Nala's Christmas Trip 30/11-2/12/2008 - Day 2

Started by Nala_84, December 07, 2008, 10:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nala_84

Day 2: Monday, 1st December 2008

After a wonderful and deep sleep we woke up around 6.45 am on Monday morning. At 7.45 am we had our breakfast at the Hunter's Grill – the atmosphere so cosy, the food so yummy ;)!

We enjoyed the breakfast very much and didn't mind we couldn't catch much of the Extra Magic Hours, so we went to the Disneyland Park around 9.15 am. We went straight to Discoveryland and as Star Tours wasn't open yet, we decided to ride Space Mountain first. So much adrenaline in the morning!! I screamed as always, but again loved it in the end! After that we queued for Star Tours and then went to Buzz Lightyear: Laserblast straightly.

That was enough Discoveryland for us – for Autopia, which we never rode before, it was still too wet and rainy – so we made our way to Fantasyland. On the Castle Stage, there was a huge queue for the Princess meet'n'greet, so we played "Paparazzi" and took some pics of Ariel & Eric on the stage. No problem for our brand new zoom objective, we stood on the banks in front of the stage! ;)

A look at the programme told us that we had a little time left before the Sleeping Beauty mini-show would begin, so we decided to go on the Mad Hatter's Tea Cups which we never went on before. It was much fun :)!

Then it was time to watch Once Upon A Time: Sleeping Beauty for the first time (warning: many pictures :D), which was a cute little show!

After the mini-show I got the chance to get a picture with the dancers...

... and, luckily, the last picture with Aurora & Philippe, before they left! There was much time to meet them, but there were too many children *g*

We then climbed the castle – first me, then my boyfriend – to try again our tele objective. Yeah! ;)

While strolling towards Main Street, we discovered Aladdin on the Castle Stage now – unfortunately without Jasmine, but with the Genie! So we took a "Paparazzi"-pic again :)!

On Town Square we started queuing for a meet'n'greet with Santa Goofy, but unfortunately after 10 minutes he left :(!

But while he left, the music of the Characters Express began to play and so we walked behind the little Train and took some pics. But, which I didn't know: The Express didn't stop anymore to meet the characters, it simply drove its route.

So we went into Frontierland and looked at Santa's Christmas Village which we've never seen before. And Santa crossed our way ;)!

Yeeeehaaa!!

Then we went to the Chaparral Stage to watch Mickey's Winter Wonderland, also for the first time ever! We were amazed, this show is so cute and subscribes the winter atmosphere perfectly! Warning, again maaany pictures, which came out pretty nice I think ;)!

Today everything was much more according to my plan, and when the show was finished, time has come for our reservation at the beautiful Agrabah Café – another thing we went to for the very first time, finally ;)! The restaurant was pretty empty, the atmosphere was so great and food was – superbe :)! They had sooo much yummy food, even for us Vegetarians, to choose from. It was something totally different, we had different salads, vegetable lasagne and divine deserts – it was really awesome, I would like to return to the Agrabah Café next time!

We then went back – with full tummies – to Frontierland where we had a romantic "drive" with Madame Molly Brown. After it we visited the 999 ghosts at Phantom Manor and got a Fastpass for BTM. During the waiting time we rode Indiana Jones...

... and – another premiere for us – Dumbo the flying elephant!

We answered a little questionnaire about the ride, asked by a friendly Castmember! Then time had come to go back and ride Big Thunder Mountain, our favourite attraction:

So much fun in the dawn of the day :)!

While Marc went back to the hotel to take the tripod, I did a bit of shopping on Main Street and took some photos in the dark.

