DLRP Trip report 04.01.09 - 08.01.09 **Finished**

Started by Disney Fanatic, January 13, 2009, 01:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disney Fanatic

DAY 1
This is my first trip report so not sure how it will turn out but thought I would give it a go.
There was me Tracey, my husband Stef and my 3 children, Danielle 14, Alex 11 and Charley 7.
After leaving home at 12.00am Sunday morning we arrived at Dover at 5.00am, our ferry wasn't due to leave until 6.40am so we went inside the cafe and had a drink and watched a few other ferries leaving port.
Once we were on the ferry and set off things were goiing ok until we were about half hour into the sailing and we all felt sick, so we spent the rest of the time up on a freezing cold deck as this was the only place that we felt ok.
We arrived in Calais at 9.10

and boy werent we glad to get off the ferry, none of us were looking forward to the return journey (little was we to know we wouldnt be coming home on a ferry) but more about that later.

We eventually arrived at the Davy Crockett Ranch at 12.30pm, and what a shock we had waiting for us..the que for the reception was out of the doors and across the carpark. Myself and my daughter got in the que and 1 and a half hours later and freezing cold we got our park tickets and cabin keys and then headed off into the ranch to find our cabin. After unpacking and warming up we threw a few layers of clothes on and headed off to the parks.  We knew it would be busy as it was a sunday so wasnt expecting to go on much rides.
We decided to head into Disneyland park first

as we walked down main street usa we realised that Minnies Jolly Holiday ( I think thats what it was correct me if Im wrong) was on stage so we watched that for a bit

My youngest daughter then wanted to go and see the dragon so we headed under the castle

After seeing the dragon we headed over to our favourite ride POTC as this would be the only day that we would be able to go on it, there was a 30 minute wait but it seemed more like 10 mins.  As always we all loved the ride but its obvious that the scene with the pirates sword fighting needed to be reset as they were totally out of sync etc.

We then did Buzz Lightyears Laser Blast and Phantom Manor then decided to head back to the Ranch as we had been awake for nearly 36 hours and were all really tired.
I took some pictures walking back up Main Street USA

then we got some sandwhiches when we got back to the ranch ate them then went to bed....not aware of how beautiful it would look outside the next morning.

To be continued......
Sequoia Lodge Feb 2004
DCR Feb 2005DCR Feb 2007
DCR Jan 2008
DCR Jan 2009DCR Halloween 2009.......
next trip DCR March 2012

ColdSun

great start, I'm looking forward to read the rest and see more pictures :D

Epcot_Boy

Well for a first trip report that was excellent =D>

But leaving for the Ferry at 12.00 am on a winters morning :shock:  that's dedication :lol:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

The Butlin Boy

Great report and photos, I really enjoyed seeing them, I'm looking forward to seeing the rest :)

Getyogrooveon

Thanks for a great first part.
"Eveything is automatic - this is Disney" [CM on the rollercoaster simulator in the Studios - Nov 2004]

05.92 Newport Bay
09.01 Santa Fe
11.03 Cheyenne
11.05 Sequoia Lodge
11.06 Cheyenne
11.07 Cheyenne
12.08 Cheyenne
08.10 Saratoga Springs - Walt Disney World
11.10 Cheyenne

Disney Fanatic

DAY 2

For the past 5 years we have always gone to disney in january and Ive always wished for it to snow but sadly it never has....until now :D/
Got woken up about 10.30 to my ds shouting look out the window its snowing, we were all out of bed quicker then you could say disneyland!!
Grabbed my camera and took a few pictures

After we had breakfast we all put about 5 layers of clothes on and then headed out

to Disneyland Park

We took out annual pictures outside the Disney Hotel and instead of sunny blue skies this time we had snowy pictures

We had a look through some of the shops on Main Street when we got into the park and then headed towards frontierland where we grabbed fast passes for myself and ds for BTM.  We then went on phontom Manor as this had become ydd favourite ride. As we still had an hour before BTM we headed over to Adventure Isle for a walk on the rickity bridge but it was closed due to the ice so I took a few more pictures

we then went back over to BTM and went through fastpass and straight onto the next train, it was bitter with all the snow blowing in our faces but the ride seemed a lot smoother to me this year and a bit faster.  After BTM we went back in phomtom manor for another warm.

Grabbed a hotdog for lunch and then headed to Fantasy land where we did Snow White, Peter Pan and IASW.
As it was getting colder as the evening drew closer we decided to head back to the Ranch and get ready for dinner as were were going to Croketts Tavern where we were meeting friends for the night.

Strolled back down Main Street and then had a quick look around Disney Village as it was quiet then headed back to our car

After booking the resturant then all having baths and getting ready we went down to Croketts Tavern, where I must say 91 euros for us all to eat is a lot of money especially where pound for euro is matched these days but i think theres a lot of choice available, chips, chicken nuggets, fish, meats, pasta, salad, cheeses, and so many desserts i cant name them all,  and you can eat as much as you like and the children all eat a great deal there and enjoy it so to us its worth the money.

After dinner oursleves and our friends went into the saloon for a drink, but at 6.50 euros a pint and 6.50 euros for a vodka and coke we didnt stay long.

Took some pictures of the children outside in the snow

and of them making a snowman out side the cabin

Then we had a few drinks inside the cabin which we had brought with us and watched some tv (the news) and then all went to bed where we were all fast asleep before our heads touched the pillow
Sequoia Lodge Feb 2004
DCR Feb 2005DCR Feb 2007
DCR Jan 2008
next trip DCR March 2012

ColdSun

great update, great pictures...thanks a lot for sharing. I can imagine that the Ranch with the snow was a truly beautiful sight.

Epcot_Boy

Looks like the Seagull was enjoying himself (Herself) as well :wink:

Nice update..........but it does look pretty cold :shock:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

The Butlin Boy

Another great update, I'm glad you finally got to see some snow at DLRP, it looks beautiful in the snow doesn't it :)

disneyloverjessie

good report so far!!!
\'when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you\' - Pinocchio

\'A dream is a wish your heart makes\' - Cinderella<3

Hotel New York = 10 times
Sequoia Lodge = 1 time

[size=150]Disneyland Paris<3[/size]

SophieD

Great Trip report and pictures so far Disney Fanatic!! Can't wait to read more :) :)
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

disneyloverjessie

Snow looks like that here now!!!! We have bout 4-6 inches!!!!!! Looking foward to day 3!
\'when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you\' - Pinocchio

\'A dream is a wish your heart makes\' - Cinderella<3

Hotel New York = 10 times
Sequoia Lodge = 1 time

[size=150]Disneyland Paris<3[/size]

lynny

looking forward to the rest........ :)
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

Disney Fanatic

Firstly can i apologise for not finishing this report, had a few family probs over last few months but all sorted now.

if anyone wishes i can finish the rest of the report this week and mend the broken links to pictures already posted?
Sequoia Lodge Feb 2004
DCR Feb 2005DCR Feb 2007
DCR Jan 2008
next trip DCR March 2012

Rorschach

Quote from: "Disney Fanatic"if anyone wishes i can finish the rest of the report this week and mend the broken links to pictures already posted?
That would be nice :)