Trip Report 24-28th of dec. with photos + video

Started by mikek1357, December 28, 2008, 07:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikek1357

Hiya People,

Just got back from Disneyland Resort Paris, I had a great time there. Will report back soon. Took about 300 photos and almost 4 hours of videotape. Hope to place them online soon.  :mickey2:

A small preview photo below  :D

Day 1,

After having a nice drive from The Netherlands to Paris, we arrived at around 16:00 at the Dream Castle Hotel, Staff was very friendly. Upon arrival our room wasn't cleaned yet, so personnel was so friendly to give us a bigger room at no extra cost. We unpacked a bit and went to the Disneyland Park in a very, very crowded shuttle bus, at around 19:00.  

We were just in time for the Candlebration, and seeing that castle light up is very magical indeed. At 20:30 we headed to the Wild West Show that we booked. It was an excellent show, despite the fact that the food that I was to busy filming the show, so my food got a bit cold. Great show, with the added bonus of the guys doing an extra bit for christmas. Santa entered the stage and layed down some presents for the cowboys. After the show we headed back to the hotel for a good night sleep, driving makes you tired.

Day 2,

Christmas day, we entered the Disney Park and were just in time for Minie's Jolly Holiday show, after watching that, we went to see the Mickey's Winterwonderland show. Went in some rides and watched the once upon a dream parade. It was freeeeezing cold in the park, which made us go to the hotel at around 8 pm.

Day 3,

This day we went and see the Disney Studios Park, I loved that Park, loved the Armageddon ride, despite being short. I just love movies. Did the studio tram tour, went to see the Cinemagique and Animagique shows, very enjoyable, the Ani-one is especially good for kids. Great Moteurs Action stuntshow, they couldnt do everything they normally do, cause of icing.

When back in the hotel we slept, till midnight. Someone smoked in their room and thus turned the fire alarm on. Hotel personnell was already evacuating people.

Day 4,

We went back to the Disney Park again to see some awesome shows, The Legend of the Lion King being one of my favourites. Went in other good rides. They cue for Peter pan's Flight was very long, never been in it before I was dissapointed at how short it was.

Day 5,

The Great return.

Overall The Disney parks were great, loved alot of it, the food is overpriced to say the least, good thing we had half board vouchers for our dinners. Personnel was friendly overall, some seemed to have a bad day, but we all have that occasionally. Great atmosphere, almost forgot, the Candlebration was GREAT!!!, seeing that castle light up is feeling like a kid again.

I put some photos of our trip below, will put some videos up on youtube when i'm done editing.

Tubbyherman

Looking forward to it. Looks like the weather was beautiful.

The Butlin Boy

That's a brilliant photo, I can't wait to see the rest of them :) I'm glad you had a great time :wink:

disney-dan

i hope u have a photo like that one but in landscape, ill set it as my wallpaper :D
Have a Magical day!!

DD

mikek1357

Quote from: "disney-dan"i hope u have a photo like that one but in landscape, ill set it as my wallpaper :D

Not really, lol. But I can crop it a bit so you can use it as a wallpaper. What resolution do you need it in?

Report will take a short while as i'm now editing my tapes.  :mickey2:

mikek1357

Added a small youtube video of my time there.

Best wishes for 2009.

[youtube:238sqrvo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YYKvw8FBrw[/youtube:238sqrvo]

mikek1357

Added some photos from my trip.

That's batch 1 for you, two more to follow.

mikek1357

And here is batch 2 of photos I took.

Thats batch 2 of 3

mikek1357

And batch 3 of 3

ColdSun

I love those pictures, they are all absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing :D !!!

Pete's Dragon

Absolutely fantastic photos!! Some interesting angles. More more MORE!!!!

SophieD

great photos mikek1357! Cannot wait to see more!
You had really great weather! i was there a week before and all i had was thick fog and sub zero temperatures!!  :D  :D
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Epcot_Boy

Loved the Snowman =D>  :wink:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

mikek1357

Quote from: "SophieD"great photos mikek1357! Cannot wait to see more!
You had really great weather! i was there a week before and all i had was thick fog and sub zero temperatures!!  :D  :D

Well, the sub zero temps were still there, it was litteraly freeeeezing. Not fun when you know you can stay till 10 pm and gotta return to the hotel at around 8 pm cause of frostbite. Took me about 3 hours in the warm hotel to get warm again.

Thermal underwear and clothing for a next trip during winter ;-)

SophieD

Quote from: "mikek1357"
Quote from: "SophieD"great photos mikek1357! Cannot wait to see more!

Well, the sub zero temps were still there, it was litteraly freeeeezing. Not fun when you know you can stay till 10 pm and gotta return to the hotel at around 8 pm cause of frostbite. Took me about 3 hours in the warm hotel to get warm again.

Thermal underwear and clothing for a next trip during winter ;-)

it really was freeeeeezing, my sister had like 5 layers of clothes on and she was still cold! And to top it off our heating didn't work in our room!
the park was open really late for you, it closed at 8 when i was there :(
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney