Nala's Christmas Trip 30/11-2/12/2008 - Day 3

Started by Nala_84, December 10, 2008, 05:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nala_84

Here it is, the final part today :(! But with lots of pics ;)!

Day 3: Tuesday, 2nd December 2008

When the alarm woke us up at 7.45am, I began to turn very sad. This should be the beginning of our last day at the wonderful Disneyland Resort Paris, and I am pretty sure that we won't be able to return before end of 2010 :(! So I decided to enjoy the third day as much as possible, got myself ready at the bathroom and packed all our stuff. A last look at our very cosy room, and then we took all our stuff into the car before we went to the breakfast. This day it was at 9 am in the Beaver Creek Tavern – we even had scrambled eggs today, and again lots of other yummy food like fruit salad, yoghurt, rolls, cereals and of course croissants.

We arrived at the Walt Disney Studios Park around 10.15 today. The weather was finally much better today, no rain and the sun came out from time to time :)! So the Christmas decorations looked much better and brighter today:

Then it was time for another premiere for me – the easy-to-scare-one: My first ride ever on Rock'n'Roller Coaster!! Marc rode it first last year and told me that it'd be much fun and less bumpy than SM:M2. Also many forum friends encouraged me to give it a try, and I guess I didn't have any chance :D!

And, what shall I say... my heart was beating fast, very fast! When we stood in the queue, we got to get in the very first car, first row. So I could see the countdown display better :lol: The fast start, which I thought I would be most afraid of, was great!!! :) I screamed so much, as always, but again loved it in the end! And because of the fact I insisted on buying the onride pic as a proof for my "courage", and we both looked onto the floor on the pic – we rode again as there was no queue ;)! I already posted the picture in the "Onride-photos"-thread.

So we had a good start with much adrenaline in the morning, and as Crush's Coaster was broken down all the morning – which got me very disappointed – it was now time for Marc to discover the Tower of Terror, another first-time-ride. I, the scared one, went to the Place des Stars instead and took a photo from Minnie and Daisy, who where surrounded by many kids this morning:

I then went to AODA and learned how to draw Winnie the Pooh. "Parfait, Madame" was the nice comment of our teacher :)!

When I was finished, I synchronized a few Disney scenes on the screens and then Marc came to meet me after ToT. He loved it, especially the themeing! Who knows, maybe that's my next first-one-ride in 2010 lol!
It was shortly before 12 o'clock and so we had to hurry up a bit, as I really wanted to get a picture with Santa Goofy taken – this was the last chance! I planned to take photos with so many more characters, but unfortunately we only got one with me and Aurora/Phillippe and one with Goofy. No Belle and Beast, no Christmas-dressed Mickey and Minnie, no princess.

So we went to the Disneyland Park – good bye, WDS – and queued for Santa Goofy. The Park decorations looked so much nicer today in the sun glance!

The queue was okay and not too long (instead of the Mickey one :shock:!), so I finally got at least my picture with Santa Goofy :)!

As Marc never wants to pose with Characters, I told him to stand next to the Christmas tree :mrgreen:

While strolling towards Fantasyland, we played Paparazzi again and today we finally spotted Aladdin with Jasmine :)! Unfortunately it took Marc too long to get the camera out of the bag, so that we missed Belle and her Prince who were leaving the Stage when we arrived. But I also like the Aladdin/Jasmin pics, the queue was too long to pose with them together. Jasmine looked beautiful I think:

In Fantasyland, we walked through the beautiful looking Christmas Village and got ourself a hot tomato soup!

...And we spotted many, many Alice-Characters next to Mad Hatters Tea Cups: Mad Hatter himself, the Queen of Hearts, Tweedle Dee & Dum and the Rabbit, but no Alice! When we arrived, they already "ran" away quickly, but at least I got a shot from 2 of them:

I like this pic, it's so funny: The Rabbit, "I have got no time!!", then Marc followed by the Queen of Hearts, "Kill him!!" :mrgreen:

Then we went to Alice's Curious Labyrinth – to be more precise, we went to the blue caterpillar, as we always took a picture of me there since 1992 :mrgreen:

And one of the Cinderella statue:

After such a cuddly, fantastic and small world, we wanted to enjoy the rest of adventure this day and so we went to – yeah, right – Adventureland ;)!
First another ride through the Caribbean....

...we had again the courage to discover Indy's Temple!

As there were no other Characters left to meet'n'greet at this time, we thought about meeting Jack Sparrow again, like we did last year! But instead of me "posing" next to him, I forced Marc to do so :P! It's such a pity that I had to discover that the lense was dirty – after I've taken the picture of them :roll: Plus Marc's tummy seems much bigger than it is, another pose was hardly possible by hundreds of pushing kids :mrgreen:

We strolled a bit through Frontierland then and used a Fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain. Yeeehaaa, BTM, last ride for this year – see you soon, hopefully!
Trying to take a picture of ourselves in the tunnel lol:

Marc's left foot was hurting pretty much, he made a "wrong step" and to give his feet a little rest, we decided to wait – yes, really – 25 minutes for the Railroad to arrive at Frontierland Depot!
We stepped off at Main Street Station and quickly went near the Candleabration-Stage to film the Once Upon A Dream Parade and take pictures of it – this was the first and last time of our trip we saw it :(.

So we enjoyed it even more...

... also the cute Christmas Section which we saw for the first time :)...

... and as we wanted to take the tripod for the evening again, we walked through the Discovery Arcade and watched the parade again, beginning with the Peter Pan float ;)

So a last look & picture of the Christmas Tree on Main Street in the light...

