New DLRP Trailer for Lady & the Tramp

Started by Anthony, February 11, 2006, 03:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Whenever there's a new Disney DVD in the UK, the first thing I always do is check if there's a DLRP advert on it!  And luckily, the new Lady & the Tramp DVD has one!  Yay!  And it's a brand new one too, made just for this DVD, which I like...

They use footage from both the new online advert and the UK Brochure promo DVD, and although they probably could have chosen better shots, it works well enough.  The music is has a nice classic storybook feel, which livens up towords the end of the ad.

I can't get it online from the DVD, so here's a run-through:

- Mickey and Minnie at the top of the castle

Have you ever dreamed

- Girl in pink princess dress

Of pixie dust

- Alice with the falling flowers

Princes and Princesses

- Beauty and the Beast stage show
- Beauty and the Beast in Fantasyland
- Woman receiving a rose near the Carrousel

and Storybook Endings?

- Girl with Pluto near the Carrousel

DREAMS HAPPEN

* music gets faster*
A series of really really quick shots, featuring:
- Fantillusion
- Buffalo Bills (i think)
- Girl chasing ducks with Donald
- Big Thunder Mountain
- Dwarves meet n greet
- Boy watching the Stunt Show
- Woman dancing with Baloo in front of the castle
- Close-up girl meeting Mickey
- Walt Disney Studios Front Lot
Storybook closes on the footage, with DLRP logo on the front

Storybook opens on a page featuring text

The classic that is
Lady and the Tramp

- Spaghetti scene from the film

Lives in
Disneyland Resort Paris

- Background of castle with fireworks

ENJOY THE FILM

RELIVE THE MAGIC

disneylandparis.com

- Animated Tink flys in, casts the screen to darkness.

The reason I'm particularly impressed with this advert is because they've related it to the DVD, and used a very clever slogan to make people realise that they can relive the magic of the film they're about to see in Disneyland Resort Paris.  It's a shame they didn't do something with Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast, but I think this advert should work really well.  

"Enjoy the film - relive the magic - Disneyland Resort paris" is such a good catchphrase.  I hope they update this advert for future DVDs...

Kris

Fantastic concept. We need more great videos/adverts like this! Although I don't want the film, I might buy the DVD for the commerical now lol  8)
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Anthony

Quote from: "Kris"Fantastic concept. We need more great videos/adverts like this! Although I don't want the film, I might buy the DVD for the commerical now lol  8)
Haha!  It's not one of my favourite films - it used to really scare me, with the siamese cats, Lady getting the muzzle put on her, etc, but I can't have a Disney DVD collection without it!  The special features on Disc 2 are really nice actually, some old sections from Disneyland tv shows and a good making of.  :)

I just really liked the "enjoy the film!" concept of this trailer, I think it'll do really well...