Second star to the right and straight on till morning! ...

Started by Clarebelle, December 13, 2008, 07:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

Clarebelle's Christmas 08 Trip report

Sunday 7th Dec.

With some help from some special friends :tink: :peter:  and a little pixie dust! :wink:  we set off on the first part of our magical journey to the most magic kingdom of them all! (with the best castle  :P )

We had intended to do some Christmas shopping around London, heading to Covent Garden, but me being me, and easily distracted (by flashing/bright lights, pretty colours, animals, anything disney related :roll: ) typically I found something to distract my attention...

So we gave up on the shopping and headed to Oxford Circus to take a look around the Apple Store  :D

Taaaa Daaaa!!!!!

... and then it was on to Hamleys! (Chris' first visit! :shock:  unbelievable I know!)

Where I met some friends  :D  ...

DOBBY!!!!

Look at WALL_E's little Santa hat! awwwwwww!!!!

By this time we were both getting hungry, we had had a lot of distractions :lol:
We had planned to have an early dinner at Planet Hollywood, and had high expectations as we have eaten at the DLRP one many times, It was OK, but thats it, just OK. Very much prefer the French one, cleaner, food seems fresher and all around just a better atmosphere in my oppinion :oops:

We were seated in the Horror area? surrounded by memorabilia from the Alien films (were not huge fans) We did however spot a very special Celebrity ....

*Under Construction*

5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Javey74

Thanks for sharing your London experience Clarebelle, look forward to reading some more.. Nice photos :D/  :D/  :D/

The Butlin Boy

Great start to your trip report, I can't wait for the rest :)

BTW, I love that shirt :lol:  :P

never2old

Great start Clarebelle!

The Christmas decorations in the Apple shop and Hamleys look really nice! I haven't been to Regent Street for Christmas for ages, makes me really miss it!!

Looking forward to the rest!

Looking forward to the rest... =D>
Sequoia Lodge 2007
Sequoia Lodge 2008
2011 DCR Yipeee 3rd Christmas as DLP!!

bigrossco

great so far clare cant wait for more
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Aveen2008

Can't wait to read more! :D  Great start!!

Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

Thanks Everyone!

The Butlin Boy: Its a goot shirt lol. I might have to buy it for my bf :P

Nevertoold: I sure dont miss how busy it gets on Oxford and Regent Street!

After Planet Hollywood, we decided to walk it off, and headed to Charing Cross and over to Trafalgar to take some pictures :D

Then it was back to the hotel, a nice warm bath and early to bed, ready for tomorrow :d
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

bigrossco

aww the london eye looks so nice all lit up

Wiosh u hurry up and get to your disney pics:D
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

never2old

More great pictures Clare!! Keep them coming!

The Butlin Boy

Wow, those photos are amazing, I can't wait to see the DLRP ones :wink: Thanks again :)

Epcot_Boy

I lived in London for some 20 years but haven't been back for many a year.....so the pics were very interesting :wink:  Thanks for that =D>

Looking forward to DLRP report :)

Epcoy_Boy :santa:

David

SophieD

Great pics Clarebelle!! I love London at Christmas!  :D  :D
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

ColdSun

nice pictures, I really love London. Now I'm really looking forward to your Disney pictures :D .

Javey74

Great night shot photo's Clarebelle, looking forward to the rest.. :D/  :D