20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (2012)

Started by peep, January 07, 2009, 11:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peep

Yep, the director of Terminator: Salvation (released later this year) has just been confirmed to be re-making Disney's most famous live action film.

NEWS STORY
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Javey74

I hope it goes really well.. :wink:  :D

Pete's Dragon

Oh........................dear  :?

Two words : Not McG !!!!

To quote any of the Star Wars films, "I've got a bad feeling about this"

The Butlin Boy

This is an interesting and unexpected move by Disney, I hope it's good though. Perhaps it'll get more people through the Nautilus doors at DLRP :wink:

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"This is an interesting and unexpected move by Disney, I hope it's good though. Perhaps it'll get more people through the Nautilus doors at DLRP :wink:

I hope the film will have a bit more going for it than Nautilus at DLRP :lol:  :wink:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Anthony

There's one important detail though:

QuoteThe new movie will follow the origin of the captain as he assembles his famous sub warship, the Nautilus.

Bill Marsilli is the man behind the script, which will take its characters from Jules Verne's original novel.
Which actually doesn't sound too bad.

If it captures just 1% of the atmosphere and attention to detail of DLP's Nautlius...

Pete's Dragon

QuoteThe new movie will follow the origin of the captain as he assembles his famous sub warship, the Nautilus.

Bill Marsilli is the man behind the script, which will take its characters from Jules Verne's original novel.

Could be the start of a franchaise if they're going to deal with the origin. Then again with McG at the helm (uuhhh pun, sigh) its more likely to be a shipwreck (uuuuhhhh, another one)

-breeno-

I'm interested in how this will be done, it says it will be based on the novel but how much will it be?  I use the Italian Job remake as an example, they said it was based on the brilliant 1969 original but the only thing similar to it was the name and the fact they used Mini Coopers in it :?   Hopefully it'll be good though.

It seems i'm relying on this director on two films now, i'm hoping he can do a good job of 20,000 Leagues and i just pray he does Terminator 4 well, the 3rd was the worst out of the 3 and that's because the director from 1 and 2 didn't do it (or doing the fourth) so he has to prove himself better than the last guy and if they want to make a new trilogy (it's been confirmed i believe) he better be good, and he better find Arnie's phone number when he's doing the casting for 5 and 6 ;)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Anthony

I had no idea who this mysterious McG is, but Wikipedia informs me:

QuoteHis films (as director) include Charlie's Angels, and its sequel Full Throttle as well as We Are Marshall. His television series credits include Fastlane, The O.C., Supernatural, Chuck and Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search For the Next Doll.
Seriously?  Seriously?!

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Anthony"I had no idea who this mysterious McG is, but Wikipedia informs me:

QuoteHis films (as director) include Charlie's Angels, and its sequel Full Throttle as well as We Are Marshall. His television series credits include Fastlane, The O.C., Supernatural, Chuck and Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search For the Next Doll.
Seriously?  Seriously?!

Yip, the man who relaunched Charlie's Angels. Also the man who killed any chance of a three-quel. I mean, then man cant be trusted with his own franchaise, yet they give give the Terminator to nuture  :?  The man is an idiot, his MTV music-video style is like Baz Lurman's except without any skill to back it up ( and dont get me started on Baz either!!!). So don't expect me to await for baited breath for this McRemake.

The Butlin Boy

From Comingsoon.net

QuoteWho Does McG Want for Captain Nemo?
Source: Latino Review
January 14, 2009

Latino Review talked to Terminator Salvation director McG, who let slip that he wants Will Smith to star in his just-announced 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Captain Nemo at Disney.

"The character Nemo in this film is more about obsession, he is obsessed and people tend to forget that when you become so obsessed you end up being the villain," McG told the site, adding "Man I'm trying to get Will Smith to do it, been trying to get a hold of him. I've been wanting to work with him for a long time already. That guy's great."

The film is an origin story of Nemo as he creates his warship, the Nautilus. The characters come from the Jules Verne novel.

:arrow: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51930

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"been trying to get a hold of him. I've been wanting to work with him for a long time already. That guy's great."

1) As much as I like Will Smith, only McG would envision him as being perfect for the role ](*,)  ](*,)  ](*,)

2)If I were Mr. Smith I wouldnt answer McG's phone calls either.  :?

-breeno-

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"
Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"been trying to get a hold of him. I've been wanting to work with him for a long time already. That guy's great."

1) As much as I like Will Smith, only McG would envision him as being perfect for the role ](*,)  ](*,)  ](*,)

2)If I were Mr. Smith I wouldnt answer McG's phone calls either.  :?

Indeed, i'm a big Will Smith fan (Independence Day, MIB etc he is great in them all, even Fresh Price was brilliant :mrgreen: ) but i don't think he suits the role for this, and as PD says only McG would think it.  Makes me think if he does get Smith which one will we get?  The comedy Fresh Price style Will Smith or the serious Pursuit of Happiness style Will Smith?  Still i don't think he should do it, would be a recipe for disaster for him i think, so Mr. Smith is you are reading this (why he would be i don't know :lol: ) if the phone rings and it's McG ignore it, please [-o<  :P
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

peep

I don't like Will Smith, he was ok in MIB, Fresh Prince but other than that he just annoys me.

I'm quite intrigued by this film, especially with McG at the helm, I haven't seen any of his work but the new Terminator looks great.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "peep"I'm quite intrigued by this film, especially with McG at the helm, I haven't seen any of his work but the new Terminator looks great.

I'm sorry Peep (and hoping not to cause offence to your opinion), but if you watch Charlie's Angels 2 (Full throttle or whatever the tagline is) I can categorically state that you would not be as intrigued. Apart for Uwe Bol, who is a walking joke in Hollywood, McG is one of the biggest hack-jobs in the history of Hollwood.