plutos girl travelling

Started by Plutosgirl, January 13, 2009, 03:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plutosgirl

We broke the news to the girls that morning we were travelling to Ashford that day to get the train to Disney the next day ...much excitement eps as snowing on and off all the way.
When we got to the Holiday Inn it was Mummy's and Daddy's turn to be excited as the Holiday Inn Central told us they had run out of family rooms and had given us 2 adjoining rooms for no extra cost.  As we all know if you have smallies this was perfect for the day before the big trip , we didnt have to play the" lets all go to sleep together and then grown ups wait in the dark intil little ones asleep before the telly is put back on " :lol:

After chilling inthe room for an hour or so we went over the road for an early bird Harvester which was fine. We got back to the rooms about 6.30 and the girls had a bath IN THEIR OWN bathrooms which they thought was great before falling  asleep in their bed around 8.15. We watched telly and talked until 10.30.

DAY 1 ..We were all up and dressed and at breakfast by 7.30 all having had a good nights sleep.It was strange because neither that morning or the night before we saw any other familes but hey we got 2 rooms so no grumbles on that reslut :D/  Little did I know that things could only get better !!
Taxi came 8.15 prompt ,we had an even mix of red and green lights and were in the Disney lift by 8.30. Checked in through passport and luggage control, according to our tickets we had been allocated a table seat, but hadn't got excited at all as this had happened last year.  But with no explaination we had been given  different seat numbers at check in. BUt this year no change we still had a table seat  :D/

I left the girls playing being watched by my husband and checked in at the Disney Express straight away. I wanted to get the girls their Disney packs. The lovely man at check in had said that he recognised me from breakfast at the hotel that morning as that was where the Disney Eurostaff stayed.  And then he said he had bad news... The Hotel New York (the one I had been so worried about booking due to the recent bad reviews) was fully booked and we couldnt stay there.   :cry: Heart in mouth I knew this might mean something very bad or wonderful!!!

It did  :D/  :D/ Wonderful Wonderful we had been upgraded to the Disneyland Hotel.  I started to cry a little. Things like this dont happen to us .  The guy was very sweet held my hand and said not to cry as my husband might wonder what he had said to upset me and he would be in trouble... bless

WHOO WHOO we were going to disney with a table and a perfect nights sleep to stay at the PINK PALACE a hotel we had always dreamed of going to ..life doesnt get much better.

My Husband was completely made up ,although at first a bit alarmed as to why I had tears in my eyes . Mia 7 was a little miffed HNK was a going to be a treat stay for us and she couldnt understand why they would let us stay there. She eventually understand that this was a good thing and Mummy had happy tears not sad ones. Georgie 5 wanted to know if she would have her own bathroom there also.lol  . Now I dont think anyone can upgraded to a DLH suite??

The train journey was the best ever , maybe because we were all so excited and happy or maybe because we were all sat together I dont know but the time flew . The girls got more and more excited seeing the snow. Just before we got to Marne we changed the girls from trainers to snow shoes as it looked like it would be a bit snowy.

We got off the train no queue at all at the DLH check in and entered into the DISNEY SUNSHINE....

:shock: boy it was cold :shock: ...I mean really cold and it was snowing and the station was slippery with loads of horrible slush.  Georgie had already fallen twice, they had both capered like idiots in the snow and we decided the first stop would be the pink palace to change into the snow trousers I had in my rucksac.

The hotel was quite busy and I checked in as much as we could got the girls sorted out and headed off to the park we went first to Frontierland to catch a glimpse of SAntas Village which was still open and there we also met Jessie
Father Christmas was wonderful so welcoming and jolly. perfect..and the elves workshop was so cute I think even the santa letter bit was still open today .

Spooky Mansion was the first ride of the day , we always try and Spook to Spooks .  Something we started when the girls were a lot younger and needed a bit of encouragement to go on the ride.  I noticed something for the first time at the Haunted Mansion , when you are standing in the room which goes down and the manic laughing starts with the flashing lights ... well I had never looked up before , Today I did and saw I think the groom and phantom ///

I was upset to see Belles Village already closed and also Alice's Labrynth and the access to Casey Jones and FairyTale Land ...but then I dont think we realised how cold it had been or was going to get .. then we entered adventure land

We decided to get warm hot choccies and feed the children before the parade . and popped to Belle Notte
as it was so cold we decided to watch the parade from small small world and then head back to our nice and near hotel for a warm up ...and check out the room lol

The parade was good but no stops and a few characters missing , when we have caught the Christmas Season before there was a separate Christmas and main parade.  But today Father Christmas , the toy soldiers and the elves were tagged on the end of the Onceupon a dream parade.  I meant to get really good pictures but it was so cold my fingers were freezing within minutes of taking my gloves off , so most of my pictures not good.  
Back at the hotel we found some compliemtary hot choc and got our keys , were we found that we alos had been given VIP fast passes WHOH ! .  We were on the third floor of the west wing (just like the Beasts West Wing said YD) The room and Hotel are jaw droppingly great . The view from the window overlooked the swimming pool.

Warmed up and happy (although i still cant understand why they cant do a younger childrens channel in english on the tv) we went to reception got ourselves another cup of complimentary hot choc and headed out to the ccccccolld . We had a very short walk thank goodness ,as on getting there Fantalusion and Enchanted Candlebration had been cancelled although the castle had been lit up .  Its understandable it had stopped snowing but very icy for dancers ..but the girls were so disappointed they had wanted to see the "light up "parade. So sadly once more we left the park.

We had already booked our evening meal for 7.30 at HNY (expecting to be staying there) It was a cold walk but broke up with the shops at Mickey Village and keeping the girls off the slippery ice , this time Mia fell twice .Kids eh they dont learn lol
As our holiday was for four nights we each had a choice of evening restaurant. Mias was the Parkside diner as she remembered the chocolate fountain from last time.  Sadly it wasnt her night as this was not on that evening ,but they still mananged to find lots they liked and we had a nice meal we took our annual taxi photo and headed back to our hotel. Via frozen Lake Mickey .  We were surprised to find the security check still open after park hours, but I guess it makes sense the hotel is very close to the park.  But we had no bag check just showed our easy pass to show we were staying at the hotel.
The girls dragged us around the shop again and then we  eventually made back to our rooms. The girls were over the moon about their turn down chocolates Mia ate hers straight away . Georgie in the process of putting on her pjs said shed keep hers until we pointed out it was melting down her arm and onto her bare tummy, then she ate fast. We all fell asleep very quickly in our lovely comfy warm room
Sequioa Lodge 2006, Sequioa Lodge 2007, Sequioa Lodge 2008
[strike]New York 2009 booked[/strike]Suprise Upgrade to Disneyland Hotel

Hotel New York Oct23 to Oct25 2011

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Plutosgirl"It did  :D/  :D/ Wonderful Wonderful we had been upgraded to the Disneyland Hotel.  I started to cry a little. Things like this dont happen to us .

Now how fantastic was that :shock:  =D>  :wink:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

ColdSun

wow, lucky, lucky you :shock: !
Great trip report, looking forward to more!

The Butlin Boy

Great report, and wow, what an upgrade, you must have been over the moon, that's brilliant news :mrgreen:

I can't wait to see the rest :wink:

never2old

Whoa, talk about upgrade!!! Excellent!!

Great first day, though the cold does sound rather unpleasant... Especially if you can't even take pictures  :shock: !!

Nala_84

I love the Adventureland-in-the-snow pictures, it looks so cool :)!

And wow, an upgrade to the Disneyland Hotel?! I'm jealous  :shock:  :lol:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]