The credit crunch trip 11-14th Jan Day 2

Started by Rayn2409, January 15, 2009, 04:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayn2409

Hello Again!

I will stick some piccys on the following days...

Got up really early to take advantage of the magic hours, made some lovely bacon sarnies for breaky, got a nice pot of coffee on, got ready and then sent steve out to pick up the breakfast pack, which we more of less dumped back in the cabin as we had bought enough for breakfast so that we could get away really quickly to the park for 8am.  When we arrived in the car park I thought we had got the wrong date!  There were FOUR cars including ours! We parked in the first line, which felt a bit strange and headed to the main park.  
It was empty.

There was still snow on the ground in places and the lakes and water features were all frozen, so it was clearly still very cold although dry and bright.

The kids did Peter Pan, The carasol, teacups, dumbo, buzz and we hit space mountain all within the space of about an hour.  It was so peaceful... blissful.   We headed over to thunder mountain to get Tom's first proper roller coaster ride in. Lexi didn't want to have a go, which was good news in a way as we didn't think she would get on as she is a fraction shorter than her twin brother.  
Queued for about 10 minutes and he loved it!   From there we headed to the haunted mansion. Lexi chickened it again, but the others had a go.. I am not so sure Tom enjoyed this one!  We then decided to head down to see the mickey wonderland show.  I have normally only seen this before xmas so it felt a bit strange seeing it after xmas, but the kids loved it nonetheless.  

It was a pretty packed morning, and as we had already decided to head back to the cabin for lunch we had some time to see a few characters who were hanging out in Frontierland, before going up to cafe mickey to book our character lunch on the 14th.   We let the kids have a look in the shops and choose a small gift each, before heading back for spag bol at the cabin.  ( I had made this and frozen it before leaving for paris).  The kids ate the lot and we all had a little bit of a lazy couple of hours.  Headed back to the main park to watch the parade, then back over to studios to have a go on tower of terror, rockin rollercoaster, flying carpets (too many times to mention) and the cars ride.  

The younger kids love the amimation studio and could spend a good hour just playing with all the interactive bits which is great for Milly as we can go on the hair raising rides!

unfortunately, the animal show was not on, which was a shame as the younger ones love this.  But they enjoyed the freedom of being able to run around without getting lost in the crowds.  

Today's spending;  Disney Store....  58.8 Euros
Drinks 6 euros
Petrol 78 Euros (Gulp)

Total to date £168.40 Euros
Rayn
DCR Nov Dec 1998 (Just the two of us)Davy Crockett Dec Dec 2001 (Baby makes three)DPH Dec 2002 (Baby still makes three but we thought we would go posh DPH Dec 2003 (WE LOVE POSH!) DPH Dec 2005 (twins arrive... babies make 5!!) NYH Jan 2007 ( 3 kids are expensive, decided not to be quite so Posh) SQ Jan 2008 (help, have to book two rooms now,gulp).

The Butlin Boy

Great start to your trip report, I'm looking forward to reading the rest and finding out about you 'credit crunch' holiday :wink:

cap'njack

This is great!! I'm having to do a budget trip in March. I have £100 for two nights/three days for myself and Kacee  :shock:

ColdSun

nice one :)... Looking forward to the rest and of course also to the pictures...

lynny

i'm want o read more.
 don't think i'll be going until halloween but if there's a money saving way then maybe i could squeeze in a trip before......fingers crossed :D
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013