Have you seen a character on a ride?

Started by Bettan, November 27, 2008, 06:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bettan

I think it would be funny to see for example Donald Duck in Le Carrousel de Lancelot or Mad Hatter's Tea Cups. What do you think?

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Bettan"I think it would be funny to see for example Donald Duck in Le Carrousel de Lancelot or Mad Hatter's Tea Cups. What do you think?

I think that this would be a great idea, how fantastic would it be to sit next to Goofy on the Carousel, or Donald on Dumbo? However, this would (only slightly :wink: ) slow down the queue on busy days, and I dare say there are some health and safety issues with it, but it would be brilliant :)

Kristof

This is actually practiced at WDW every morning.  Characters pick a family who they ride the first ride of the day with; Goofy in the Barnstormer, Alice and the Mad Hatter in the teacups, etc.

At DLRP I've seen Aladdin and Jasmine explore Le Passage quite a few times the past year and once I've followed the Mad Hatter and Alice through the entire Labyrinth...  :lol:
I've also a few photos of Meeko sitting on Bullseye at Woody's Roundup Village, but that's not a real attraction designed by WDI...

Snow_White_Girl

There's a video somewhere on Youtube of Minnie on Gadget's Go Coaster at DCA! Hang on, I'll see if I can find it....

Hmmm, it seems to have gone  :shock: Never mind.... :(

\":lamp:\"

HasserX

It would be a great idea - Like going on space mountain mission 2 with Donald Duck! ( I think if he did though he would feel pretty sick  :D )

bigrossco

Quote from: "HasserX"It would be a great idea - Like going on space mountain mission 2 with Donald Duck! ( I think if he did though he would feel pretty sick  :D )

i would rather go on SM with Mickey Mouse :D
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

jax

Hi I have been on the caroucel and snow white has been in one of the seated cars.  It was great to watch, mind it was a few years ago

littlemermaid83

In the old Euro disney advert you can see Pooh Bear riding BTM, Phantom Manor, Star Tours and watching the parade.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Snow_White_Girl

Quote from: "jax"Hi I have been on the caroucel and snow white has been in one of the seated cars.  It was great to watch, mind it was a few years ago
Oh I would've loved to have seen that! They seem to go on rides a lot at DLA, I've seen a video of Snow White and Cinderella on the Storybook Canal Boats (a bit like DLRP's Pays des Contes de Fees), would have killed to have been on that ride with them lol! :lol:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Snow_White_Girl"
Quote from: "jax"Hi I have been on the caroucel and snow white has been in one of the seated cars.  It was great to watch, mind it was a few years ago
Oh I would've loved to have seen that! They seem to go on rides a lot at DLA, I've seen a video of Snow White and Cinderella on the Storybook Canal Boats (a bit like DLRP's Pays des Contes de Fees), would have killed to have been on that ride with them lol! :lol:

Lol, I've seen one with Alice and the Mad Hatter, it's hilarious! :lol:

Snow_White_Girl

Hehe with Peter Pan and Hook as well? I've seen that one too!  :mrgreen:

Willow

I love that video you guys are talking about. Here's the link.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JtqwzJuHfYg

Hatter: "Near, far, where-ever you are. ICEBERG!"

Hatter "How is this any sorts of means for a Monarchy? Oh, your foot fits into the shoe, now you're the Queen. Thats like pulling a sword from a stone, thats just silly."

Hatter: "How come we don't have any wood carvers anymore? What if I wanted to get me carved out of wood?"

Hatter: "I am not going to kiss the girl. BUT SHE'S 12!"
Peter Pan: "And, she's annoying."

Cast Member: "Back when Alice was a Mermaid...."
Alice: "I DIDN'T KNOW I WAS A MERMAID."
Hatter: "YOU'RE A MERMAID?"

Hatter: "I'm a beautiful palm tree."

In Anaheim they do call him the "Mad" Hatter. I think this Cast Member has left now, its a real shame.

Patrick

Ha nice video, I wish characters would board rides a bit more, would be so fun to ride with them.  Can you imagine riding it's a small world with Maleficent :lol: .

davewasbaloo

I have ridden with a few at DL in California, but it has been a long time in Paris.

In 1992, we rode the Tea Cups with the Mad Hatter (Alice was in another cup). I also rode Star Tours with Chewbacca and an ewok (this was opening weekend).
since 2001 (many before that)

MinniesBestPal

Mary Poppins was on the carousel when we went!  :D