand equity, and communicate with families with children between the ages of 3 and 11, the campaign features young children sharing their dreams, before making their dreams a reality at Disneyland Resort Paris. There will be three different executions,
including Peter Pan which features a young boy who dreams of battling Captain Hook and flying to Neverland. The adverts will run in Disneyland Resort Paris's key European markets; the UK, France, the Netherlands, Belgium and Spain. In the UK, 10 second and 30 second spots will
appear on ITV, Channel 4, Five and Sky for four weeks in March.

Disneyland Resort Paris' long-term growth strategy is centred not only on the development of the Resort, but also on the development of the business through new pricing and sales and marketing approaches.  Francois Banon, VP advertising at Euro Disney, comments, "The genius of Walt Disney is to have brought universal dreams to life, stories that are hundreds of years old that structure human thoughts. By drawing on the essence of Disney, we wanted to bring back a 'sense' to the Resort in Europe, to go beyond simple entertainment. The Resort is the only place where the imagination, myths and Disney dreams come to life. Disneyland Resort Paris is the place where our children discover that their dreams can become a reality, especially when they truly believe!"

BETC Euro RSCG was appointed in January 2006, after a competitive pitch. The agency's previous campaigns include Air France, Peugeot and Canal Plus.

Poppy The Monkey

DLRP.FR have the princess version, in french, here.

http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=469

Can't say I'm impressed!

Only the end looks good.

I think it would of been SO MUCH better if she didn't talk at the beginning, just moped around the house silently, trying on her princess costume etc.

Then she could have just gave up trying and looked in the mirror all depressed

But then Cinderella appears behind her in the reflection, and the girl starts looks shocked.

Using tight camera shots; she spins around, smiles and grabs Cinderella's hand's, then the shot pulls back to reveal they had been magically transported to Disneyland Paris.

Then roll into the park sequence, perhaps actually using some shots from DLRP??  :roll:

Would of been much better in my opinion. But hey what do I know.

Maarten

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Can't say I'm impressed!

Only the end looks good.

I'm afraid I have to agree with you. Did they really do an Eurpean wide research to find out that people would like to go to Disneyland Resort Paris, when their kids are being able to dream and fantasies? I could have told them that myself. I've heard so many people say "Well, we will go to Disney once our children are older. Besides they can remember it afterwards, they can get into all the attractions to without the height requirements." And after having spend much money on such a research, why did they make an uninspired campain like this? Its the "girl-wants-to-become-a-princess" idea all over again, nothing really new... The ad is not bad, but its not really the sophisticated campain EuroDisney S.C.A. claims to be in their press release.  :?

Anthony

You can see the Peter Pan version of the ad here: http://www.visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=30864

It's alright, bit better than the Princesses one, but not exactly inspirational.  I definately agree with Maarten and Poppy, they could have done much better with this campaign.

QuoteIts the "girl-wants-to-become-a-princess" idea all over again, nothing really new... The ad is not bad, but its not really the sophisticated campain EuroDisney S.C.A. claims to be in their press release.
Exactly.  I like the fonts, the shots they've used, etc. but the overall package is just not that great.  I'll wait and see how it works though, I think it *will* do some good for the resort.  They've definately freshened up and simplified their image, and I like how they're trying to grab hold of peoples' emotions a bit more with it - people might have children like the ones shown, and connect to it.  Depending on how interested people are by the advert, they might also like the new style.  The slow start to the advert, the bright, fresh clips and the good font and final shot will all help to give the resort a more high-quality image.

But whilst I do *love* the font they're using now, I really don't love what they've done to the resort logo - WHY have they made the "Resort Paris" smaller?  Just... why?  It makes the logo look disjointed and takes away the emphasis of the *resort* and *Paris*, the two things DLRP should really be using to sell themselves.

I'm also not very impressed with how well-prepared the campaign feels.  Sure, they've got two different adverts which are on TV quite frequently, but if I saw one of those adverts and then logged onto disneylandparis.com, what would I think?  It's like a totally different image /place/feel - they really should have been more prepared with this.  If they'd have relaunched the website (even just the welcome page!) and done some email advertisements and print ads in the new design then it would have been a perfect campaign, creating a nice amount of buzz about the relaunched resort.  At the moment it just feels very half-hearted.  :(

Masamune

:shock: Is anyone else scared by that little girl's face? :? She looks kinda sinister to me...

:lol: What they should do is make an advert saying why Disneyland is good for teenagers and not just kids... O-o; I sometimes feel embarassed telling people I'm going to Disneyland this year because they think I shouldn't be into Disney now that I'm almost 19 years old... :P

Anthony

There are some storyboard sketches from the adverts on dlrp.fr, it seems the 3rd version of the advert will be one featuring a boy wanting to be a pirate:

Nice to see they've finally realised they can use the popularity of POTC to their advantage.

http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=485

Dlrp.fr don't say where the storyboards are from - are they from the CM Tribune by any chance?  :?

Kinou

Totally Baloo, storyboard copyright DLP TRIBUNE.  :lol:
Hug it out bitch !

Anthony

The Peter Pan and Princess adverts will be returning (in the UK, and perhaps in other countries) from 22nd May to 11th June.  So that confirms that this really is their only advertising for this year, and that we won't be seeing anything for Buzz.

In short, they're stupid.  Buzz Lightyear would sell so much better than some badly dubbed brats who always get their way.  :roll: