plutos day 5

Started by Plutosgirl, January 14, 2009, 12:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plutosgirl

Last day  :cry:  I will have to be torn from my room

Firstly thank god for husbands who double check , I was so sure our Eurostar train was 20.15 ish back. I had been a bit worried as it was late for the girls after a long day at the park. I had upgraded the cafe Mickey breakfast to a Lucky Nugget character lunch at 2 before we came away so the lunch  would  keep them full but not too full ...but then dh husband checked tickets this morning and on the 10th the train was 6.35 GULP OOPs

Anyways we were early into brekkie 8.15 and it was hot YEAH . Those eggs are really yummiest scambled eggs ever . We were sat in the main Inventions restaurant again , the bit with the mirrored ceiling it was dark in the park and magical. After yesterdays experience I really enjoyed  :D

goodbye dear hotel

The cases should be collected from our rooms bur Rod was a bit bervous about this just in case ,as we should have been at the HNY he decided to drop them down to baggage.

We decided to try and get EMH and arrived at 9.30 ..i know I know late ..but Im not sure this was happening as the ropes were up . It was very cold again , cold as Tues Id say and when we got in to the park again Dumbo , Snow white & Alice were closed.  We know how busy Saturdays get, .so as I had such a good time with one on one yesterday , we decided to split and meet in main street for the Mary Poppins show at 11.30.  

This time I took Georgie and we did tea cups , Small Small World...so did DH and other D hmmm we need to split up again ...they headed off to Frontier land to Spook the Spooks and we went to Adventure Isle. We did the Tree House had a look at Indianna Jones ...No Way ! Checked on Dumbo. queues forming as it was being tried out but still closed after waiting 5 minutes.  Did Peter Pan , then Pinocchio ,boy the queues by then . We met to see the Mary Poppins show which was lovely, sadly we didnt see the Sleeping Beauty show , we did see the cast running past Belle Note one day but that was as near as we got.

We then thought it would be good idea to do Stitch again , which we all loved ( the persons voice wasnt quite a cute this time ).  Stunt Riders was still closed ,understandably had been all week .  So the girls visited animation studios did some more drawing, met Lilo, Stitch and Cruella .  Poor stitch was mobbed .

By now it was 1.30 so we headed towrads the Lucky Nugget.
To be honest we were really disappointed it was sooo busy , packed a real bean feast , the poor staff were completely overwhelmed trying to keep up with putting out fresh food , it was gone before it hit the decks.  I felt so sorry for the lovely ladies at reception you couldnt move in there, people were just backed up. As it was so cold I think that people were just holding onto their seats for as long as possible, so all reservations were running behind.  I didnt think YD could cope with sitting still on the bar stools and asked if possible we could sit at the front , which kindly the lady arranged .
If you have Half Board Vouchers plus use these to eat here. I wouldnt personally book here and pay extra for a character lunch when you are getting the same thing.
The characters we saw were Jessie nice .  Goofy , Pluto , Tigger and Friar Tuck I think Mickey had been there earlier when we were waiting to be seated. I dont think they were that great at interacting , but to be fair it was very busy . The food was OK , bits were coming out here and there but snapped up too quickly , I dont think in the time we were there( about 1hour ) starters ,mains or desserts were all fully out. The desserts seemed empty for ages. However this was a Saturday and all is probably perfectly well mid week  

By the time we left about 3.15 things were a lot quiter, still hardly any desserts though lol
We left to make our way To Mickeys Wonderland , which as always was wonderful . It was full to the beams though . We were placed in the disabled rows right at the end in front of the last pilar , so not great seats but still enjoyed it all.  Last year Georgie was lucky enough to be called on stage and she was keen to volunteer again , but I said it was better to sit nicely , after yesterday the last thing I needed was a WHOOPS on stage lol :lol:  

Sadly we were now running out of time. Georgie really wanted to go on Dumbo as it had been closed every time we had tried this week . It was open,  but oh the queues.!Whilst Rod and she waited Mia and I had time for  
Peter Pan twice even the fast past queus were quite large by now .

Do Alice Labrynth and Castle
my god the queue, it was the longest I had ever queued but it did go quickly .

And then tarraaa
they were in flight .

It was now nearly five the parade was near to  starting and time was ticking .Goodbye castle

goodbye dragon .
Oops we went down the steps to see the dragon from the shop and Rod slipped on the second load of steps came down badly on elbow and knee ...he was a brave boy though or embarrassed boy !! musta hurt :oops:
Goodbye shops . The parade was just entering Main street it was 5.15 , train at 6.35 . Still needed to get back to DLH and change girls out of snow trousers and visit loo before the usual horrid scrumage through luggage and immigration.
Had the heartbreaking decision to miss parade and sadly left the park  :cry:  :cry:
Every time we leave we say to the pink palace next time we come back we will stay here..but you know what we did this time  :D  :D
Eurostar check in not sooo bad this time but train was late leaving not till 7.15... we had had time to see the parade  :roll:   The tannoy kept saying late leaving due to missing staff but , it was really funny just 1 minute before we left passengers got on to our carraige with bags ... do you think Eurostar is that kind they will save late passengers blushes with a little white lie ???

GOODBYE DISNEY WE LOVE YOU
Sequioa Lodge 2006, Sequioa Lodge 2007, Sequioa Lodge 2008
[strike]New York 2009 booked[/strike]Suprise Upgrade to Disneyland Hotel

Hotel New York Oct23 to Oct25 2011

Pete's Dragon

Great report, really enjoyed reading it. The pictures of inside the Disney Hotel brought back so many memories ( doesnt seem like 5 years ago since we stayed there ). Glad to see it hasn't changed.

ColdSun

a very nice conclusion to your lovely report, really enjoyed reading it. The pictures fromthe hotel are awesome. It's a pity your lunch at the Lucky Nugget wasn't all that great, I was there myself about 20 days ago but it was early and in the middle of the week and I thought it was great. Too bad you missed the parade, especially if then the train got delayed but you never know those things in advance. At least you still maaged to do a whole bunch of other things, including Dumbo :D ...

Disney Fanatic

Thank you for a great trip repoer I have enjoyed reading every minute of it.
Your pictures are lovely, and you have now made my mind up to deffinatley stay at the disneyland hotel next year.
Sequoia Lodge Feb 2004
DCR Feb 2005DCR Feb 2007
DCR Jan 2008
DCR Jan 2009DCR Halloween 2009.......
next trip DCR March 2012

Epcot_Boy

Thanks for sharing your Holiday with us =D>  Loved it :wink:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for sharing your fantastic trip report, I'm glad that you all had a great time :)

Mr_B

Excellent trip report and so glad you all had a great time  :D

It made me miss DLRP so much.

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....