Unfortunately Marc arrived a bit late – the shuttle buses were so late because of the traffic, so that he had to walk to the hotel and back to the park! So we again didn't get a good place to watch the Enchanted Candleabration, but we decided to get a good spot for Fantillusion early that night. And at least that worked ;)!
So here are the pics of Fantillusion, although they may take the illusion because I had to use the flash:

This was the Belle we already met on the Castle Stage last September (2007)! :)

When Fantillusion finished, the park was closing and we went back to the hotel. There we packed a bag and went to the Quarry Pool and swam a few rounds through the pool. To finish that great Disney day – except the still bad weather – we found a cosy place in the Redwood Bar & Lounge, I had a cocktail named "Bear Hug", Marc had a beer and we shared some nachos. Cheers & good night! :)

[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

burntsienna

Another fantastic trip report amazing photographs!
Can't wait to read and see more  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Javey74

Brilliant second day Trip Report Nala.. :D/  :D/

Things definitely seem to be improving for you that day... :D

Love the photo's you took on Mickey's Winter Wonderland, especially the Donald ones... :mrgreen:  Vanessa likes the Chip & Dale ones too.. :mrgreen:

Brilliant photos, what camera are you using.. :?:  :)

Looking forward to the rest.. :D/  :D

bigrossco

another great report and your looking nice int he photos :D POSER :P
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

The Butlin Boy

Another great trip report, and your photos are amazing, I love them all, I can't wait for your other reports :)

Mr_B

Hi Nala,

Great trip report and fantastic pictures  =D>

Looking forward to the next installment

Keep enjoying the magic !

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

ColdSun

those pictures are absolutely amazing and so is the report. Good to hear that the second day went better and you could do so many things (and so many for the first time :P ). Looking forward to the rest.

Pete's Dragon

love the photos, they look very professional. can't wait for more!!

dagobert

Thank you for your answer and great report again!!

never2old

Great report Nala, and again amazing pictures!!! Thank you very much for that!!

We too love Agrabah Cafe - did you try the lentil salad??? It's delicious!!

Aveen2008

Hey, another great report of your days at disneyland paris!

loved the photos, your camera is fantastic!! I wish mine was that good, i never seem to get the right one!

I am confused why the character express didn't stop, are you sure the meet and greet wasn't over and it was going back in?? I have never seen it come out and not stop, if it did that then there must have been something wrong! Your so lucky you spotted Alice, i really want to meet her hehe!

Oh and your photos of the Agrabah Cafe looked Yummy hehe!

You got to do many first's which is great, i love dumbo, it's such a cute ride! :D  One of my favs because it's such a classic!

Can't wait to read and see more! :D

Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

Thank you for your reports, they have made me feel really christmassy and your pictures have really cheered me up (trying to ignore the thread about the crowds last weekend!!!!) :lol:
Cant wait to get there, thank you :D
Sequoia Lodge 2007
Sequoia Lodge 2008
2011 DCR Yipeee 3rd Christmas as DLP!!

Riebi

You have always such nice pictures nala! Really a pleasure to read your reports!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

SophieD

I love all your report and pics Nala!! especially the ones of Sleeping Beauty!!
Looking forward to reading more :D  :D
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Nala_84

Aw thank you, it's so nice to hear that you like it :)!! Thanks for all your nice comments!

javey, I'm glad you like the Donald pics, he was so funny in the show ;)!
We used two cameras, the small one is the one we already used last year: A Canon Powershot A620, for the "usual" pictures.
For the night shots (except BTM above) and to catch things that are more far away (f.e. the "Paparazzi"-pics of the princesses on the stage) we used our Canon SLR EOS 400D, with a new tele lense (Canon EF 70-300 mm IS USM). We don't have it so long, both the camera and the lense, so we're still testing it ;)!

bigrosso, lol yeah right, I must confess I am a terrible poser  :P That's surely because I look awful on spontaneous pics ;)!

never2old, the Agrabah Café is so wonderful, isn't it? Oh I don't remember if I tried the lentil salad, too, I just tried to put everything that is for Vegetarians onto my plate - 2 or 3 times :mrgreen:

Aveen, it was really strange, I alos knew the characters express would stop and the characters would step off! But we followed it from Main Street and when I took a photo of Alice (I also would have loved to have a picture together with her, never seen her before :(), it stood still for a minute or so, and then it drove again towards Main Street ... really strange!

Newbie, I'm glad that I could cheer you up with the pics and I can promise you, you will have so much fun - also if it's crowded, it also was on our first day (Sunday), but you get used to it and the decorations and shows during Christmas Season can make you so happy :)!

So now I'll post our last day, what a pity... ;)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]