DLRP Trip report 04.01.09 - 08.01.09 **Finished**

Started by Disney Fanatic, January 13, 2009, 01:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

Great trip report Disney Fanatic, please finish this as you went around the same time that i am going next year !  :)

Disney Fanatic

am planning to write up part 3 tomorrow so watch this space!!
Sequoia Lodge Feb 2004
DCR Feb 2005DCR Feb 2007
DCR Jan 2008
DCR Jan 2009DCR Halloween 2009.......
next trip DCR March 2012

Aveen2008

Hi, can I ask you how far time wise is davy crokett ranch from DLP?
Luv Aveen xoxo

Disney Fanatic

Quote from: "Aveen2008"Hi, can I ask you how far time wise is davy crokett ranch from DLP?

I would say its a 10 minute drive maximum, you just get back on the motorway for one junction then go past newport bay and down to Disney car park.
Sequoia Lodge Feb 2004
DCR Feb 2005DCR Feb 2007
DCR Jan 2008
next trip DCR March 2012

Disney Fanatic

Day 3

Woke to yet another cold and snowy morning.

The children went to get breakfast from the hut and then we got ready and headed over to the parks. First stop was Disneyland Park. As we were going to FL first we headed through

The queue for PM was about 5 minutes so we decided to go in for a warm, because even though the sun was out it was bitter cold.

And one inside

After PM we decided to go and see what the queue was like for BTM but it was about an hours wait so we grabbed some fast passes then headed over to Mickey's Winter Wonderland show, stopping at the Santa's grotto on way over.
The children didn't want to go in and see Santa so we walked through the snowy scene where we found Woody sat on Bullseye....Woody kept so still that the children though he was fake, until he suddenly moved, never seen my kids move so fast, shame I never caught it on camera, the Cm who was with Woody found it hilarious

On to Mickey's winter wonderland
This show was lovely with all the singing and dancing and interacting with the crowd. Was very cold in the building though, people we asking to be let out at different times due to the cold.

By now it was time for lunch so we decided to grab a hotdog and a hot chocolate from Casey's corner and walk over to the studios(as you will see we happily go from the park to the studios a few times a day)

My husband wanted to go on ToT so we went over to see how long the queue was but it was about an hour and fast pass was broke so we decided to go and check the times of Stitch live for the English show and luckily people were just going in for the English version as we got there so we joined the queue.

We all thoroughly enjoyed the show, it's very funny and entertaining and stitch has to be the cutest thing ever, I wanted to reach out and grab him and take him home with me!!!  I won't tell you what happens in the show as I don't want to spoil it for people who haven't yet seen it.

We had an added bonus when we came out of Stitch live, stitch was outside doing pictures, and my ydd got very excited because he is her favourite so we waited in turn for a picture.

We went back over to

to see if the fast pass was now working but it was still out of order so we headed back to Disneyland Park in time for the Christmas parade.

After we watched the parade we headed back to the cabin as we had dinner booked at Crockett's tavern, after dinner we went back to the cabin and went straight to bed...little did we know what the next day had in store for us.....tbc

Sorry there are more pictures then writing but I'm not very good at writing lots.
Sequoia Lodge Feb 2004
DCR Feb 2005DCR Feb 2007
DCR Jan 2008
next trip DCR March 2012

Epcot_Boy

Thanks for continuing your TP =D>  Your pics remind me why I prefer the summer :wink:  Brrrrr chilly :lol:
I must admit though it does look spectacular......wonder if the snow will return this winter :-k  :santa:

David

brenjo

Well done on report - we heading off again in January 2010 - cant wait. :lol:   This time just my little girl and me - hubby refuses to go again he cant believe how often I would go! :P

http://wdisneysecrets.com/ticker/ticker ... 9aikzz.png

Gareth

WOW i love the trip report im going at christmas this year and would love some snow does it stop things over there or do they just carry on thanks again and your photos are amazing hehe

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

bekiboo26

brilliant report so far!!! :D looking forward to more photos... i wonder if you've got any of us in any of your photos as we were there from 4th jan to the 14th i think :D
Jan 2007 - Santa Fe - 5 days, 4 nights

Jan 2008 - Cheyenne - 8 days, 7 nights

Jan 2009 - Cheyenne - 11 days, 10 nights

September 2009 - Santa Fe - 3 days, 2 nights

Next trip - Cheyenne - 6th December - 5 days, 4 nights

Disney Fanatic

QuoteWOW i love the trip report im going at christmas this year and would love some snow does it stop things over there or do they just carry on thanks again and your photos are amazing hehe

Thanks Gareth, as for the snow it didnt stop anything, everyone went about their Disney business as usual, if anything it made people even more excited to be in Disney (if thats possible)!!  All the out door rides etc were still working, although everyone who came off BTM had bright red noses! :P

Quotelooking forward to more photos... i wonder if you've got any of us in any of your photos as we were there from 4th jan to the 14th i think

I will carry on with next part of the trip report today. If you see yourself in any of my pictures let me know.  Thinking back if we had known we were there at same time we could have met for a coffee would love to meet people off here as your all so friendly.
Sequoia Lodge Feb 2004
DCR Feb 2005DCR Feb 2007
DCR Jan 2008
next trip DCR March 2012

pink_danio

thanks so much for a great report!!
Looks great in the winter, but a little cold :shock:

Disney Fanatic

Day 4

Woke up to -15 temperature outside, this was the coldest day we were there as temperatures didn't get above -12 that day.