... and then we went back to the car to take the tripod.
There was much traffic towards the Hotel again and so we arrived back at the Disneyland Park a bit late. A bit too late – again! – to get the perfect spot for the Enchanted Candlebration, which got me really upset! At least Marc could film the wonderful show very well, but I couldn't get good photos as we stood many meters in front of the stage, plus – it began to rain a bit again :shock:

"Oh, Mickey, it's beautiful, c'est magnifique!"

"One man's dreeeam"... loved that song during the show, so magical! :)

It was still freezing cold and the drizzly rain was a bit annoying, too. So we decided not to watch Fantillusion again this evening – although this was sad, the parade is awesome! – and found a place in the Cable Car Bake Shop where we had a last hot chocolate and a sooo yummy brownie. What a chocolate explosion :mrgreen:
At around 6.50 pm we left the most wonderful place in the world :(...

Good bye, Disneyland!! We'll come back!

... and stepped into Disney Village, where we queued to get a place at Annette's Diner – you may believe it or not, it was also the first time for us there ;)!
We didn't have to wait long and got a nice place on the first floor at around 7.20 pm. We had the "Green Piece" Veggie Burger – oh my God, what a delicious thing!! It was a great dinner after 3 great Disney days! We also shared an Oreo Cookie Milk Shake which was so yummy, too!

With filled tummies, we started our last "shopping round" at the Village. That's a little "tradition", too, that Marc and I get separated for some "individual shopping" in the end ;)! I found some nice stuff and enjoyed strolling through the Disney Store and the Gallery. We met again in the Lobby of the Sequoia Lodge and I went into the shop of the hotel because I totally forgot to buy any Christmas merchandise. I found a little Mickey plushie in a santa costume, it should have played a song but unfortunately I didn't test if it worked lol!

It was 9.20 pm now and we started our drive back home. I looked out of the car window until I couldn't see the flashing spot lights of the Studios anymore, and I began to cry – I hate it to leave DLRP :(! Plus the weather was so bad that we drove longer than awaited and didn't get home before 4.30 am :shock:

The only thing that can cheer me up is that Marc always promises me that we get back sooner or later :)! And: on the next day, Marc gave me a little present: Next to my Jim Shore Bambi, there was suddenly a Jim Shore Mickey – the one that I also would have loved to buy !! With those nice accessoires, I hope the long waiting time of 2 years is easier to take ;)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Epcot_Boy

A wonderful read as aways =D>

Although a veggie burger I bet there was a few calories in that meal.........looks yummy though :lol:

Epcot_Boy :santa:

David

bigrossco

Yet another good report and good pics :D

Cant believe it was your first ride on RNRRC  did you ever go on TOT or to scared? as its well worth going on and would recommend it :)

When I went to get a pic with Mickey Mouse there was virtual no que! and was not waiting long to meet him wooopie :D

I bet you cant wait till you go back again!  I am missing it so much :(
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Samninetysix

Looks like you and Marc really enjoyed yourselves Nala, the photo's are excellent and Jayna62 and me loved your report :D

never2old

What can I say Nala, once again, amazing, gorgeous pictures!! Thank you very much!!

Javey74

Fantastic 3rd and final day Trip Report Nala.. =D>  =D>  =D>

As ever brilliant shots to add to the mood, thanks again for sharing such a touching experience... :wink:  :D

Lilmiss

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!  :D
Your photos are great  :D/

Well done for RnRC - i'm still not sure if i would have the courage to go on it  :oops:  

The Butlin Boy

Yet another great trip report and even more fantastic photos Nala, thanks for sharing them :)

I'm glad you had such a great trip, and that you get to go back soon :wink:

dagobert

Hi Nala!

Great trip report and pictures again.

We are glad that you and boyfriend enjoyed the veggie burger at Annette's Diner! It is one of our favorite meals at DLRP! It would be fun to meet you there one day and we would all order the veggie burger! :D

I'm very sorry for you that you can't return to DLRP next year. We are planning to go during Halloween season next year and we want to stay at the Seqoia Lodge, too. Let's hope that our plan works out.

MizzRabbit

Wow! Your pictures are superb. What kind of camera have you got? I really enjoyed reading your report and I hope you'll be going again before 2010. Looks like you had an awsome time! :D

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Javey74

Quote from: "MizzRabbit"Wow! Your pictures are superb. What kind of camera have you got? I really enjoyed reading your report and I hope you'll be going again before 2010. Looks like you had an awsome time! :D
Funny, I asked the same question about the camera and got this reply from the 2nd Day Trip Report>>

Quote from: "Nala_84"javey We used two cameras, the small one is the one we already used last year: A Canon Powershot A620, for the "usual" pictures.
For the night shots (except BTM above) and to catch things that are more far away (f.e. the "Paparazzi"-pics of the princesses on the stage) we used our Canon SLR EOS 400D, with a new tele lense (Canon EF 70-300 mm IS USM). We don't have it so long, both the camera and the lense, so we're still testing it ;)!  

Owain

Great Trip Report Nala, hope you had a great time !  :)

ColdSun

What a lovely conclusion! Those pictures are definetely gorgeous, especially the close-ups during the parade. And of course it was fun to read your report, congrats for going onto RnRc, haen't been there myself...way too scared. I'm really crossing my fingers for you that you can return before the end of 2010!!!

Disney Fanatic

Thank you for such a wonderful trip report and you have really great pictures.

Im even more excited for my trip now as I have never been when it has been the christmas season
Sequoia Lodge Feb 2004
DCR Feb 2005DCR Feb 2007
DCR Jan 2008
DCR Jan 2009DCR Halloween 2009.......
next trip DCR March 2012

x-charlotte-x

I love your picture of whinnie the pooh, its excellent!  :mrgreen:

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York