Unscheduled Maintenance

Started by Martyn, March 02, 2010, 09:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martyn

Its two years in a row now that the River Boat Landing has been closed all week during our trip. Yet this wasn't on the website as a scheduled closure, it wasn't on the park guides either.

Same goes for Animagique, though it was on the park guides, but not online.

The Circus train and boat ride which are normally closed over winter were even included on the park guides as closed attractions, so why are they closing the RBL randomly?

dagobert

I think RBL was closed becaue of the cold weather. It was also closed during our trip three weeks ago, because of the cold weather.

Martyn

Why would that be a reason to close it though? I could understand if the lake was frozen, but it wasn't during my visit.

Is Animagique closing due to cut backs? Thats 2 years in a row its been closed in January?

dagobert

Quote from: "Martyn"Why would that be a reason to close it though? I could understand if the lake was frozen, but it wasn't during my visit.

Is Animagique closing due to cut backs? Thats 2 years in a row its been closed in January?

Okay, then I have no idea why it was closed. When we have been the the river was partly frozen.

Maybe they just open TMRBL when a certain amount of visitors are in the park?

johnd331

It was closed last time I was there too. In this case, there was a floating brdige (at least it looked like one) between the shore and BTM, probably to get some gear over to the BTM island. In this case, it was quite obvious that it would be unable to run, since it needed to cross that bridge.

HildeKitten

Quote from: "Martyn"Why would that be a reason to close it though? I could understand if the lake was frozen, but it wasn't during my visit.

It was closed too when I was there, but then part of the lake _was_ frozen shut so it was normal it wasn't going.

As for Animagique, I think it's closure might have something to do with toystory playland being build.

Martyn

^ Are they changing the show then? Its not like it is anywhere near TSPL?

Anthony

Animagique and all the permanent show attractions at WDS just close for a couple of weeks each year for a break. Refurb, rehearsals, holidays, whatever.

Martyn

Yeah I figured that, its the same as all the attractions I presume. They just didn't have it on the website and its 2 years in a row now that its been closed in January. I thought it may be to do with cutting back during quiter times.