Went into the kitchen to fill the kettle but no water came out of the taps, tried the bathroom but was the same...came to the conclusion water had frozen!!!  We telephoned reception to let them know and they said it was the same in the restaurant as well and some other cabins had also reported the same thing and that by the time we came back from the parks it would be fixed.  So we had breakfast with orange juice then headed to the parks where the first stop would be a hot chocolate.

We got our hot chocolate from Casey's corner and wandered over to FL.

Next stop PM, must say this is still one of my favourite rides there although some of the effects inside need to be repaired especially the dancing ghosts' as half the time the are not moving!!

After PM we decided not to go on BTM as it was so cold and didn't fancy the bright red noses!!
So we headed over to Fantasyland as we wanted to go on

The queue was about 20 minutes so we decided to wait. While in the queue I took some random pictures...

After PPF we headed on over to

Which had no queue.

We then walked over to Discoveryland, for a go on

All the effects were working in Buzz lightyears laser blast, but it kept breaking down but the scoring was still working so I managed to get my all time highest score!!!

After Discovery land we decided to go over to WDS because YDD wanted to see Stitch Live again and we also had a bit of time spare before OUADP in Disney Park
When we got to the studios we had some lunch then managed to get into the English version of Stitch Live straight away.

The show was funny as always then when we came out my husband went on ToT while I and the children walked around the studios just soaking in the atmosphere and I took some photos.

After my husband had come off ToT we made our way back to Disneyland Park ready for OUADP, I stopped to take some more pictures on the way out of WDS

As soon as we walked into Disneyland Park we could here the music for OUADP so we quickly got a spot and I began snapping away... (These are in no particular order)

After the OUADP we decided to head back to our cabin as it was so cold, and we wanted to book our food for the night and to see if the water was now back normal in the cabin so we could have a shower to thaw out.

When we got back to the cabin we telephoned and made our restaurant reservation, and checked the water which was now working yayyyy. We all took it in turns to have a shower then headed to Crockett's tavern for dinner. When we got to the restaurant we were told that the heating was broke and that we could either eat in the cold or go and buy some food from the shop and eat it back at the cabin, we asked howling the heating had been broke and they said all day, this was not mentioned to us when we telephoned to book our reservation!!!  We decided to eat in the tavern in the cold then we headed over to the bar for a drink and to warm up.

While in the bar we decided that due to us all feeling travel sick on the way over on the ferry we would telephone Euro tunnel in the morning and see if they had any room for the return Journey home on the 9th January.

After leaving the bar we decided to go and have a browse round the shop and buy some souvenirs, on the way we bumped into

And...

We then walked back to our cabin and headed to bed....tbc with an earlier then expected journey home!!!
Sequoia Lodge Feb 2004
DCR Feb 2005DCR Feb 2007
DCR Jan 2008
next trip DCR March 2012

The Butlin Boy

Great report DF, I've really enjoyed seeing it. Christmas really is an amazing time to go to DLP isn't it. I hope you enjoyed Davy Crockett as well; we always stay there because we all love it so much :P

Disney Fanatic

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Great report DF, I've really enjoyed seeing it. Christmas really is an amazing time to go to DLP isn't it. I hope you enjoyed Davy Crockett as well; we always stay there because we all love it so much :P

We love DCR Butlin Boy, we are going again in october and also march, i wouldnt stay anywhere else and the children feel the same too.

Just writing up the last day now.
Sequoia Lodge Feb 2004
DCR Feb 2005DCR Feb 2007
DCR Jan 2008
next trip DCR March 2012

Disney Fanatic

Day 5

Woke up bright and early had breakfast then headed down to reception to ask for the euro tunnel telephone number as we wanted to book our return journey home due to us all feeling sick on the ferry.

We were told by euro tunnel that the only available train home was today at 9.00pm, and we decided to take it as the ferry would have been early next morning so there would be no park visits tomorrow if we did stay!!  After booking the train we then headed into the parks....I took some photos along the way ...

After we got to the park, we did all the usual things like the rides etc,  and we thought as its the last day we would have one more quick walk around the park and take some pictures then head to Disney village to do our last bit of shopping and then go back to the cabin and pack.

So here's a selection of pictures that don't really fit anywhere in the report....

My last picture that I took before heading home

After this we went back to the cabin and packed and then headed to Calais for the euro tunnel, we were glad we left a bit earlier for the train as the mist was really bad and we had to drive really slowly!!

On getting back I wrote to Disney to tell them about the situation in the Crockett's tavern the night before with the heating and how we weren't told about it when I made the reservation.

2 weeks later I received a reply from Disney apologising and as a goodwill gesture they gave us 1 night and 2 days passes free for both parks, and we had 2 years in which to use the invite, so we are going back on 18th October, so thank you Disney.

Thank you all for reading, hope you enjoyed it and I look forward to writing my next one in a few weeks
Sequoia Lodge Feb 2004
DCR Feb 2005DCR Feb 2007
DCR Jan 2008
next trip DCR March 2012